Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
do mind telling what is cic's email to send an inquiry
Im very stressed right now-
i applied for TRV on nov/02 and got approval on nov/08
sent my passport on nov/09
Im leaving country by nov/21 i have a pre booked flight
what can i do to make sure that i will get my passport back before Nov/21
if there is anything anyone can suggest? ?
I just picked up my passport! They gave me multiple entry for 10 years. Good luck to you as well!

nash22

Nov 8, 2018

you have to go to their official webpage where you log into your GIC account. There you will see option contact us and when you click that option go to Submit a case specific enquiry. There you can state your concern about your passport. I wrote that my trip is approaching near and I'm worried I may not be able to get my passport in time and I attached my flight itenary with the enquiry. So I suggest you to attach a copy of your pre booked flight and explain that it is non refundable and you are worried whether you will be able to take the trip on time or not. I think the office is closed today on Remembrance day. They will reply to your enquiry if your case processing is outside the normal time. Hope this helps

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
you have to go to their official webpage where you log into your GIC account. There you will see option contact us and when you click that option go to Submit a case specific enquiry. There you can state your concern about your passport. I wrote that my trip is approaching near and I'm worried I may not be able to get my passport in time and I attached my flight itenary with the enquiry. So I suggest you to attach a copy of your pre booked flight and explain that it is non refundable and you are worried whether you will be able to take the trip on time or not. I think the office is closed today on Remembrance day. They will reply to your enquiry if your case processing is outside the normal time. Hope this helps
thank you so much for your help

hdhelp

Nov 11, 2018
Your return tracker should be activated anytime this week usually consider 5 days after approval so 9nov + 5 working days

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hi my counterfoil visa just updated on cic with document number
can u tell me your experience how long it takes to get passport back after that update? plz
my flight is on nov/21 and im so stressed right now

hdhelp

Nov 11, 2018
Hi my counterfoil visa just updated on cic with document number
can u tell me your experience how long it takes to get passport back after that update? plz
my flight is on nov/21 and im so stressed right now
5 to 10 days from your countetfoul visa update on cic with document number
You should get your passport earliest in 5 days from update date maximum 10 days
Good luck

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
You may want to send them an inquiry, i attached my flight itinerary on my inquiry email.
Hi,, how can I send an inquiry to ask them to speed up my process? My study permit extension has been approved 14 days ago, and I still haven' t received it.

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
I have submitted an TRV application on Oct 10. No update until now. I called them and they told that the background check launched on Oct 11. I can do nothing but wait. I am so confused that why the background check took that long for a student. Does anyone have the similar situation?

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
I have submitted an TRV application on Oct 10. No update until now. I called them and they told that the background check launched on Oct 11. I can do nothing but wait. I am so confused that why the background check took that long for a student. Does anyone have the similar situation?
Hi, I'm sorry to ask but where are you from? Thanks in advance.