Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:05-06-2014, PPR2:17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
hoping they process the ones already applied. i guess we;ll have to wait and watch.

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
ohh, Thank you for letting me know, for a moment I thought they resumed e-visa as well.
I think the govt. wants to relieve the pressure on Indian origin ppl wanting to travel, but tourism will still be blocked as a retaliatory move (officially for the security of Indian diplomats) I guess.

sravyapangur

May 16, 2019
I think the govt. wants to relieve the pressure on Indian origin ppl wanting to travel, but tourism will still be blocked as a retaliatory move (officially for the security of Indian diplomats) I guess.
Hmm, right. I applied for e-visa on Sep 20th just day before visa processing suspended, for my travel in Nov. I am happy to see the news, but then realized e-visa are still suspended :( . Nothing I can do now other than waiting.

nh9522

Jun 8, 2016
Hello Group,

If someone can help with a query. Looking to travel to India and I am a dual nationality holder. That is Canadian and Fijian nationality. Also in my possession have both active passports.

Please advise from Canada if I can apply for E-Visa under Fijian passport. If granted is there an issue at the port of entry in Mumbai or issues when returning back to Canada.

1)Assuming for return I just need my Canadian passport.
2)Arrival I need to show my Fijian passport with the E-Visa approval. Will the immigration officer raise an issue of having a Canadian passport.

Please advise if anyone tried E-Visa under another nationality from Canada. Thanks

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Group,

If someone can help with a query. Looking to travel to India and I am a dual nationality holder. That is Canadian and Fijian nationality. Also in my possession have both active passports.

Please advise from Canada if I can apply for E-Visa under Fijian passport. If granted is there an issue at the port of entry in Mumbai or issues when returning back to Canada.

1)Assuming for return I just need my Canadian passport.
2)Arrival I need to show my Fijian passport with the E-Visa approval. Will the immigration officer raise an issue of having a Canadian passport.

Please advise if anyone tried E-Visa under another nationality from Canada. Thanks
When you would submit your E-visa application with your Fijian passport, you would have to submit your Canadian passport details too. If the application gets accepted with them knowing you have both the passport, I don't see any issues with you travelling.