+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any speed in Processing normal applications ?

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Hello there ,

Do you guys see any speed increases in processing citizenship application? Please post the latest trends happening in this post.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Please someone reply ......

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Folks,

Any emerging trends ? or same old 25 months story ? :D

CET213

Sep 22, 2011
pkakula said:
Hello there ,

Do you guys see any speed increases in processing citizenship application? Please post the latest trends happening in this post.
You can check Feb 2013 & Apr 2013 threads. They have some movements.

I think some guys from Windsor got their oath in 7 to 8 months. Also I believe Mississauga visa office is pretty fast for routine application compare to other GTA offices.

However it depends on person to person. I think when we compare timeline we should account all factors such as absence, travel, unemployment, work permit or PR from other country, family ties, visa office and last not least visa officer

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
CET213 said:
You can check Feb 2013 & Apr 2013 threads. They have some movements.

I think some guys from Windsor got their oath in 7 to 8 months. Also I believe Mississauga visa office is pretty fast for routine application compare to other GTA offices.

However it depends on person to person. I think when we compare timeline we should account all factors such as absence, travel, unemployment, work permit or PR from other country, family ties, visa office and last not least visa officer
Unemployment would be a matter to them ? or would it cause an issue in the application and delay the process ?

CET213

Sep 22, 2011
pkakula said:
Unemployment would be a matter to them ? or would it cause an issue in the application and delay the process ?
No one knows what factors can delay process. However someone has posted RQ Risk Indicators sometimes ago. These indicators are reflecting to last year OB 407, I believe someone was talking about that it has been updated.

RQ Risk Indicators

Applicant Characteristics:
A1 – Use of a suspect residential address.
A2 – NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.
A3 – Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.
A4 – Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.
A5 – Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
A6 – Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.
A7 – Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.
Family Characteristics:
B1 – Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.
B2 – A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.
Documents
C1 – ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C2 – Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.
C3 – Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.
C4 – NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
CET213 said:
No one knows what factors can delay process. However someone has posted RQ Risk Indicators sometimes ago. These indicators are reflecting to last year OB 407, I believe someone was talking about that it has been updated.

RQ Risk Indicators

A3 – Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.
A4 – Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.
A5 – Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.
A6 – Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.
A7 – Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.
Family Characteristics:
Documents
C1 – ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.
C3 – Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.
C4 – NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.
Thank you for letting us know .

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
CET213 said:

RQ Risk Indicators

Family Characteristics:
Documents

"Unemployed with any travel" not simply unemployed....as long as you are in canada and unemployed then that should be fine ......

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula, there may be speed ups and slow downs at the same time as it mostly depends on a concrete local office.

For instance, there's speed up in Montreal office now, at least the times to test/interview are noticeably shrinking now, which is an important speed up. I think that's because number of full-time judges was increased from 2 to 5 in Q2-2013. You can see indications of that in reports and a Montreal timelines table which I try to maintain.

At the same time, seems BC and Alberta offices have been slowing down for some time, converting them from ones of the fastest to probably the slower ones. You can see that from edmonton2011's spreadsheet-- very few people from mid-last year have even been scheduled for their tests.

So, your question would be more relevant related to a concrete local office.

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
I do not see any improvement from my side. I believe that the reported finalized cases as exceptions here.

In fact, I found that there is another (hidden) date for processing. You can only get it if you check the e-CAS using the information of your minor dependent (if you had applied as family).

They started processing my case last week, almost one year from the time of recipient. I also found that my file is still at Sydney.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
EasyRider said:
pkakula, there may be speed ups and slow downs at the same time as it mostly depends on a concrete local office.

For instance, there's speed up in Montreal office now, at least the times to test/interview are noticeably shrinking now, which is an important speed up. I think that's because number of full-time judges was increased from 2 to 5 in Q2-2013. You can see indications of that in reports and a Montreal timelines table which I try to maintain.

At the same time, seems BC and Alberta offices have been slowing down for some time, converting them from ones of the fastest to probably the slower ones. You can see that from edmonton2011's spreadsheet-- very few people from mid-last year have even been scheduled for their tests.

So, your question would be more relevant related to a concrete local office.

Thank you Easy Rider for Insights .