+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody in India approved this month

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
The high commission office is closed but officers are working on applications remotely.
But they aren’t giving the decisions right? I yet have to come across claims backed with a post and profile where someone got their decision recently.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
And may i know the source of this information? Provided that zero PPRs have been given since they stopped biometrics etc.
Hey in your signature, as you are unsure if a new visa will be affixed, i think this might interest you:

Source - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/final-decisions.html

Overseas
Once the officer is satisfied that the applicant has met all eligibility and admissibility requirements, they should do the following:

• enter the final decision
  • issue a letter of introduction indicating the document number and the recommended validity period
  • indicate the recommended conditions in the “User Remarks” box in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) (see Conditions and user remarks)
  • ensure an electronic travel authorization (eTA) has been generated and authorized if required
  • issue a temporary resident visa (TRV) if required
    • It is not permitted to cancel any valid pre-existing visa in the passport if the purpose for which it was obtained remains valid (e.g., a bona fide business person holding a long-term multiple-entry TRV who requires a short-term study permit).
    • If there is a pre-existing TRV (e.g., V-1 or B-1) valid for a period longer than the period of the study permit, it is not necessary to affix a second counterfoil to the passport with the coding S-1. Visas should be issued for multiple entries, and be valid for the same period as the study permit or the passport, whichever is shorter (unless otherwise specified in the IC 2 chapter). Officers will need to consult with the appropriate officer in their respective office to determine whether the student is from a country classified under the Visitor Information Transmission (VIT) category, as described in chapter IC 2.

Reactions: imisstraveling

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Hey in your signature, as you are unsure if a new visa will be affixed, i think this might interest you:

Source - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/final-decisions.html

Overseas
Once the officer is satisfied that the applicant has met all eligibility and admissibility requirements, they should do the following:

• enter the final decision
  • issue a letter of introduction indicating the document number and the recommended validity period
  • indicate the recommended conditions in the “User Remarks” box in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) (see Conditions and user remarks)
  • ensure an electronic travel authorization (eTA) has been generated and authorized if required
  • issue a temporary resident visa (TRV) if required
    • It is not permitted to cancel any valid pre-existing visa in the passport if the purpose for which it was obtained remains valid (e.g., a bona fide business person holding a long-term multiple-entry TRV who requires a short-term study permit).
    • If there is a pre-existing TRV (e.g., V-1 or B-1) valid for a period longer than the period of the study permit, it is not necessary to affix a second counterfoil to the passport with the coding S-1. Visas should be issued for multiple entries, and be valid for the same period as the study permit or the passport, whichever is shorter (unless otherwise specified in the IC 2 chapter). Officers will need to consult with the appropriate officer in their respective office to determine whether the student is from a country classified under the Visitor Information Transmission (VIT) category, as described in chapter IC 2.
Hey, thanks a lot for sharing this information. I wasn't able to find it on my own. Anyways, I guess they will be issuing me a new TRV. I got to know this from another member who was on the same boat and he got a PPR.

Reactions: rogerdude1

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hey, thanks a lot for sharing this information. I wasn't able to find it on my own. Anyways, I guess they will be issuing me a new TRV. I got to know this from another member who was on the same boat and he got a PPR.
Yeah they could. Most probably due to to the different nature of visas (the one u had vs the one you would be issued).

Reactions: imisstraveling