+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody from Kyrgyzstan or former USSR??

Kggirl

Jun 2, 2008
I am from Kyrgyzstan. Married to Canadian. We are married for 3 years but already together 5 years. He misses his country, and wants to go.So we decided to apply for Canadian Immigration office.But before applying it would be nice to hear from someone Kyrgyzstan or former USSR countries who has gone through the Immigration process ,if you don't mind sharing your experience.
Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

bgardent

Jun 2, 2008
Hi. My partner is a Russian from Kazakhstan and we are currently going through the process. It is very slow. The application was submitted in December, I received approval as a sponsor in January and we received word last week that they scheduled his interview, but it won't be for another two months! I was kind of surprised they scheduled him for an interview since we have been together since 2002, but I understand that Moscow is what is considered a "high-fraud" post and they interview a lot of people. It he gets his visa in August that would put our total time at 7-8 months.

Kggirl

Jun 2, 2008
Hi and thank you , Bgardent

If you don't mind I'd love to ask about the documents u collected for Immigration office..? I heard it's more complicated and need more documents like "workbook" for former USSR countries. We are also collecting informations from immigration sites but I personally prefer to talk to somebody is going through that process like you.

Thank you again.

bgardent

Jun 2, 2008
Certainly. You can email me at bgardent@hotmail.com. As far as the workbook, they asked my partner to bring this to the interview, but he doesn't have such a thing. He is only 25 and has only worked a couple jobs. He says workbooks are not used as much in Kazakhstan anymore. So I guess he will just have to explain to the immigration officer why he doesn't have one.