+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any visitor from pakistan

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for my mother's temporary vistor visa and got passport request. This is the 2nd time i applied her visa 1st was back in 2016(also approved). For the new application I paid biometric fees again in order to get a 10 year visa. However they didn't ask for biometric can i still take the letter to gerry's and ask them to do the visa again?
I have the exact same issue. Would you mind sharing if your mother got the visa till expiry of passport or till 2026.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Again. I read on this forum that for the new portal of TRV, the photo of the applicant is not required, is this correct? Generally, every application category require jpeg photo of the applicant.
Correct. Photo of the applicant is not required when applying from new portal. My mother submitted her passport and they didn't needed photos as its already taken while giving biometrics.

Summer50

May 6, 2018
Correct. Photo of the applicant is not required when applying from new portal. My mother submitted her passport and they didn't needed photos as its already taken while giving biometrics.
Thanks for your reply! For my mother, it would be her first time applying for Canada visa. So you are saying that VFS will take her photo when she goes for her biometrics? Or the photo is not taken at all at any stage of the application?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for your reply! For my mother, it would be her first time applying for Canada visa. So you are saying that VFS will take her photo when she goes for her biometrics? Or the photo is not taken at all at any stage of the application?
A photo is taken during the biometrics. They don't require photos during passport submission.

Reactions: Summer50

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hi everyone i would like to share my parent's timeline
Applied 23 November
Biometric 30 November
Eligibility start 06 January
Decision 17 February
Passport sent 27 February
Visa stamped 4th March and 9th march

4th march my father account got updated and on 9th March my mother account got updated

Reactions: canadian321

Akmam Khan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
Hi everyone i would like to share my parent's timeline
Applied 23 November
Biometric 30 November
Eligibility start 06 January
Decision 17 February
Passport sent 27 February
Visa stamped 4th March and 9th march

4th march my father account got updated and on 9th March my mother account got updated
Which visa office was this

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
what documents did you submitted in complete?
Nothing much , my bank statement, paytub wife's paystub, bank statement . Invitation letter and sop

Aquarius93

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everyone,
I applied for my parents visit visa twice in 2016-17 and it got rejected both times. Now i want to call my mom again in October to celebrate the birth of my child. (The only difference is I had landed just a year ago at tht time and was applying for both my parents) This time i m applying just for my mom as I need her support with an older kid at home and we dont hv any family here. Is there any hope? Really appreciate ur help.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied for my parents visit visa twice in 2016-17 and it got rejected both times. Now i want to call my mom again in October to celebrate the birth of my child. (The only difference is I had landed just a year ago at tht time and was applying for both my parents) This time i m applying just for my mom as I need her support with an older kid at home and we dont hv any family here. Is there any hope? Really appreciate ur help.
you can definitely reapply and don’t cite the reason that she is coming to look after the older child/support you, just mention that u want to reunite and she hasn’t ever met your second born…if you mention that she is coming to take care of your first born then definitely its a red flag that she is taking away someone’s job in canada!

make sure you show enough funds(in her account if applying for visitor visa n in yours if applying for super visa), properties in her bank, stress that your dad will not be accompanying, if she has job there its details etc, also if applying for visitor visa, just show the duration of visit in weeks(say3-4) and not in months(it’ll be a red flag again)

many who had previous rejection have successfully got approved this time..all the best to you too:)

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
you can definitely reapply and don’t cite the reason that she is coming to look after the older child/support you, just mention that u want to reunite and she hasn’t ever met your second born…if you mention that she is coming to take care of your first born then definitely its a red flag that she is taking away someone’s job in canada!

make sure you show enough funds(in her account if applying for visitor visa n in yours if applying for super visa), properties in her bank, stress that your dad will not be accompanying, if she has job there its details etc, also if applying for visitor visa, just show the duration of visit in weeks(say3-4) and not in months(it’ll be a red flag again)

many who had previous rejection have successfully got approved this time..all the best to you too:)
*properties in her name and deposits in bank

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks a lot for ur detailed reply. How much funds should we show in her bank account for 3 weeks, 5000 cad?
we showed 15k for 3 weeks,plus there was another 60k cad in fixed deposits…remember when they ask how much funds you have for your stay it includes to n fro flight tickets n other expenses ( ircc officials are checking, if there happens to be any conflicts btwn the family members while on stay in canada, the visitor will have her own funds to manage herself and also to go back, there has been many cases where the visitor ended up in canada n no means to go back)

Reactions: Aquarius93

Aquarius93

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississauga
we showed 15k for 3 weeks,plus there was another 60k cad in fixed deposits…remember when they ask how much funds you have for your stay it includes to n fro flight tickets n other expenses ( ircc officials are checking, if there happens to be any conflicts btwn the family members while on stay in canada, the visitor will have her own funds to manage herself and also to go back, there has been many cases where the visitor ended up in canada n no means to go back)
Really appreciate ur help :)

Reactions: canadian321