+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got his SAUDI driving licence exchanged in ALBERTA

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Did anyone get his Saudi Driving Licence exchanged in Alberta in order to get exemption from GDL programme.

If anyone having done so ,please reply I need some information in this regard.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thnx

wasimiq

Feb 25, 2013
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear Seton,
i am moving to Alberta,i have a 10 years old Pakistani driving licence.currently i am living in Saudi Arabia but i don,t have Saudi driving licence.my questions are ...

1- Should i get a letter from Pakistan driving authority
2- my driving licence is already in english so i think i don,t need to translate it.
3- if i take a letter from a saudi insurance company that i am having no insurance claim or accident for last few years.i hope this will be helpful to tax and a G2 licence...pls answer in detail

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Hi,

Did anyone get his Saudi Driving Licence exchanged in Alberta in order to get exemption from GDL programme.

If anyone having done so ,please reply I need some information in this regard.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thnx
Alberta does not have Reciprocal Licensing Agreement with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or any Gulf countries like USA, England, Germany, france, Australia etc.. A person coming to Alberta from outside Canada may apply to have their previous driving history credited to their Alberta driving record. A successful application will grant exemption from the Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) program and allow for Class 5 road testing without being required to hold a Class 7 driver's licence for one year.

It is very difficult to get a letter of driving history from Saudi ministry of transport

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wasimiq said:
dear Seton,
i am moving to Alberta,i have a 10 years old Pakistani driving licence.currently i am living in Saudi Arabia but i don,t have Saudi driving licence.my questions are ...

1- Should i get a letter from Pakistan driving authority
2- my driving licence is already in english so i think i don,t need to translate it.
3- if i take a letter from a saudi insurance company that i am having no insurance claim or accident for last few years.i hope this will be helpful to tax and a G2 licence...pls answer in detail
1. If possible get a letter.
2. English is OK
3. Perhaps any insurance company may give you discount but not sure.
It won't help for driver's licence. They need a letter from the licence issuing authority on their letter head with signature and office seal.

wasimiq

Feb 25, 2013
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks wilson.........i got the answer.......

wilson said:
1. If possible get a letter.
2. English is OK
3. Perhaps any insurance company may give you discount but not sure.
It won't help for driver's licence. They need a letter from the licence issuing authority on their letter head with signature and office seal.

wasimiq

Feb 25, 2013
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what should be the text contains in the letter issued by the driving issuance licencing authority....

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wasimiq said:
what should be the text contains in the letter issued by the driving issuance licencing authority....
Hey Wasim,
Im also from Saudi, just goto the Maroor office and ask them to give you extract of your driver's license
they will give you a print out from their system, on a letter head, get that translated and your driver's license
as well, thats all you need

wasimiq

Feb 25, 2013
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shukran .........

ItsBeenLongNow said:
Hey Wasim,
Im also from Saudi, just goto the Maroor office and ask them to give you extract of your driver's license
they will give you a print out from their system, on a letter head, get that translated and your driver's license

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Hey Wasim,
Dear I got the extract, but it has nothing related to driving history, just the details mentioned in driving license and in the background maroor logo. This is the letter you meant. Will that work.