+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone affected by Indian visa services being halted

Dighs194

Sep 7, 2023
Canada
Category........
AINP
To resolve your travel dilemma, I recommend using your Canadian passport to board your flight from Detroit to India. Upon arrival in India, present your Indian passport to immigration authorities, as it's valid for 90 days post-citizenship acquisition. Ensure you carry both passports for reference. Safe travels!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
To resolve your travel dilemma, I recommend using your Canadian passport to board your flight from Detroit to India. Upon arrival in India, present your Indian passport to immigration authorities, as it's valid for 90 days post-citizenship acquisition. Ensure you carry both passports for reference. Safe travels!
Which passport would one need to show at the gate while boarding the plane to India at Detroit airport ?

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am tired of reading this weird two passport proposals. Everyone is giving advice. No one is saying I did it :D
Question I should have asked:
-which detention center would the individual like to go to?
-Or pay fines in US $ or CA$ or INR ?
Enter Detroit/US on Canadian passport and then try to fly out from Detroit/US to India using Indian passport ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RedWhiteRed

Bani_sg

Jan 2, 2019
These people have applied for OCI (including me)- that means they surrendered their Indian passports and it says cancelled. I think that 90 days grace period only works BEFORE you surrender it! So I think this might be a huge risk

Bani_sg

Jan 2, 2019
Hi I applied for EVISA on September 19th and online status shows processed but no details nothing and I have not received any mail. Any idea on will they be processing evisa applications submitted before Sep 21? I am flying on Oct 27th and its really urgent.. Will this work? Also submitted OCI application at BLS Edmonton on Sep 27th.. What you all think? Will my plans for India will still work?
Does your status say granted? Did you try emailing/calling the evisa help desk?

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Does your status say granted? Did you try emailing/calling the evisa help desk?
Your application for Indian e-Visa has been processed with following result.
Application ID :-
Passport No :-
Note: Application will take 72 hours for processing and a response would be sent to the email provided in the visa application.
For any assistance contact e-Visa support center at indiatvoa@gov.in

This is what I see online

Bani_sg

Jan 2, 2019
Note: Application will take 72 hours for processing and a response would be sent to the email provided in the visa application.

Ahh yeah I see the same thing! And no answer on call or mail. Doesn't seem like visas will be processed - just have to wait for OCI I guess!

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Ahh yeah I see the same thing! And no answer on call or mail. Doesn't seem like visas will be processed - just have to wait for OCI I guess!
I applied for OCI yesterday at Edmonton BLS.. Issue is my tickets are already booked for Oct 27th.. I really hope hope hope one of 2 come by that time :( Any news on are they even working to make it easy for us?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017

you are searching your status on wrong screen. Same page where you search your status instead of entering your application id and passport number look below the option “Advanced search for eVisa only”.
Select this and then try to search. This option wont work as one of required info is select Nationality and Canada has been removed from the drop down.
Bottom line no way to check the eVisa status for Canadian.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
you are searching your status on wrong screen. Same page where you search your status instead of entering your application id and passport number look below the option “Advanced search for eVisa only”.
Select this and then try to search. This option wont work as one of required info is select Nationality and Canada has been removed from the drop down.
Bottom line no way to check the eVisa status for Canadian.
So in short nothing we can do and just have to wait and watch :( my travel is really urgent and I really they sort this issue out ASAP