+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anybody waiting for atleast 7 months now?

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
my inland application has been more than 7 months and counting. i'm wondering if anybody has similar situation. i've known some people who atleast got AIP who were even submitted application later than i did.

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Actually yes,our application is now 3 years and coutning. Sad. I should say we finally got AIP last December. My husband did the secruity check in Jan and then medical in Feb. Since then....nothing. It's really hard not to become dispondent some days.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
chocolover,

really? it took that long? oh my, have you considered withdrawing and just applying for outland? i mean it would've been faster i supposed. i'm going crazy over this and also now we're having issues.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
It took me almost as long as well. I came to canada in may 94, and my completed landing was oct 97. I started in montreal, and finsihed in Vancouver. I also had a baby during that time - was frustrating. But with AIP in hand, I could study, work etc... and had insurance - it was just a formality to get the actual paper.

Good luck though, and hope it comes soon.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
hi rasha,

really? thanks for your input. i'm still waiting for my aip. and i need to be able to leave this country and come back. see i'm doing my nursing registration and i can't do it until i go back home and do an exam and do another exam here in vancouver. i won't be able to do that if i don't get the PR. oh well i don't really have i choice do i? it's just you know, i wanna make use of my degree than not be able to do it cause time is passing by..

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
rich_m0nd said:
chocolover,

really? it took that long? oh my, have you considered withdrawing and just applying for outland? i mean it would've been faster i supposed. i'm going crazy over this and also now we're having issues.
Yeah, sorry. Idon't want you to fret in dispair. Everyone's case is different. Here is the thread I started a few months ago in case you are interested in the particular and maybe you will find something in it that will help you.
We are still awaiting information either for PR status or a work permit.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-sponsorship-and-inteviewaip-help-needed-to-do-workapplication-t12638.0.html;msg77265#msg77265

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
chocolover,

i read the link you gave.. I too am a refugee claimant. although my case hasn't gone on a hearing yet. i'm still worried that this would be an issue. i'm wanting to get the AIP so i can withdraw my refugee claim. but it's been a while and still there's no response.. i have a friend who did their inland 3 days earlier than i did got her PR already (7months). i was so jealous. what was wrong with mine? i keep asking that question. was it because of my refugee claim? but there is one guy here in the forum who sent their application 1 month later than i did and he got his AIP. he's also a refugee. so i'm not sure what's going on.. i'm even thinking of just getting my employer to help me with Provincial nominee. as i am losing hope. Now we're not living togther for the mean time cause i had problem with my inlaws. i moved out and she did too. but she wanted to fix everything starting from herself so i gotta respect that decision. eventually we'll be living together but for now who knows. i don't know..

J

jdwhite21

Why do some people get their PR so much faster than others, is there that much difference in the cases or is it the people who process it, like I really don't understand. Anyways, best of luck to all you guys waiting, we've been waiting 5 months now and that seems like forever and its unbearable b/c we need my husband to work, I'm on maternity leave... but I hope you all get good news soon ^_^

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
My Inland (spousal) application and my sons (outland, dependant) application has so far taken 4 years and 7 months.

My part of the inland application was completed in January 2008, however, my medicals expired and I have just redone them. The big delay for me has been from the london office (UK) as they have been processing my son's part and they have not been the most efficient.

I am hoping (fingers, toes, legs, arms etc crossed, lol) that we should have our PR granted within the next 3 months as I have been told by London that we are in the "final stage" and they are just waiting for my son's medical report to be cleared.

It's incredibly frustrating!

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Siouxie,

That's must really be frustrating. you should've finished your application first and then the dependent comes next.. maybe that would've made your application faster. It is very frustrating and I don't know what comes next.. now they tell me i have so many application. i'm thinking to just redo it or something like that. just laugh. getting frustrated doesn't help. i know it's hard i'm just saying it but i'm really really frustrated.

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
jdwhite21 said:
Why do some people get their PR so much faster than others, is there that much difference in the cases or is it the people who process it, like I really don't understand. Anyways, best of luck to all you guys waiting, we've been waiting 5 months now and that seems like forever and its unbearable b/c we need my husband to work, I'm on maternity leave... but I hope you all get good news soon ^_^
I have asked myself that same thing as well. People who applied after we did, have their visa's already, and here we sit. I think they eenie meenie minie moe and pull files at random...it is so frustrating reading that others have their visa, and we don't....wish they would do first come first serve. They did call us and said they were asking for meds at that time, that was 6 weeks ago..not a word since...very very frustrating..

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
mine was tranfered to local visa office. i tried to keep myself away from thinking about this. i've been sick worried for a year now. and it doesn't help. they say it takes about a year again when it's transfered to local office. what a pain. good luck guys.