+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any ways round the long waiting times for visas...?

helen161025

Jun 29, 2006
Hi there --- Im sure you get asked this all the time, but are there any ways around simply waiting for 2 years to see if your even going to get there..?
We are a british family , and my husband definitely qualifies under the skilled worker catagory points wise at least.
I guess what I am trying to find out out is " , is it possible to come to Canada on a visit visa with the family and start to live ,whilst obtaining a job offer then , applying for a work permit and beginning to live and once working apply for permanent residence whilst your there ?"
I know this is risky , but we have thought about it for so long I want to emmigrate badly , we love Canada , but are put off by the waiting times when we can simply move within Europe relatively easy .Stating the Obvious there I know .
We would however love to go to Canada , any body have any other information other than submit the forms and hang fire for 18 months +....?

Jun 29, 2006
I may have some insight on this one... the better the quality of your submission, and the paperwork that accompanies it, the shorter the processing time and the better the odds of an interview waiver... use an honorable Canadian firm to handle your application, be prepared to submit extensive and detailed documentation, try to turn it around as soon as is requested, prove that you are really interested to immigrate to Canada (take French lessons; take the IELTS test); there is no better day to start with your application process than today... time goes by fast, at least our 3 years went fast!!! Good luck and God bless... :)

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia
helen161025 said:
Hi there --- Im sure you get asked this all the time, but are there any ways around simply waiting for 2 years to see if your even going to get there..?
We are a british family , and my husband definitely qualifies under the skilled worker catagory points wise at least.
I guess what I am trying to find out out is " , is it possible to come to Canada on a visit visa with the family and start to live ,whilst obtaining a job offer then , applying for a work permit and beginning to live and once working apply for permanent residence whilst your there ?"
I know this is risky , but we have thought about it for so long I want to emmigrate badly , we love Canada , but are put off by the waiting times when we can simply move within Europe relatively easy .Stating the Obvious there I know .
We would however love to go to Canada , any body have any other information other than submit the forms and hang fire for 18 months +....?
If your husband got a job offer from a Canadian employer then he may qualify for provincial nominee - this is a drastically reduced waiting period for PR. Provinces like Nova Scotia can get you PR status within a year. But to do this you have to have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. This isn't as easy as it sounds...!!!!!

To do this you would need to come here and convince an employer that you were willing to settle here and apply for PR. Then the employer would have to prove that no existing PR's or citizens were suitable for the job you were going for. Then you would have to apply for a work permit, then you would have to apply for the provincial nominee program and be accepted. This all takes time - perhaps several months.

Check the CIC website for details on the provincial nominee program.