+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody have Application returned by CIC because of IMM1344/IMM008?

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi just trying to get clarification.

I would really appreciate it if you could tell us what CIC asked you to do if you:

1) used the old IMM1344/IMM008 forms and CIC returned them back to you

2) used the new IMM1344/IMM008 forms and did not validate them and CIC returned them back to you

3) Or any other version of above.

Thanks very much

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Re: Application returned by CIC because of IMM1344/IMM008? Anybody?

Not sure if you're looking for someone that this has actually happened to. For sure, the old forms are sent back (based on posts on this forum). Regardless of what combination or version of events/oversights occurred, your next step would be to use the "new" forms, ensure they are VALIDATED, and send them back.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

People have reported on cases where they get an e-mail or call requesting specific forms and others have reported cases where their application is sent back. Are you concerned about a specific situation?

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012

Hi thanks for your replies

Yes I have a specific situation. I filled out the IMM1344 by printing in black ink. I am certain I have used the new forms but did not validate the form because it would not let me.
The question asking for a date when you became a citizen, naturalized citizen etc... I have the year but do not have the exact month and day and the guide indicates to use asterisks when unsure of dates. But the form would not validate with asterisks so I printed the form out and filled it out in black ink but NO barcodes.

So I'm wondering if they'll send the whole thing back to me or should I fill out a new form and e-mail it to the CPC-M email or should I wait for them to reply (concern is that they may send the whole thing back and then police certs will be outdated etc..)

Cheers

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012

I should also add that my application was received July 9 so its in the Q waiting. Thats why I thought maybe I should chance resending a new form via e-mail with my details and hope for the best?

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

marcopolocan said:
So I'm wondering if they'll send the whole thing back to me or should I fill out a new form and e-mail it to the CPC-M email or should I wait for them to reply (concern is that they may send the whole thing back and then police certs will be outdated etc..)
There are certainly a number of features of the form that don't make this easy (since the form is inflexible). What I would do is simply pick a date (like the middle of the month) and then attach an explanatory page stating the specific question, what you put, explain that it was in order to make the form validate and that in fact you don't really know. That way you have the advantage of a validated form (and thus quick data entry) without having actually made a false statement (because to be honest, it is unlikely they need the specific month and day, it's just how the form was constructed.)

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012

Hi ceeallen,

That would be FANTASTIC!!

Can you please tell me what you did in filling the forms 1344 and 008 and what you were told by CIC exactly? Ddi you submit forms without the bar codes? Also can you tell me when your application was received because some people are saying they are accepting up to a certain date?

Unfortunately I'm not in Canada and can't call the call centre and VO only accepts e-mails.
Thanks for your reply

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012

Thanks CG

My question now is what to do next? wait for them to reply or resend viam e-mail and chance it?
I have also got people telling me that they are accepting the forms without barcodes and others saying they are not?

Rock and hardplace!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

marcopolocan said:
My question now is what to do next? wait for them to reply or resend viam e-mail and chance it?
I have also got people telling me that they are accepting the forms without barcodes and others saying they are not?
At this point you're basically stuck waiting. If you did send it, there's little chance they're going to be able to easily match it all up in any case (my understanding their facility is more like a warehouse than a mail room.) Indeed, it could create additional confusion (because they would only have part of an application, not the entire thing and they don't seem to like reading cover letters or supplemental material.)

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012

Hi CG

Yes thats the other concern, generating more confusion.

I'm not sure if you or someone else may know if a naturalized citizen would already have a UCI. I was quite young when we came to canada and my parents don't have that information anymore. I was just thinking maybe I may have had one and would perhaps be able to tie things up with a UCI. I may have to call the local embassy and ask what to do about locating a UCI.

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

marcopolocan said:
I'm not sure if you or someone else may know if a naturalized citizen would already have a UCI. I was quite young when we came to canada and my parents don't have that information anymore. I was just thinking maybe I may have had one and would perhaps be able to tie things up with a UCI. I may have to call the local embassy and ask what to do about locating a UCI.
Anyone who was naturalized will have a UCI. But if you don't know the UCI, CIC will look it up and use it. That's not an issue (I did go through the same thing, as my spouse didn't remember the UCI.)

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012

Thats what I was thinking that I may have a UCI already. Perhaps if I call the local embassy and ask what the process is for finding my UCI is .
Then maybe attach a valdated form 1344 with the UCI on it. They should be able to track the form and merge with the rest of the application hopefully? If I then get a request for the form I can say it was already sent (granted it may not be with an case officer's name) but they should be able to (with the UCI) get the new form to the appropriate case officer as it should be on their system.

Or maybe I can send an e-mail to CPC-M indicating that the original form is in the mail (as they need the originals as per checklist) to be added to my file with my UCI. But also attach a copy of the form to the e-mail as well?

I'm trying to be proactive. As you can see I don't sit and wait very well!!

Thanks CG

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

marcopolocan said:
Thats what I was thinking that I may have a UCI already. Perhaps if I call the local embassy and ask what the process is for finding my UCI is .
Then maybe attach a valdated form 1344 with the UCI on it. They should be able to track the form and merge with the rest of the application hopefully? If I then get a request for the form I can say it was already sent (granted it may not be with an case officer's name) but they should be able to (with the UCI) get the new form to the appropriate case officer as it should be on their system.
With a UCI there is a greater chance things will get matched up, but at this point I still wouldn't do it as I'd expect it is more likely to get lost than matched up with your application.

marcopolocan said:
I'm trying to be proactive. As you can see I don't sit and wait very well!!
Oh, believe me, I know all to well how painful it is to "sit and wait" - my first application was filed in June 2009, rejected in December 2011, and I've just been given a court date for October 2012 challenging that decision. In parallel I have a spousal application (since their grounds for rejection were tied to a medical issue and its potential future costs and for spousal that doesn't apply). So after more than three years of actual processing time (plus the three years of procrastination getting TO that point) my patience skills are well honed - and I'm still not very good at it.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012

Wow CG I had no idea. Sometimes you get all wrapped up in your own situation that you forget that others have had to endure much more. You sound like a strong individual and hopefully that pulls you through.

I was just hoping to get our kids into school next year and delays were not an option when I started the process. I thought I had everything sorted . But it goes to show that even the best laid plans can be derailed.

I've e-mailed the VO and CPC-M but it will likely take 2-3 wks to get a reply. If I can get a UCI I may just chance sending the form. The form I did send was signed so perhaps they may not request it ( I don't know)

The frustrating part is that I have not been able to find anyone here that has actually told me that the package was returned because of missing barcodes. I have seen posts that indicate returned packages for not signing the forms. So maybe , just maybe it may pass

Cheers

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Re: Anybody have Application returned by CIC?

Hi there,

For those that have had their applications sent back to them for correction:

Were you sending your application from within Canada to CIC or did you send your application package from outside Canada?

Thanks