+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody who has used IRCC webform as landed PR immigrant?

belle07

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

Anybody has used the IRCC webform as landed PR immigrant? Wondering if I can use it to correct a mistake done in the PR application.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm having same problem, wondering does anyone have similar experience that can share
You can't correct something after the fact. Only before landing.

hhhh2022

Jan 6, 2022
You can't correct something after the fact. Only before landing.
thank you @scylla! This is what I was thinking as well, but I called CIC today and the agent told me to send a webform to let them know my changes. My situation is: I became a PR since early last year. My parents divorced 20 years ago and my mom had my custody. I have had almost no contacts with my dad (maybe about 5 time a year). In my PR application, I only listed my parents info. So the problem is I just knew that my dad has a young child from his new family (a friend of my dad told my mom then my mom told me). Even now, I don't know anything about this kid and my father told me he doesn't feel comfortable telling me about his new family.

what do you think about this? I originally think just to be quite and i wouldn't sponsor my father and his new family anyway, so I was thinking there shouldn't be an issue. But after I called CIC today, I started thinking if i should send a webform or not ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you @scylla! This is what I was thinking as well, but I called CIC today and the agent told me to send a webform to let them know my changes. My situation is: I became a PR since early last year. My parents divorced 20 years ago and my mom had my custody. I have had almost no contacts with my dad (maybe about 5 time a year). In my PR application, I only listed my parents info. So the problem is I just knew that my dad has a young child from his new family (a friend of my dad told my mom then my mom told me). Even now, I don't know anything about this kid and my father told me he doesn't feel comfortable telling me about his new family.

what do you think about this? I originally think just to be quite and i wouldn't sponsor my father and his new family anyway, so I was thinking there shouldn't be an issue. But after I called CIC today, I started thinking if i should send a webform or not ...
The IRCC help desk doesn't always give the best advice.

You can't go back in time and change the information in your application. So no point sending the webform. IRCC won't do anything with it.

If you ever end up sponsoring your father in the future, then you would include an LOE to explain the circumstances.

hhhh2022

Jan 6, 2022
The IRCC help desk doesn't always give the best advice.

You can't go back in time and change the information in your application. So no point sending the webform. IRCC won't do anything with it.

If you ever end up sponsoring your father in the future, then you would include an LOE to explain the circumstances.
thanks a lotttt @scylla !!! I have had no regular contacts with my father for a long time and I'm 100% sure I will not sponsor him in the future by any means. And last week when I text & called him, even if I explained to him that this is a important information for me and I need to know his kid's info to update CIC, he doesn't want to give me the info and he believes his new family has nothing to do with me...

The only concern I have is what if CIC find this out later on that I have this half-sibling and I didn't disclose it? I'm really worried they will think I misrepresented my CEC application and remove me from Canada ... So i was just thinking to be proactive and let them know first, even if they find this out later, it will be a positive factor for me that I already disclosed it to them, then I may have a chance to explain to them before they remove me or charge me with misrepresentation ... :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Leave it be, it won't be considered misrepresentation with respect to your app.

Misrepresentation has to be material - something would have changed because of this information -and highly unlikely an unknown sibling would have affected your app.

Leave it be.

hhhh2022

Jan 6, 2022
Leave it be, it won't be considered misrepresentation with respect to your app.

Misrepresentation has to be material - something would have changed because of this information -and highly unlikely an unknown sibling would have affected your app.

Leave it be.
thank you armoured! knowing misrepresentation has to be material is such a relief for me! do you think i should update it in the future with my other applications? like pr renewal application, or do you think i should just keep quiet?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thank you armoured! knowing misrepresentation has to be material is such a relief for me! do you think i should update it in the future with my other applications? like pr renewal application, or do you think i should just keep quiet?
I think no harm in updating in future (with short explanation), BUT: only if the forms you're completing and filng actually require this information. (Don't think the PR renewal requires a family tree but deal with it when the time comes.)

hhhh2022

Jan 6, 2022
I think no harm in updating in future (with short explanation), BUT: only if the forms you're completing and filng actually require this information. (Don't think the PR renewal requires a family tree but deal with it when the time comes.)
thanks @armoured! I checked the pr renewal form, It doesn't ask this info unfortunately :( and I don't think there will be opportunities in the future that they will ask the family info again, that's why im a little worries :( but thank you again for your replies!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thanks @armoured! I checked the pr renewal form, It doesn't ask this info unfortunately :( and I don't think there will be opportunities in the future that they will ask the family info again, that's why im a little worries :( but thank you again for your replies!
On the contrary, you should be less worried - since they are not asking for this information in most future scenarios, there's even less likelihood it could be relevant and therefore material.

As mentioned - the primary scenario in which it would come up AND be material is if you were to attempt to sponsor this half-sibling and/or your father; which for the time being sounds quite unlikely.

hhhh2022

Jan 6, 2022
On the contrary, you should be less worried - since they are not asking for this information in most future scenarios, there's even less likelihood it could be relevant and therefore material.

As mentioned - the primary scenario in which it would come up AND be material is if you were to attempt to sponsor this half-sibling and/or your father; which for the time being sounds quite unlikely.
thank you so much @armoured! It's such a relief for me!