+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any visa-exempt applicants asked to send passport copies before CoPR?

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
Hi

I am from Hong Kong and visa-exempt but received passport request last week. (probably they thought I am holding China passport)

After sending email to CPC-Ottawa for clarification, they replied that I don't have to send passport, but send photocopies instead.

Yesterday I received another email with the details:

1. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family
members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix A.
2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and each accompanying family
member.
3. A photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of your passport and of the passport(s) of your
accompanying spouse and dependent children to our office.

Is it a common practice?
I searched the forum, some applicants from visa-exempt countries back in 2013 received the same request, but seems not any more?

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
hkcec said:
Hi

I am from Hong Kong and visa-exempt but received passport request last week. (probably they thought I am holding China passport)

After sending email to CPC-Ottawa for clarification, they replied that I don't have to send passport, but send photocopies instead.

Yesterday I received another email with the details:

1. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family
members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix A.
2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and each accompanying family
member.
3. A photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of your passport and of the passport(s) of your
accompanying spouse and dependent children to our office.

Is it a common practice?
I searched the forum, some applicants from visa-exempt countries back in 2013 received the same request, but seems not any more?
My friend apply under EE and she got this email. Sounds right just send what they want.