+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody celebrating 14 months with no test invite today?

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I am in the same boat as you, my application was delivered on October 16th, 2017. No test invite yet. As of now, I have already contacted my MP more than four times, contacted the ministry, used the webform, but with no luck. Here is the reality of the situation as I learned it from someone I knew who worked there and quit recently:

In some cases where your application is considered non-routine (primarily when they ask for fingerprints or extra background checks), you start following a different route in the processing. Sometimes the response for a background check is delayed at a third party, which they have no control of. At other times they simply place a note on your file saying they will come back to it in few months to check what the status is, and in other less likely situations it's the agent's fault (laziness, lack of organization, etc). Bottom line is there is no way for you to know what the heck is happening to your application because of lack of transparency. What drives me nuts sometimes is that many people I personally know, with much more complicated backgrounds, received their citizenship in less than 5 months. So is there a criteria for this delay with others like us? I really don't know.

Frustrating, annoying, makes you impatient, but at the end of the day all we can do is wait and keep contacting the MP and the IRCC support.

Best of luck for all of us still waiting.

osis

Jun 29, 2012
Same here.. The only difference is that I did my test back in Feb and I am also hitting 14 months in a couple of days..still in process
@sarafandee @itsmyid you guys are also from Iran?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I am in the same boat as you, my application was delivered on October 16th, 2017. No test invite yet. As of now, I have already contacted my MP more than four times, contacted the ministry, used the webform, but with no luck. Here is the reality of the situation as I learned it from someone I knew who worked there and quit recently:

In some cases where your application is considered non-routine (primarily when they ask for fingerprints or extra background checks), you start following a different route in the processing. Sometimes the response for a background check is delayed at a third party, which they have no control of. At other times they simply place a note on your file saying they will come back to it in few months to check what the status is, and in other less likely situations it's the agent's fault (laziness, lack of organization, etc). Bottom line is there is no way for you to know what the heck is happening to your application because of lack of transparency. What drives me nuts sometimes is that many people I personally know, with much more complicated backgrounds, received their citizenship in less than 5 months. So is there a criteria for this delay with others like us? I really don't know.

Frustrating, annoying, makes you impatient, but at the end of the day all we can do is wait and keep contacting the MP and the IRCC support.

Best of luck for all of us still waiting.
No finger print request for me... My coworker who did get finger print request ( and applied around the same time as I did) already had his oath 2 weeks ago
My background check (criminal and security) were completed in June, nothing happened to my app after that until 5 weeks ago when they transferred it to Scarborough, and nothing again

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Same here.. The only difference is that I did my test back in Feb and I am also hitting 14 months in a couple of days..still in process
@sarafandee @itsmyid you guys are also from Iran?
Lebanon, but it doesn't matter as much apparently because I know a couple of Iranians and middle easterners who received it already.

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Threads like this stresses me out even more. Don't get me wrong, this is very helpful information and I'm sorry that you guys are going through this. I applied in Nov2018 and of course still waiting for AOR.. it's just stressful when there's no guarantee on how the whole process will go.. I gave them as much information as I could especially I was outside Canada for about 700 days as PR - my 3yrs inside is continuous though. Ugh good luck everyone! Hope you receive good news soon..

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
this is what happens when you got an incompetent minister at the department.
In the name of diversity ofcourse so nobody can say anything.
The Conservative Ministers were much more better than these Liberals