+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any question on OOPNP.. I will try to answer

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have received an invite to apply from Ontario province, i have prepared my file, now the agent i am using is saying that i need to have my birth certificate as mandatory document for Ontario pnp. I have given him my 10th certificate, passport copy and school age certificate as proof of age. i do not have my birth certificate coz they were not issued before 1990 in India. He is saying that i need to get a letter from municipal corporation where i was born that they dont have any records of my birth and what ever i am stating is true.

He is also saying that if i apply without the birth certificate i may loose my cad 1500 fee, i need to check if this is correct information and has anyone else also faced this issue

a quick response is appreciate as i have limited time left before my 45 days to apply expire

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
IOS9.2 said:
Hi Guys,

I have received an invite to apply from Ontario province, i have prepared my file, now the agent i am using is saying that i need to have my birth certificate as mandatory document for Ontario pnp. I have given him my 10th certificate, passport copy and school age certificate as proof of age. i do not have my birth certificate coz they were not issued before 1990 in India. He is saying that i need to get a letter from municipal corporation where i was born that they dont have any records of my birth and what ever i am stating is true.

He is also saying that if i apply without the birth certificate i may loose my cad 1500 fee, i need to check if this is correct information and has anyone else also faced this issue

a quick response is appreciate as i have limited time left before my 45 days to apply expire
I applied without my birth certificate, using my passport as my proof of birth, and had no issues with the application process. I added a note in my cover letter- I am copying/pasting it here, so you may add it to your own application, should you wish to:

"You will find copies of all requested documents (except for when the original was requested) herein. Please note that I was unable to procure a copy of my birth certificate at this time- since the original had to be submitted to my school back in India at the time of my application, and since I had limited time in which to complete and send this packet to you owing to the 45 day deadline, it was impossible to be able to get the birth certificate in time. Nevertheless, I hope that my passport, which contains my date and place of birth, and which has been used extensively for travel to other countries, including the United States, will suffice in this case. It may be noted that production of original birth certificate is mandatory to acquire a passport in India. However, I should be able to provide a copy of my birth certificate in the next 30 days, if necessary."

They never did ask me to submit the birth certificate after that, and I ended up getting a nomination from them anyway.

Hope this all helps.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Aragorn165 said:
I applied without my birth certificate, using my passport as my proof of birth, and had no issues with the application process. I added a note in my cover letter- I am copying/pasting it here, so you may add it to your own application, should you wish to:

"You will find copies of all requested documents (except for when the original was requested) herein. Please note that I was unable to procure a copy of my birth certificate at this time- since the original had to be submitted to my school back in India at the time of my application, and since I had limited time in which to complete and send this packet to you owing to the 45 day deadline, it was impossible to be able to get the birth certificate in time. Nevertheless, I hope that my passport, which contains my date and place of birth, and which has been used extensively for travel to other countries, including the United States, will suffice in this case. It may be noted that production of original birth certificate is mandatory to acquire a passport in India. However, I should be able to provide a copy of my birth certificate in the next 30 days, if necessary."

They never did ask me to submit the birth certificate after that, and I ended up getting a nomination from them anyway.

Hope this all helps.
Anyway its not a mandatory document anymore...especially for Indians born in 70s and 80s... CIC as well as OINP knows that in india 10th Certificate is used as a proof for DoB.
What anyone can do is produce an affidavit (if procuring a BC is impractical and very cumbersome) to confirm the DoB from a Lawyer signed by both parents with their identity notarized.

Hope this helps!

diabolical

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
rafzy said:
Guys,

If anybody have questions regarding OOPNP application form filling and documentation. I will be happy to help.
Just drop your questions here.

Cheers.
Hello Rafzy sir,

I'm Ashish Bansal (age 24) from india. I'm interested for permanent residency of Canada.Currently i'm a CA student in my country which qualifies me under NOC 1111.I'm getting around 420 points under the CRS. I have a few queries about the OINP

I read about the ontario nomination program that if you score around 400 points you can get a nomination from the province of ontario which gives you another 600 points. My question is, is it 100% confirmed that you recieve a nomination or are there doubts for the same.? My ielts score is max i.e CLB 10. Should i still try even if i dont get a nomination as my maximum points are 420..??

I have put my study visa on hold for this

Please help me

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
diabolical said:
Hello Rafzy sir,

I'm Ashish Bansal (age 24) from india. I'm interested for permanent residency of Canada.Currently i'm a CA student in my country which qualifies me under NOC 1111.I'm getting around 420 points under the CRS. I have a few queries about the OINP

I read about the ontario nomination program that if you score around 400 points you can get a nomination from the province of ontario which gives you another 600 points. My question is, is it 100% confirmed that you recieve a nomination or are there doubts for the same.? My ielts score is max i.e CLB 10. Should i still try even if i dont get a nomination as my maximum points are 420..??

I have put my study visa on hold for this

Please help me
you should definitely give OINP a try and hope that you get it.
Getting PT from OINP is not a guarantee that you will get nomination. However after getting AOR, chances are 80% that you'll definitely get nomination.

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Are any specific nocs for the oopnp or anybody with 400+ can apply

denzelwams

Jan 10, 2016
Hi All,

I just joined this forum upon recommendation of my friend. I want to start the process and will like to move to Canada next year December 2017. Which route will be ideal for me.. Can some one advise on how to go about credential evaluation?

Thanks,

denzelwams

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
denzelwams said:
Hi All,

I just joined this forum upon recommendation of my friend. I want to start the process and will like to move to Canada next year December 2017. Which route will be ideal for me.. Can some one advise on how to go about credential evaluation?

Thanks,

denzelwams
Step 1: Get your English and/or French language test done (Common providers include CELPIP, IETLS, etc.)

Step 2: Get your Educational Credentials Evaluated (Common providers include WES, University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, etc.)
Process: You send in a color legible copy of your degree to the provider, and organize for your University to send legible copies of your transcripts to the provider. The provider will match the documents, do the Evaluation and get back to you with a 'Canadian Equivalency Assessment'

Step 3: Use the 'Come To Canada Tool' to see if you qualify for immigration (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp)
Note: Complete Step 1 and 2 first

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Dimitris said:
Are any specific nocs for the oopnp or anybody with 400+ can apply
You cannot directly apply to OINP without first getting an invite from ontario to apply for OINP.

You have to make your EE profile and maintain 400+ CRS points and you can hope to get a PT from Ontario.

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey rafzy,

Please add us to the whatsapp group.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hongtam2629 said:
Hi rafzy,

Did you submit the original IELTS and WES report or just a copy one?
Submit only copies

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
hongtam2629 said:
Hi rafzy,

Did you submit the original IELTS and WES report or just a copy one?
Just copies are ok with your application.
OINP will ask for your ECA original to be sent directly to them later during the processing of your application after you have been issued AOR.

hbuttar25

Jan 11, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
Hi Rafzy,

How to apply for OINP yourself, without waiting for Ontario to see or check your profile?
Can we do that by filling some application form or something?
I have 406 CRS and am eligible under that stream. I have made my EE profile on 7th January 2016.
Or should I just wait and do nothing?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hbuttar25 said:
Hi Rafzy,

How to apply for OINP yourself, without waiting for Ontario to see or check your profile?
Can we do that by filling some application form or something?
I have 406 CRS and am eligible under that stream. I have made my EE profile on 7th January 2016.
Or should I just wait and do nothing?

Thanks.
You cannot apply unless you receive a PT from Ontario. If you have not yet received a PT, you can consider re-creating your profile. Good luck and all the very best!