+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any question on OOPNP.. I will try to answer

ds_maniac

Mar 2, 2015
Hey Rafzy,
I wonder if you can help me....
I have already received an AOR for my OINP application. I am currently working full time in Alberta and have applied for OINP under CEC category. I have also provided my ties to Ontario since I have done my post grad in Toronto and I also have some friends and relatives staying there.
I wanted to know when do i have to move to Ontario? Do i have to move right now before getting the oinp or do i wait for getting 600 points and then I move and apply for my EE immigration?
Since, quitting a job and moving to a diff province will take me a month.. I would like to know if you have any information on this... please
Thanks

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
ds_maniac said:
Hey Rafzy,
I wonder if you can help me....
I have already received an AOR for my OINP application. I am currently working full time in Alberta and have applied for OINP under CEC category. I have also provided my ties to Ontario since I have done my post grad in Toronto and I also have some friends and relatives staying there.
I wanted to know when do i have to move to Ontario? Do i have to move right now before getting the oinp or do i wait for getting 600 points and then I move and apply for my EE immigration?
Since, quitting a job and moving to a diff province will take me a month.. I would like to know if you have any information on this... please
Thanks
I think you should wait for your nomination before you decide to move to Ontario. This is because as per the application form, Ontario govt confirms that after getting PR, you will move to Ontario.
Since you are already working in Alberta and you have not got your PR application approved. You are not bound with Ontario Govt till then. Even if you look at your EE profile rite now, you are not eligible for Provincial Nominee Programme because you have not been nominated by any province till yet and have not been awarded extra 600 points.

So, In Summary, you are free to live and work in Alberta untill you get nominated and your PR application gets approved. After that, you are legally bound to live and work in Ontario till you get Canadian Citizenship.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
I think you should wait for your nomination before you decide to move to Ontario. This is because as per the application form, Ontario govt confirms that after getting PR, you will move to Ontario.
Since you are already working in Alberta and you have not got your PR application approved. You are not bound with Ontario Govt till then. Even if you look at your EE profile rite now, you are not eligible for Provincial Nominee Programme because you have not been nominated by any province till yet and have not been awarded extra 600 points.

So, In Summary, you are free to live and work in Alberta untill you get nominated and your PR application gets approved. After that, you are legally bound to live and work in Ontario till you get Canadian Citizenship.
Hi rafzy, what if I move to Ontario and could not find a job there? Am I able to retain my PR status? OR even when I have the PR and still stay and work at my current province (BC), are they going to revoke the nomination? which doesn't matter anymore since I already become a PR.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Hi rafzy, what if I move to Ontario and could not find a job there? Am I able to retain my PR status? OR even when I have the PR and still stay and work at my current province (BC), are they going to revoke the nomination? which doesn't matter anymore since I already become a PR.
You cannot mis-use PNP to get yourself PR status in Canada. The province can revoke its nomination even after you are granted PR Status and this might result in cancellation of your PR status.

The best would be to move in that province and if you can't find job in some time period i.e. say 1 year. Then you move to another province.

If you look at OINP/OOPNP Application, you specifically accept/declare that after you are granted PR status, you will work and live in Ontario.
This is how ever province expects you to do. Some provinces even ask you to submit a signed declaration of the same thing.

harshmaru

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rafzy,

i have created a profile in express entry and recieved PT from ontario. it says to apply with in 45 days.

I'm now confused how to apply and do i need to notify that I have started filling up the form and i am interested in OONP and sending the complete package by courier.

can you please guide me through the step by step process?? i'm at 461 points, currently in ontario

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshmaru said:
Hi Rafzy,

i have created a profile in express entry and recieved PT from ontario. it says to apply with in 45 days.

I'm now confused how to apply and do i need to notify that I have started filling up the form and i am interested in OONP and sending the complete package by courier.

can you please guide me through the step by step process?? i'm at 461 points, currently in ontario
Why would you need to apply for Ontario PNP and waste $1500 if your CRS is already 461 ?? You will definitely get your ITA in the next two rounds.

KC_Chopra

Jun 8, 2015
Hi Guys I have recreated my profile today with 441 score and 4163 NOC. Is Ontario still sending out PT's and does anybody have an idea how long they are likely to do so. Also if any feedback on this NOC. I can either apply on 4163 or 1121 whichever has the best outlook. Please reply help appreciated.

Warm Regards,
KC

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
harshmaru said:
Hi Rafzy,

You don't need to inform them about you filling up OOPNP application. Just fill the application form, attach all documents and send it on given address.
Btw... Your score is quiet good and i must say that you will definitely get an ITA in next draw.

If you ask for my personal opinion, i'll suggest you to wait for the next draw to take place and in mean while, you start preparing your OOPNP application. If you get an ITA, well enough. If you don't then your time to prepare and send your OOPNP application will be saved as you'll already be preparing your OOPNP application.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
KC_Chopra said:
Hi Guys I have recreated my profile today with 441 score and 4163 NOC. Is Ontario still sending out PT's and does anybody have an idea how long they are likely to do so. Also if any feedback on this NOC. I can either apply on 4163 or 1121 whichever has the best outlook. Please reply help appreciated.

Warm Regards,
KC
Yes. Ontario is still sending PT's. You just have to sit and wait for your PT to come.
I'll say that if you dont get a PT in 7-10 days on your current NOC i.e. 4163, then make a new EE profile with your 1121 and hope you get a PT.

Let us know when you get a PT.

KC_Chopra

Jun 8, 2015
rafzy said:
Yes. Ontario is still sending PT's. You just have to sit and wait for your PT to come.
I'll say that if you dont get a PT in 7-10 days on your current NOC i.e. 4163, then make a new EE profile with your 1121 and hope you get a PT.

Let us know when you get a PT.
Hi thank you for the reply, at the expense of sounding amtuerish...will it work if I just simply change the dropdown in the profile, instead of making a new profile altogether..

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
KC

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
KC_Chopra said:
Hi thank you for the reply, at the expense of sounding amtuerish...will it work if I just simply change the dropdown in the profile, instead of making a new profile altogether..

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
KC
This can work but its no guarantee that you will get a PT his way.
making a new EE profile has been proved to land an PT

KC_Chopra

Jun 8, 2015
rafzy said:
This can work but its no guarantee that you will get a PT his way.
making a new EE profile has been proved to land an PT
Thank you so much for the help and guidance. I will keep this group posted on any developments.

Warm Regards,
KC

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
hi there,

i have a score of 415 & i am pulling out my old profile & creating a new one today. Do you have any idea whether OIPNP is still rolling out invites for PT?

thanks!!