Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
I will be bringing many unused dresses, mainly my wife's dresses, is there any problem to bring new dresses with tags still in place, do they normally ope the baggage and check for new and used stuff ?

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Khalid

At least i have not used any company........................I am staying without insurance cover
Alhamdolillah OK

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Dear Khalid

If you are planning to go back after 3 months? plan well because now a days CIC is giving PR cards very late instead of 4 to 6 weeks in my case its already 8 weeks and yet i have not heard any news about my PR card and some time CIC gives cards to whole family except one member and asks for the new pictures. So you must have a sound planning that you should not leave canada without PR card. By the way after landing which area you are going to stay?

Regards.

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Dear luck007

Why dont you call CIC and ask them the current status of your PR Card? CIC website as Last updated: October 17, 2012 very clearly states that new PR application are being Processed in 64 calendar days (This time applies if you have provided a mailing address) and Existing permanent residents renewals replacement of initial cards is processed in 91 calendar days. The CIC is presently Working on applications received up to August 10, 2012.
Note: If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre.

Good Luck

luck007

May 13, 2012
dear ejazz
The cic people told me that days shown on the website are WORKING days rather than CALENDAR days

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
When I spoke to CIC people they say the days on the website are calendar days. How come official website may be containing wrong information for the public under the rules any body can sue them ........

luck007

May 13, 2012
eejazmalik said:
When I spoke to CIC people they say the days on the website are calendar days. How come official website may be containing wrong information for the public under the rules any body can sue them ........
God knows better.... i was under the same impression ... but what else can i do? the contact number and other means of correspondance are only for call centre and those people answering the queries dont limited information and literally no authority... do u know any higher authority contact info?

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
If you have an strong justification, and If you like, you can write to CIC Minister. This is a free country i am sure you will get a good response. I had this experience in the past while my application was in process i wrote to minister and i got very good response from minister's staff and the matter was looked into. But if you have no urgency then wait ..........

luck007

May 13, 2012
eejazmalik said:
If you have an strong justification, and If you like, you can write to CIC Minister. This is a free country i am sure you will get a good response. I had this experience in the past while my application was in process i wrote to minister and i got very good response from minister's staff and the matter was looked into. But if you have no urgency then wait ..........
i do have urgency... can u give me the minister's address ... is it Minister@cic.gc.ca or something else? it will be very helpful