+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANYBODY LANDED AROUND AUGUST 14 & WAITING OR RECEIVED PR CARD

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
if u are waiting for PR card? plz share when u applied and whats your current status?
Can we check the status of initial PR card on line?
If urgent processing of initial PR card is possible?

Plz guide ...

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Still Waiting. Landed on 27th August. Based on the CIC website, it is now taking up to 61 calendar days to process PR cards for first time applicants. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Current ecas status is "decision Made". The home address changed to our Canada address a few days after we landed, but the postal address is still our previous address from our home country. I heard the postal address will change to Canada address once the PR card is ready/mailed out.

9j

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
9jcanada said:
Still Waiting. Landed on 27th August. Based on the CIC website, it is now taking up to 61 calendar days to process PR cards for first time applicants. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Current ecas status is "decision Made". The home address changed to our Canada address a few days after we landed, but the postal address is still our previous address from our home country. I heard the postal address will change to Canada address once the PR card is ready/mailed out.

9j
did you guys filled out PR CARD application form at the time of landing? you have prepared that form before your landing to save time? what is the form? it is for new immigrant or for renewal? or both? pls tell your experience.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
bkd1969 said:
did you guys filled out PR CARD application form at the time of landing? you have prepared that form before your landing to save time? what is the form? it is for new immigrant or for renewal? or both? pls tell your experience.
No, we didn't have to complete the PR application form ahead of our landing.

To the best of my knowledge the CBSO/Immigration officers complete that for newly landed applicants as part of the landing process. That was the case for us, and it took us less than 15 minutes for a family of 4.

9j

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Dear 9jcanada
Thanks for the update....

I guess 61 calendar days is the maximum time, even you can receive PR card earlier if lucky enough.The meaning of calander days is days including holidays. I landed on August 14 2012 provided my address in canada where im living but this address in never reflected on e cas. The only cahnge i can see on my e cas is

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 3 office on August 14, 2012 and became a Permanent Resident."
[/b]

After few days i again notified my canadian residencial address to CIC office using on line service but no change appeared on e-cas. Thereafter i called CIC call center i was lucky enough to get through to the agent to ensure my address in the system. The CIC was having my updated address and details in the system.So we can assume that e-cas is not reliable enough. The agent told me that i can expect my card around November 9, 2012.

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Dear

I have the same experience i did not completed / filled any form PR was a process of my landing and automatic.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
eejazmalik said:
Dear 9jcanada
Thanks for the update....

I guess 61 calendar days is the maximum time, even you can receive PR card earlier if lucky enough.The meaning of calander days is days including holidays. I landed on August 14 2012 provided my address in canada where im living but this address in never reflected on e cas. The only cahnge i can see on my e cas is

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 3 office on August 14, 2012 and became a Permanent Resident."
[/b]

After few days i again notified my canadian residencial address to CIC office using on line service but no change appeared on e-cas. Thereafter i called CIC call center i was lucky enough to get through to the agent to ensure my address in the system. The CIC was having my updated address and details in the system.So we can assume that e-cas is not reliable enough. The agent told me that i can expect my card around November 9, 2012.
Hi,

That is quite interesting. I didn't know ecas updates show the date you arrived/landed in Canada. So when did the latter part (the landing date) reflect on your ecas? Mine is still showing same status without the landing date. I guess you can expect your PR card in the post soonest then

9j

WeLoveCanada

Oct 11, 2012
Hello, just couple of weeks back (middle of Sept-2012) we landed in Canada and during that, we unable to give our Canadian address, but after 3 days I filled out online application for Change of Address (Canada/Toronto address). Now we came back to USA.

And, we not filled any PR application form at the time of landing. What does it mean and do I need to fill it now, since I didn't provide address during our landing and no immigration officer asked us fill anything ?

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Did anyone took medical insurance before landing in ontario ? if yes from which company and how ? Please share

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Dear Khalid

I did not purchased any Insurance. I suggest you to carry some common medicines from home under the prescription of a doctor, if you think that your family will stay healthy there's no need to purchase medical insurance. You can purchase the same here in Canada if needed and large no of companies offering you the service. But be careful about the infant if you have any in your family since infants are more sensitive to the weather and Canadian weather is changing very quickly during Last week of August we were using AC and during first week of October we are using heaters.

Good Luck

eejazmalik

Oct 6, 2012
Love Canada

At the time of landing you are not required to fill any separate form for PR card. First card is automatic and process of your landing provided you have given an address to deliver the card. If you are not able to provide the mailing address at the time of landing you have to notify the address on line with in 180 days of your landing. In your case you was supposed to notify your address in stead of changing your address online. Changing the address on line and notifieng the address on line are two different things. I will recommend you to notify the address to CIC on line.

Cheers.

WeLoveCanada

Oct 11, 2012
Hello eejazmalik,

Thanks for your reply !

During our landing process at POE, the immigration officer given to me a form "ADDRESS NOTIFICATION - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD" and in that application form, the below address provided:

www DOT cic DOT gc DOT ca/english/e-services/index.asp

Through this website, I went to Change of Address and select "In Canada" and it asked my login details (like, client ID/File#), family name, date of birth, country and then it bring up an application form, it has following (as per my memory)

Address in Canada

For me:
Name/family name
Client ID
Landing date
Date of Birth
And,
Same for depended
Name/family name
Client ID
Landing date
Date of Birth

And, my email id.

Is this correct ? Anything I missing or do I need to contact CIC call center of PR cards, please advise.

Thanks

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
eejazmalik said:
Dear Khalid

I did not purchased any Insurance. I suggest you to carry some common medicines from home under the prescription of a doctor, if you think that your family will stay healthy there's no need to purchase medical insurance. You can purchase the same here in Canada if needed and large no of companies offering you the service. But be careful about the infant if you have any in your family since infants are more sensitive to the weather and Canadian weather is changing very quickly during Last week of August we were using AC and during first week of October we are using heaters.

Good Luck
Thanks eejaaz for the reply, You are right, but just worried about any problem due to weather as I will have next 3 months of Nov Dec Jan the most difficult months without medical cover, so I think it is better to take one. I have checked online and found but if someone has used any company then we will have feed back about the service. I will be landing on 17th October