+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kovthe said:
I have received ITA again(I had to decline the first one). I have started my application. I see my ITA is valid till 22nd April 2017. However, my provincial nomination is set to expire on 26th March, and IELTS on 28th March. So What will be my actual deadline for submitting application- date before provincial nomination expires, or date before IELTS expires. If after receiving ITA, provincial nomination deadline does not matter, I plan to retake IELTS to buy some more time.

Please suggest.
Submit before expiry of provincial nomination.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
MatthewAT said:
Thanks for answering my previous question, this forum is fantastic.

I was wondering if paid overtime hours can be included in your work experience? If so, do you average them in your "hours per week"?
Right now I have an average of 45hrs a week, but I was hired to work 40hrs a week in my contract.

"“Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours." - CIC
As long as you have 30 hours or more, it does not matter whether you include overtime as well to average out your working hours.

adeelcis

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi All,

I and my wife have a Canadian PR but we are currently outside Canada. My wife is expecting a baby in March 2017 and we can not move to Canada due to my wife health complications.

I want to know the process of new born child sponsorship.

Also i want to move Canada in June 2017 with my wife and child. Is it possible to get visit visa for my new born child.

Kindly guide me

MatthewAT

Jan 27, 2017
Stanlee said:
As long as you have 30 hours or more, it does not matter whether you include overtime as well to average out your working hours.
Ah, so hours of work experience don't matter; as long as you have over 30 hours per week it only checks the number of months worked? I want to make sure as I have, 3728 hours of work which when divided by 1650 hours gives me 2.2 years, but in actual time that is only 1yr 8mnths.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MatthewAT said:
Ah, so hours of work experience don't matter; as long as you have over 30 hours per week it only checks the number of months worked? I want to make sure as I have, 3728 hours of work which when divided by 1650 hours gives me 2.2 years, but in actual time that is only 1yr 8mnths.
You cannot count beyond 30 hours per week and use that to compensate for the number of days. If you have worked for 8 months for 50 hours per week, you cannot say you have 1600 hours so you are eligible to claim 1 year work experience. You should have worked for at least 30 hours per week for 12 months to claim points for 1 year work experience.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adeelcis said:
Hi All,

I and my wife have a Canadian PR but we are currently outside Canada. My wife is expecting a baby in March 2017 and we can not move to Canada due to my wife health complications.

I want to know the process of new born child sponsorship.

Also i want to move Canada in June 2017 with my wife and child. Is it possible to get visit visa for my new born child.

Kindly guide me
I suppose you can get a visitor visa for your child and then apply to sponsor him/her as a Permanent Resident -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
jackdawn said:
Hi Seniors,

have a few queries with respect to experience and job. I have about 11 years of experience and my last job was for 7 years which i quit couple of weeks ago.

1.Do i need to be employed and show continuity of job at the time of receiving ITA.

2. Let's say im idle for 3-4 months and i receive ITA, is it fine if is show those 3-4 months as idle.

3. Do i have to update my EE profile now since i have quit my last job

Would appreciate your help and clarification
Hello can any one clarify on d above queries pls

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jackdawn said:
Hi Seniors,

have a few queries with respect to experience and job. I have about 11 years of experience and my last job was for 7 years which i quit couple of weeks ago.

1.Do i need to be employed and show continuity of job at the time of receiving ITA.

No

2. Let's say im idle for 3-4 months and i receive ITA, is it fine if is show those 3-4 months as idle.

Yes

3. Do i have to update my EE profile now since i have quit my last job

Yes, please update the last working day in the EE profile.

Would appreciate your help and clarification

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi Raj & Seniors,

I dont know if this is a valid query or not. Im an outland FSW

-Would like to know if being in EE can i visit canada on a visit visa and look for a job. Is that technically allowed

-If yes,will that be a viable option to visit and look for a job. Though u register in job bank and apply for jobs, i havent seen any response till now and i also feel that they hardly consider a profile out of canada

Pls clarify

dholhin1

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-05-2017
Hi there,
I need some suggestions!
When we create express entry profile it asks "Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?" that means we've right to include or not to include spouse in it right?
I'm legally married and my wife lives in India. She has spouse dependent open work permit but she never came to Canada. Now I'm planning to apply for PR but I don't want to include her as secondary applicant because she never wanna come here. How safe it is to apply without spouse? I asked some immigrant consultants and advised me to be more careful while doing so. Do you think CIC may suspect something else or is it good to go without worrying?
And to be honest I do not wanna misrepresent my case to CIC.

Thanks

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

BG just changed to IP , how long it will take for next step ? and what it will be ?

thanks
-p

cat46601128

Feb 2, 2017
I have a question about my files to upload. I am invited. I have master's degree outside Canada (ECA is done) and inside Canada. What files do I need to upload under education category? Thank you.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Seniors

my aor was 10 Jan 2017.
19th Jan: my first baby was born. I raised a CSE on jan 22.
25 Jan: meds passed; no additional doc req
26 Jan: bg check not started.
30 Jan (probably as i skipped checking my account on weekend): back ground check again changed to not needed.

My question is:
1 Do you think my background check again went to ‘not needed’ as cic wants (and yesterday they did contact me (twice by two different agents) through A VERY WEIRD GMAIL mail which I will discuss later) my newborns details before it will move ahead with the processing of my file?
In other words, do you see any correlation of my status changes with the birth of my child.
Will the birth of my baby will somehow influence the progress (or lack of it) of processing of my file. Will cic hold my file until i upload his birth certificate and passport (which will take a month) or will process it at its normal pace.
Please note that i had chosen my settlement funds keeping in view the increase in family members (although we were two at that point, me and my wife chose funds required for three family members).

Regarding my CSE, kindly note CIC response:
They did contact me yesterday. I am copy pasting the email and will then put my queries to you.

Dear Muhammad Shaheer Javed,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You will find all the necessary information to answer your enquiry below:

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and
The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.

Useful tips

Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.
It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

Massimo,
Agent xxxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO you think they have asked to re-submit the whole package.

Why are they requiring me to submit "A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents" and why are they using If applicable against the rest of the docs?
What is the status of my current EE FSWO PR APP. My app status (such as medicals passed, no additional docs required and background check not required have not changed since yesterday after CICs email on my gmail account) is still the same.

WHAT SHOULD I DO. SHALL I SUBMIT THE DOCS OF MY NEWBORN VIA CSE AND DISREGARD THIS EMAIL?
I think that the two CIC agents who sent me the same mail in a span of three hours yesterday misunderstood my CSE.
all these forms are related to family sponsorship program. My wife is secondary applicant and she is accompanying me. I was also shocked to see the letter as this template is not what i have seen on this blog in cases similar to me (FSWO app family addition due to birth of a child).
I will probably upload all the required docs via cse. I have also read somewhere that they require you to upload these docs via your application checklist page after creating relevant placeholders.
That’s why i find their letter to me strange.
Please help.