+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hello,

I submitted my application for EE in January, and I am currently awaiting for their decision.

I've had to submit my French police certificate, because this is my country of origin

My concern is that it states that the police certificate must be issued AFTER you've lived there, HOWEVER I'm going back there in February for a week.

Can somebody confirm to me that this is not going to be a problem?

Thank you very much!

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Dear Seniors,

Could anyone please let me know what to expect from the blood test? Is it only for Syphilis and AIDS or are they testing for Blood Sugar and Cholesterol, Lipid Profile, Thyroid as well? Need to know for my hubby.

Also I had a kidney stone in my right kidney 15 years ago and I have a scar on my abdomen where the cut me to remove it - would that be a problem?

How detailed is the physical examination i.e. what do they examine - I know they do a breast exam for females - is there anything else in particular that the go into details for?

Thanks for your valuable input.

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi, I am confused at a question where it ask you the date of Ielts result. I got my result online on 31st May 2016 but on my transcript the Administrator singed date is 30th May 2016. Which date should I put?

Thanks
Can anyone suggest please?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi, I am confused at a question where it ask you the date of Ielts result. I got my result online on 31st May 2016 but on my transcript the Administrator singed date is 30th May 2016. Which date should I put?

Thanks
The date on the top half of the report is the date you took the exam. The date on the bottom half is the official date of your results. If you are asked to input the date of the exam, use the one in the top half. If you are asked to input the date of the exam, use the one in the bottom half.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pakimom said:
Dear Seniors,

Could anyone please let me know what to expect from the blood test? Is it only for Syphilis and AIDS or are they testing for Blood Sugar and Cholesterol, Lipid Profile, Thyroid as well? Need to know for my hubby.

They do a standard blood test that screens for HIV/Syphilis/Hepatitis. They also do check the blood sugar AFAIK. If readings are high, they do additional tests just to make sure there is no serious underlying condition. Nothing to worry about here. If the diabetes is under control with medication, no problem. Unless the applicant/dependent has some serious underlying condition, the medicals will pass.

Also I had a kidney stone in my right kidney 15 years ago and I have a scar on my abdomen where the cut me to remove it - would that be a problem?

No, IMO.

How detailed is the physical examination i.e. what do they examine - I know they do a breast exam for females - is there anything else in particular that the go into details for?

A standard exam - Listening to heart and lungs, examining the abdomen, checking BP. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Thanks for your valuable input.

MatthewAT

Jan 27, 2017
Hi Guys, I'm stuck on this part of my profile:

Was this degree, diploma or certificate:
from a private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools

How can I determine if the private school I went to (Vancouver Film School) operated under the same rules as public schools?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MatthewAT said:
Hi Guys, I'm stuck on this part of my profile:

Was this degree, diploma or certificate:
from a private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools

How can I determine if the private school I went to (Vancouver Film School) operated under the same rules as public schools?
Well, I suppose you can call the school and find out or

Check this -->

https://vfs.edu/about-vfs

Check "Accreditation" tab.

B.C. Private Training Institutions Branch

The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education sets out basic education standards for registered private career training institutions in British Columbia and establishes standards of quality, which must be met by accredited institutions. Their mission is to support quality education in British Columbia's private post-secondary career training sector through regulating standards and providing protection to students.

British Columbia Education Quality Assurance

EQA designation attests to the high standard of the quality of the educational services provided by the institution to its students. This seal allows students to easily identify which provincial institutions the government of BC recognizes as having met the quality assurance standards and offer consumer protection to learners. EQA designation is a requirement to be registered with Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) as a CIC Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

MatthewAT

Jan 27, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I suppose you can call the school and find out or

Check this -->

Check "Accreditation" tab.
Thanks Raj :)

I see it is credited by BC "This seal allows students to easily identify which provincial institutions the government of BC recognizes as having met the quality assurance standards and offer consumer protection to learners. EQA designation is a requirement to be registered with Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) as a CIC Designated Learning Institution (DLI)."

To me this looks like a "yes", but are you or anyone else aware of CIC rules that I could read, I couldn't find any in the FAQ's. Also, if I answer "NO" do I not get any points for express entry?

Thank you again.

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
hello,

i got my pgwp and extension both by flag polling process..do we need to mention this in pr application?
if so where do we need to mention it?

thanks in advance

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
The date on the top half of the report is the date you took the exam. The date on the bottom half is the official date of your results. If you are asked to input the date of the exam, use the one in the top half. If you are asked to input the date of the exam, use the one in the bottom half.
Thank you Raj. I have been asking this question a lot and I have been getting different answers for the same What is your take on this one?. I want to do it the right way.

In my express entry profile, there is a section that asks if I have a family member who is a PR/citizen of Canada. I did no to that to save myself from uploading documents from my aunt. She is a Canadian citizen and I was staying with her since I came to Canada and still has the same mailing address. I did 'no' as it is not awarding any points for that. I can get the documents but I just want to keep it simple. Is there going to any misinterpretation or chances of further queries?. I am so confused with this.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TorontoPunjabi said:
Thank you Raj. I have been asking this question a lot and I have been getting different answers for the same What is your take on this one?. I want to do it the right way.

In my express entry profile, there is a section that asks if I have a family member who is a PR/citizen of Canada. I did no to that to save myself from uploading documents from my aunt. She is a Canadian citizen and I was staying with her since I came to Canada and still has the same mailing address. I did 'no' as it is not awarding any points for that. I can get the documents but I just want to keep it simple. Is there going to any misinterpretation or chances of further queries?. I am so confused with this.

Thanks
No, I haven't seen any problems because of answering NO to relatives in Canada. This is just for the sake of getting points and if you are not claiming points for relatives in Canada, you don't have to mention them on your application.

Balchev

Aug 3, 2015
Greeting,

Hi all, i'm at the crossroad at the moment and i ask for advice.
My wife and i just complete our EE profile as her as the main candidate.

1. She have a bit lower IELTS results than mine but she have more than 2 years of continuously work experience more than me. In march i will have 1 year and she will have overall more than 3 years.
My question is:
Is it worth for us the main candidate to be me with higher IELTS results and less work expiriance ( exact 1 year on 1st or march )
Or she can stay as the main candidate and work towards higher IELTS results?

And one more quick question:

2. Me and her have two bachelors degrees on them is for 3 years the other one is for 1 year.
But after WES evaluation they now state the following:
Bachelor degree for 3 years.
Bachelor degree for 4 years.
At the EE profile we check the option Bachelor degree OR three or more year program at university, collage e.t.
Did we actually check the right option on that. I feel that we may made a mistake.

Thank you for anyone who answer my questions!

admodi86

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if I submit my PR application and then I change job, do I need to inform CIC? Do I need to give new employer reference letters and stuff? I have got nomination from Ontario, not for job offer.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
I would appreciate if my questions could be answered.

1. I realized I would like to start my application all over again because I had made minors error and have been updating ever since. Would it better to click start again or updating is sufficient enough (or would cic have a track of the updations should I receive ITA at any point)?
2. Whenever I update, I don’t seem to receive any email saying information updated unlike the first two times I did it. Is this normal?
3. Also, I cant seem to find the option to insert ECA no. for spouse education..What am I not looking?
4. Is CELPIP easier than IELTS to score good bands?

Thank you for the help.