+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any way to immigrate self employed to New Brunswick?

rexbass24

May 20, 2015
My boss is an American citizen living in the Philippines for over a decade now and has his own family with a local Philippine girl there. They wish to leave there and raise their family this side of the pond. Being as I am in New Brunswick, he wishes to see about moving here, too. He co-owns his own company (the one I work for) with an American partner and he works from home as a web developer and coder. His management and duties with the company are 100% portable. What type of application could he and his family qualify under to immigrate and start their lives here? Since he already has a steady (and healthy) income to support his family here, would he be required to provide a large deposit still?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Self-employment is not eligible for New Brunswick PNP
http://www.canadavisa.com/eligibility-requirements-for-the-new-brunswick-provincial-nominee-program-nb-pnp.html

Has he looked at FSW/EE, etc?

rexbass24

May 20, 2015
Thanks Lammawitch,

FSW/EE would be pointless for him as he'd have to give up his company (where he takes home as much as a lawyer does) and take a lesser paying job. I wonder if his common-law wife would be able to apply for FSW/EE and bring him along as her spouse or he could enter under visitors visa and keep renewing while she gets her citizenship over time.. or would him working remotely for his company disqualify him? I find it silly that they wouldn't want a business owner in Canada, you'd think the government would enjoy that tax base he'd be bringing with him. hmmmm

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rexbass24 said:
Thanks Lammawitch,

FSW/EE would be pointless for him as he'd have to give up his company (where he takes home as much as a lawyer does) and take a lesser paying job. I wonder if his common-law wife would be able to apply for FSW/EE and bring him along as her spouse or he could enter under visitors visa and keep renewing while she gets her citizenship over time.. or would him working remotely for his company disqualify him? I find it silly that they wouldn't want a business owner in Canada, you'd think the government would enjoy that tax base he'd be bringing with him. hmmmm
FYI - He can't work for the company remotely from Canada as a visitor if the company has any operations in Canada, does business for/with anyone in Canada or has clients/customers in Canada. If his common law partner qualifies to applied, he would be included as a dependent and obtain PR along with her.

rexbass24

May 20, 2015
Thanks scylla, that's what I thought too. We do have a payroll setup for me in Canada so they do have a canadian GST# and operation here for that sole fact, so I figured that would disqualify him.