+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY way to extend landing letter expiration date?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
My family and I recently completed the permanent residency application process under PnP.
All of us except one dependent has now landed.

The last dependent is away at university outside Canada and unable to land before the letter expires.

Does anyone know if there is any way to extend the expiration date of their letter of landing?

Has anyone ever heard of this being done...... ever?

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hfinkel said:
My family and I recently completed the permanent residency application process under PnP.

The last dependent is away at university outside Canada and unable to land before the letter expires.

Does anyone know if there is any way to extend the expiration date of their letter of landing?

Thanks.
As far as I am aware, it has only been done when there is fault within the issuing visa office. I have not heard of there being an extension at the request of the applicant. The letter that comes with the COPR clearly states, paraphrased, "Use it, or lose it".

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
hfinkel said:

Thanks.

Hi! Im waiting for my PR under PNP, my husband is in another country and my daughter who is 15 yrs old is also in another country..When I do my landing, Does they need to come here in canada to do the landing too since im the principal applicant?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
tinacraigg said:
Hi! Im waiting for my PR under PNP, my husband is in another country and my daughter who is 15 yrs old is also in another country..When I do my landing, Does they need to come here in canada to do the landing too since im the principal applicant?
You, as the principal applicant, have to land before or at the same time as your dependants. Once you have landed, they can each land in Canada at their leisure. Just as long as their COPR is not expired.

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
zardoz said:
You, as the principal applicant, have to land before or at the same time as your dependants. Once you have landed, they can each land in Canada at their leisure. Just as long as their COPR is not expired.
Thanks zardoZ! Im so worried about them coming here first before we can do the landing since they're in different countries right now..cheers!