+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Ray Of Hope ?

Divya99

Jul 8, 2020
Please provide the solution, I am Diploma Student i failed in 3 courses in my last smester in December 19 unable to attend the courses in January 20 and May 20 due to Financial Problems, I have lost the status as student i have failed to restore the status 7 days passed for that ? I want to complete my backlog and get the PGWP. Can any one provide the solution or refer any expert, i have consulted the Immigration expert he said that i should go for Study Permit application along with TRP. But the fee of Lawyer is Too much which i cannot afford. Please suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please provide the solution, I am Diploma Student i failed in 3 courses in my last smester in December 19 unable to attend the courses in January 20 and May 20 due to Financial Problems, I have lost the status as student i have failed to restore the status 7 days passed for that ? I want to complete my backlog and get the PGWP. Can any one provide the solution or refer any expert, i have consulted the Immigration expert he said that i should go for Study Permit application along with TRP. But the fee of Lawyer is Too much which i cannot afford. Please suggest.
Unfortunately you have many issues going on. It isn’t that simple to return to studying and Finish your 3 courses and qualify for PGWP. Have you spoken with your family about your situation. How have you Ben living if you didn’t have the funds to attend school. Where you also working while not attending school?

Divya99

Jul 8, 2020
Unfortunately you have many issues going on. It isn’t that simple to return to studying and Finish your 3 courses and qualify for PGWP. Have you spoken with your family about your situation. How have you Ben living if you didn’t have the funds to attend school. Where you also working while not attending school?
No have have not worked after my study permit expired I have been living with my freinds who have supported me in the situation of corona, Yes now i have told my family, they will help me financially now for further processing of my file and college but i don't know what to do now. Please provide the Pathway.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No have have not worked after my study permit expired I have been living with my freinds who have supported me in the situation of corona, Yes now i have told my family, they will help me financially now for further processing of my file and college but i don't know what to do now. Please provide the Pathway.
You had to stop working when you stopped studying full-time which seems to be December.

You need to hire an immigration lawyer and speak to yiur family.

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
1) Have you also passed 90 days limit to restore the status?

2) If yes, Best bet will be to send the web form to clients' support centre or call them.
Link to contact clients support centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

3) Hire the lawyer only if the client's support centre doesn't provide you with any solution.

4) Possible Solution:
a) Apply for study permit along with the letter of acceptance from the university.
b) Apply to restore the TRV
c) Must Attach the letter of explanation of how covid and financial stress pushed you into this situation and explain your further study plans. Your letter should be convincing so that officer can grant you permit.

Divya99

Jul 8, 2020
1) Have you also passed 90 days limit to restore the status?

2) If yes, Best bet will be to send the web form to clients' support centre or call them.
Link to contact clients support centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

3) Hire the lawyer only if the client's support centre doesn't provide you with any solution.

4) Possible Solution:
a) Apply for study permit along with the letter of acceptance from the university.
b) Apply to restore the TRV
c) Must Attach the letter of explanation of how covid and financial stress pushed you into this situation and explain your further study plans. Your letter should be convincing so that officer can grant you permit.
Thanks Harjas,
Yes 90 days have passed to restore the status but as the Govt. has extended the time period to December 2020 for Restoration of status i have applied for Restoration of status and study permit extention explaining the situation due to Covid along with the restoration letter from college, Enrolment letter, and the letter for my good record from College and Employer with whom i was working part time.

Divya99

Jul 8, 2020
to get PGWP you will need to find a new program as you have already violated the full time status for your past program
Thanks For Your Response
My Lawyer said that this is not a problem UNLESS you have not worked more than 20 hrs, he said we will have to explain the situation while applying for PGWP. He said Immigration can reduce the PGWP duration as I was enrolled in 3 yr. program.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks For Your Response
My Lawyer said that this is not a problem UNLESS you have not worked more than 20 hrs, he said we will have to explain the situation while applying for PGWP. He said Immigration can reduce the PGWP duration as I was enrolled in 3 yr. program.
Your "lawyer" is wrong. You're not eligible for a PGWP with unauthorized gaps, regardless of how little you may have worked. Remember, you haven't been allowed to work since December.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thanks For Your Response
Are you sure this is a lawyer and not a consultant? Because it is clearly stated in the Canada Govt. website that besides your last semester you have to be full time and continuously as a student. The only exception to this is you have a serious medical injury, death of an immediate family member, etc (and even then, its up to the officer) I do not think this applies in your case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks For Your Response
Lawyer is wrong. Your studies have to be continuous in order for you to qualify for a PGWP. Strongly recommend that you start a brand new program once your study permit is restored. Good luck and hope things work out.

Divya99

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks Guys, For You Valuable Suggestions no matter Positive Or Negative, My Study Permit Restotration Was Approved in August-20 and my studies are going on. Will also succeed in PGWP. Thank U Very Much