+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody from Bangaluru??? Let's get together!!!

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
spyder2011 said:
Hi Sharat,

I recently attended CIIP session with one of the thread memeber(articmaple) He is also from IT backgroud. CIIP will help us little bit in finding job but we have to do lot of preparation on our own. I am waiting for my PP, so once that is in my hand I will start looking for job in full throttle but mean while I have started preparing canadian style resume and started crawling target companies.

How are things going with you?

Regards,
spyder
Hi Spyder,
can you please tell me what is CIIP ? and how can i also register for the same.
As for me, I am targetting May-2012 for my final landing.
However, I have started registering in Monster.ca and looking in workopolis as well.
Workopolis is a good website for canadian jobs.
What are the companies you are targetting ?

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

spyder2011

Feb 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011 (PER : 06-05-2011)
AOR Received.
27-06-2011 (through snail mail)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM - (23-03-2012) got PP back on 26-03-2012
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
sharat_joshi77 said:
Hi Spyder,
can you please tell me what is CIIP ? and how can i also register for the same.
As for me, I am targetting May-2012 for my final landing.
However, I have started registering in Monster.ca and looking in workopolis as well.
Workopolis is a good website for canadian jobs.
What are the companies you are targetting ?

Regards,
Sharat Joshi
Sharat bhai, CIIP is really helpful for getting pre-departure information, they are sponsored by Canadian govt and they are free to attend. You can register for it through http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/ .

I would highly recommend it if you have not lived in canada before :)

Regards,
-spyder

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
spyder2011 said:
Sharat bhai, CIIP is really helpful for getting pre-departure information, they are sponsored by Canadian govt and they are free to attend. You can register for it through http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/ .

I would highly recommend it if you have not lived in canada before :)

Regards,
-spyder
Thanks buddy.
But I am not eligible to register in this as I applied for Canadian VISA from Mexico and that country is not listed :(
Too bad.
But anyways, this site looks very informative.
I have gone through many other sites and have got a lot of info about living in Canada.

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Thank you spyder2011 for detailed info and generosity.

I'll contact you as soon as I come to Bangalore.

I'll be travelling in March end. All the best for your visa.

I will not get any commission or points when you purchase from my membership card - LOL ;D

Thanks again

mycan

spyder2011 said:
exactly, I second Sharat Joshi!!

that is the good place and I have been there. but i found it little bit traditional rather than trendy(personal opinion), but you can still try that once, in fact I bought thermal inner wear from them when I was visiting Denver,CO last time.

I would suggest if you are travelling after april(you might not see much snow after april) then buy warm clothes from canada. Indian warm clothes will not help you in canadian winter and they are bulky so it's better to buy it from there. If you are travelling before april then I would suggest you to buy only one pair from here.

I have another suggestion for you: Decathlon bangalore (French sporting store) http://www.decathlon.in//WARM-WEAR-WARM-JKT-BIONNASSAY

Decathlon is basically like Metro, you need membership to buy things, I am a memeber and you can take my card if you want :) ( I will not get any commission or points when you purchase from my membership card 8))

Regards,
spyder

spyder2011

Feb 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
mycan said:
Thank you spyder2011 for detailed info and generosity.

I'll contact you as soon as I come to Bangalore.

I'll be travelling in March end. All the best for your visa.

I will not get any commission or points when you purchase from my membership card - LOL ;D

Thanks again

mycan
you're welcome :)

ishanbhat455

Feb 1, 2012
Hi All,

I have been recently following this forum and found lot of useful information in various discussions among members. Thank you all for that.

I am interested in getting a PR for Canada and need to start the immigration process. It would be really helpful if any of you could answer my below questions:

1. Since the FSW immigration program has got some restrictions since July 2011 (500 applications accepted for each special occupation), I have started considering the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Are the French assessment tests mandatory for immigration? If not, will it weaken my chances if I don't write these tests?

2. Based on the prior experience of the members, what is the approx time in months that it takes for immigration from India in the Quebec Fed Skilled Worker program?

3. Is cost of living/taxes extremely high in Quebec compared to other Canadian provinces?

spyder2011

Feb 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
ishanbhat455 said:
Hi All,

I have been recently following this forum and found lot of useful information in various discussions among members. Thank you all for that.

I am interested in getting a PR for Canada and need to start the immigration process. It would be really helpful if any of you could answer my below questions:

1. Since the FSW immigration program has got some restrictions since July 2011 (500 applications accepted for each special occupation), I have started considering the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Are the French assessment tests mandatory for immigration? If not, will it weaken my chances if I don't write these tests?

2. Based on the prior experience of the members, what is the approx time in months that it takes for immigration from India in the Quebec Fed Skilled Worker program?

3. Is cost of living/taxes extremely high in Quebec compared to other Canadian provinces?
Ishanbhat455,

Here is the answers to your questions:
1. Yes French in necessary and Quebec skilled worker program has recently(nov-dec 2011) changed the rule. Prior to that formal examination was not required. Also, Quebec have around 70-80% french speaking people and hence it's really good to know french. In India Alliance (http://www.afindia.org/ ) is a good institute to learn french.

2. I would say roughly 10-14 months, you can check website for exact time. (remember, that varies case to case! :))

3. This is a tricky question ;) Cost of Living depends on individual to individual life style also anywhere in world if you are staying in downtown you will be paying higher. So I would suggest you not to think much about this as of now :) Quebec taxes are may be moderate compared to other province. (I think Alberta has less taxes)

All the best for your process!
Regards,
spyder2011

ishanbhat455

Feb 1, 2012
spyder2011 said:
Ishanbhat455,

Here is the answers to your questions:
1. Yes French in necessary and Quebec skilled worker program has recently(nov-dec 2011) changed the rule. Prior to that formal examination was not required. Also, Quebec have around 70-80% french speaking people and hence it's really good to know french. In India Alliance is a good institute to learn french.

2. I would say roughly 10-14 months, you can check website for exact time. (remember, that varies case to case! :))

3. This is a tricky question ;) Cost of Living depends on individual to individual life style also anywhere in world if you are staying in downtown you will be paying higher. So I would suggest you not to think much about this as of now :) Quebec taxes are may be moderate compared to other province. (I think Alberta has less taxes)

All the best for your process!
Regards,
spyder2011

Thanks spyder2011 for the valuable info. That helps.

ishanbhat455

Feb 1, 2012
Another question:

Other than FSW and Quebec Skilled Worker program, are there any other immigration programs offered by the Canadian govt?

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
ishanbhat455 said:
Another question:

Other than FSW and Quebec Skilled Worker program, are there any other immigration programs offered by the Canadian govt?
PNP - Provincial Nominees Program
Get info from this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

mycan

ishanbhat455

Feb 1, 2012
Since Canadian govt has made it mandatory to include English proficiency test results with the application and there are two options for English tests- IELTS and CELPIP. My query is:

1. Which of these two is easier to score high?

2. Can CELPIP be written from India? If not, then how will a FSW applicant include language test scores when submitting the application?

spyder2011

Feb 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
ishanbhat455 said:
Since Canadian govt has made it mandatory to include English proficiency test results with the application and there are two options for English tests- IELTS and CELPIP. My query is:

1. Which of these two is easier to score high?

2. Can CELPIP be written from India? If not, then how will a FSW applicant include language test scores when submitting the application?
I have no idea about CELPIP but All this english tests are designed very smartly and they check your ACTUAL level of english.

When I say ACTUAL!!! that means that Kitna bhi prepration karlo marks mein jyada farak nahi padega ;) . Basically they check very intrinsic knowledge of language and that comes better with time rather than EXAM PREPARATION. Exam Preparation is just for the sake of knowing the exam preparation.

I hope I have not confused you :) I would say 2 weeks preparation is enough for IELTS to know the structure of the examination.

Regards,
spyder

ishanbhat455

Feb 1, 2012
One question regarding job search in Canada. The CIC website provides links to various job portals in Canada.

I wanted to know (based on the experience of the members in this discussion forum) about how easy is it to get a job through these portals (especially when applying from India). Are there any portals which have a better chance of job offers than others?

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
ishanbhat455 said:
One question regarding job search in Canada. The CIC website provides links to various job portals in Canada.

I wanted to know (based on the experience of the members in this discussion forum) about how easy is it to get a job through these portals (especially when applying from India). Are there any portals which have a better chance of job offers than others?
Ishan,
I am also trying out similar search.
Its tough to get thru if one is in India. I tried registering in some sites, but they want Canada address and phone number.
However, after talking to couple of agencies (luckily they had Indian agents), I got to understand that if one is in Canada, its much easier to get a job than from India.

But all things said, if luck favours you might get the offer while in india as well. !!!
Hope it helps.

ishanbhat455

Feb 1, 2012
sharat_joshi77 said:
Ishan,
I am also trying out similar search.
Its tough to get thru if one is in India. I tried registering in some sites, but they want Canada address and phone number.
However, after talking to couple of agencies (luckily they had Indian agents), I got to understand that if one is in Canada, its much easier to get a job than from India.

But all things said, if luck favours you might get the offer while in india as well. !!!
Hope it helps.
Hi Sharat,

Thanks for your reply. So you are already in Canada? How is your job search going on in Canada?

Regards,
Ishan