+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any refugee/landed immigrant successfully applied for Citizenship recently?

getmyccasap

Aug 1, 2018
I would like to know what you answered in 9b)
During your eligibility, did you have Temporary Resident or Protected Person status in Canada before becoming a PR?
A protected person is a person who:
  • was found to be in need of protection or a convention refugee by the Immigration and Refugee Board or
  • a person who received a positive decision on a Pre-Removal Risk from IRCC
NOTE:If you made a refugee claim, or were included on a family members refugee claim, you will not be accredited time in Canada from the date of the claim until you received a positive decision confirming that you are a protected person as described above.
"""""""""""""""""""""""'

Do you have any tips for successfully applying for citizenship?
I haven't left the country since I came here.

I got CoPR when I stepped in Canada in Toronto where my flight stopped and I talked to some officials who looked at the documents I had, and gave me the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Does that mean I was not a protected person in Canada?

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It sounds like you landed in Canada as part of relocation program or sponsorship for refugees. You were always Permanent Resident in Canada, so you should answer this question as "No". Just count the days you have lived in Canada since you came here, because when you arrived you were granted permanent residency immediately you never had protected status in Canada. Protected Person status is for those who apply for refugee status and receive positive decision from the IRB while living in Canada

getmyccasap

Aug 1, 2018
It sounds like you landed in Canada as part of relocation program or sponsorship for refugees. You were always Permanent Resident in Canada, so you should answer this question as "No". Just count the days you have lived in Canada since you came here, because when you arrived you were granted permanent residency immediately you never had protected status in Canada. Protected Person status is for those who apply for refugee status and receive positive decision from the IRB while living in Canada
Thank you so much. I was really confused about it.