+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any way to delete a form?

AllanD

Jun 4, 2021
I'm in the process of submitting a sponsorship for my spouse. When filling out the forms we inadertently completed a 5406 (family information) for both her and me. I am a Canadian citizen so it would appear that even though I am her spouse the form does not apply to me and should not be filled out. But I cannot figure out how to delete the form. The web page says go to profile page and delete the spouse from there but because I am Canadian I was never added and do not appear on her profile page. Any ideas?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I'm in the process of submitting a sponsorship for my spouse. When filling out the forms we inadertently completed a 5406 (family information) for both her and me. I am a Canadian citizen so it would appear that even though I am her spouse the form does not apply to me and should not be filled out. But I cannot figure out how to delete the form. The web page says go to profile page and delete the spouse from there but because I am Canadian I was never added and do not appear on her profile page. Any ideas?
We came across same issue last year. All I could figure out to do was, in a letter of explanation, write:

"... our application seems to include form IMM 5562 - Supplementary Information - Your Travels.

I opened it, then realized we don’t need it. I could find no way to delete it, so it’s simply a blank form. I am sorry for the error."

My wife's application is still in process 10 months later, so we don't know yet if that egregious error will result in denial of her application.

P.S.: Did you ever get what you found to be a satisfactory answer to your question here a couple of years back about abandoning a child?

Last edited:

AllanD

Jun 4, 2021
Thanks. I feel your pain and hope that the wait will be over soon.

As for the older question in the other thread ... no, I never got anything beyond what was posted in that thread.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Thanks. I feel your pain and hope that the wait will be over soon.

As for the older question in the other thread ... no, I never got anything beyond what was posted in that thread.
Well, probably it's no longer an issue, but looking back, I think @canuck78 best understood your question and gave the best answer, prior to your thread being somewhat derailed by livinginCanada2016.

There is no "official" Canadian website or page declaring that thou shalt not abandon your children. It would be difficult for Canada to enforce such an edict in a foreign jurisdiction. Other than what you might tell the IRCC, how can they know what are the real arrangements you have in place for the children?

I am representative for my wife's sister. She is applying for PR. She has kids, who have had no relationship with their father for some years. She has shown them on her PR application as non-accompanying. So, they had medical exams when she did. But she has not been asked: "Because your children are non-accompanying, are you abandoning them?" If her application is approved, and she arrives in Canada, and decides to abandon the children, how will Canada know about it and what can Canada do about it? Not much.

In the case of sister, she intends to bring them to Canada, once settled herself. She will then have to obtain the consent of the biological father, which I gather she can obtain. If she could not, I would expect she could obtain a court order dispensing with consent.