istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WongJJ said:
Hello,

I want to ask regarding the work experience part for FSW and CEC.

I have a full time work from March 2014 to July 2014 for a NOC 5241 B job. I took a break and got another job at a different company but with same NOC 5241 B from October 2015 till July 2016. These 2 jobs are full time and is more that 40 hours a week. I want to know can this count as Part time : 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560) to be eligible for FSW and CEC?

Thanks in advance!
I'm a little confused.
Are you saying that you had 2 part-time jobs at the same time ? Or you had 1 full-time job, followed by another full-time job ?

If it was 2 part-time jobs at the same time, then yes, the hours can be added together.

If it was 1 full-time job followed by another, then no, it doesn't count as part-time work, it counts as full-time.
If this is the case, you have 1 year of experience, though, so it should count for CEC.
It doesn't count for FSW, though, because you had a gap of 15 months between jobs.

WongJJ

Aug 12, 2016
istari said:
I'm a little confused.
Are you saying that you had 2 part-time jobs at the same time ? Or you had 1 full-time job, followed by another full-time job ?

If it was 2 part-time jobs at the same time, then yes, the hours can be added together.

If it was 1 full-time job followed by another, then no, it doesn't count as part-time work, it counts as full-time.
If this is the case, you have 1 year of experience, though, so it should count for CEC.
It doesn't count for FSW, though, because you had a gap of 15 months between jobs.
I had 1 full time job and then a gap of 15 months and then another full time job. So what you are saying is that CEC allows for 2 full time jobs with a gap in between to be added together while FSW doesnt allow it?

Also, does my chances of getting picked better with me being eligible for both CEC and FSW or having eligibility in one program is sufficient?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WongJJ said:
I had 1 full time job and then a gap of 15 months and then another full time job. So what you are saying is that CEC allows for 2 full time jobs with a gap in between to be added together while FSW doesnt allow it?
Yes, and no.
CEC allows it.
FSW requires 1 year of continuous full-time work experience in order for you to be eligible. Once you have this minimum 1 year, all other work experience can be in smaller chunks. So these 2 jobs will count towards your work experience, but only once you have a full year of continuous work experience.

Also, does my chances of getting picked better with me being eligible for both CEC and FSW or having eligibility in one program is sufficient?
Being eligible for both does not increase your chances.

jwadhwa08

Jul 24, 2016
istari said:
Is your work experience in an NOC that is classified as skill level A, B, or O ?

If so, and if you are 36 years old or younger, you are eligible.
currently working as an Sr Auditor
which is in skilled worker category

but will I be considered for PR as my degree and experience completely mismatch??
plus i have have 2.5 years of gap period after my college as i was preparing for civil services

vivignesh

Aug 10, 2016
In Area Of Training do we get full points for quebec?
Mine in EEE and as per list it is 12 points.
Will i get all 12 points or it also based on relevant experience in the same field of study(area of training)?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
jwadhwa08 said:
currently working as an Sr Auditor
which is in skilled worker category

but will I be considered for PR as my degree and experience completely mismatch??
plus i have have 2.5 years of gap period after my college as i was preparing for civil services
not an issue.

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Hi All,

I am creating a new EE profile and withdrawn my old EE profile and there is small confusion regarding these 3 question below

"Has XX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "
Do I have to answer "YES"?
"Has xx applied for Express Entry before? "
Do I have to answer "YES",since I created a EE profile earlier and mention the previous EE profile number?

"Please provide the Express Entry file number"
Does this mean EE file number is same as EE profile number?

Your help is appreciated.Thanks

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
My work permit expiring soon, I am planning to apply for paper work permit to buy some time as it takes 4 months to get processed.
If I get invitation to apply for pr with my crs score 465, while I am on implied status, then am I eligible to apply for BOWP or not ?

sitheeq

Aug 9, 2015
Hi ...!!!

Pls help me on this regards.

My age - 28 ys
Language - IELTS 6 each band
Education - BSc.Eng (Hons) - assessed by WES as 04 Years degree
Experience -

Company A - July/2011- March/2012 (08 months)
Company B - April/2012- May/2013 (13 months)
No Job - June/2013 - September/2013 (04 months)
Company C - October/2013- February/2014 (05 months) - NO REFERENCE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER.
No Job - March/2014 - May/2014 (03 months)

Company D - June/2014- June /2015 (12 months)
Company E - June/2015- Present (15 Months)

Adaptability
Spouse Language - IELTS 6.0 each band

I am getting confuse about my experience that will fall on 04 years or 03 years ??

Pls reply me whether I am eligible or not to apply for the express entry????

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sitheeq said:
Hi ...!!!

Pls help me on this regards.

My age - 28 ys
Language - IELTS 6 each band
Education - BSc.Eng (Hons) - assessed by WES as 04 Years degree
Experience -

Company A - July/2011- March/2012 (08 months)
Company B - April/2012- May/2013 (13 months)
No Job - June/2013 - September/2013 (04 months)
Company C - October/2013- February/2014 (05 months) - NO REFERENCE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER.
No Job - March/2014 - May/2014 (03 months)

Company D - June/2014- June /2015 (12 months)
Company E - June/2015- Present (15 Months)

Adaptability
Spouse Language - IELTS 6.0 each band

I am getting confuse about my experience that will fall on 04 years or 03 years ??

Pls reply me whether I am eligible or not to apply for the express entry????
You need to calculate your work experience vary carefully here.
You say you had Job D from June 2014 to June 2015. But was it June 1 2014 to June 30 2015, or June 30 2014 to June 1 2015 ?
This makes a huge difference !

So you need to calculate your work experience using the actual dates, not just the months.
For 4 years of work experience, you need 208 weeks of work experience (at at least 30 hours per week).

gmvk

Sep 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi!

i am done with my IELTS (R:8.0, W:7.0, S:7.5 and L:7.5) and WES (Master's Degree). i am in the process of creating a profile with CIC. The thing is my CRS score is 379 points only. my work experience is 5 years as a Software Tester. although I have a relative in Ontario, family ties are not considered in CRS to increase points. Is this correct? How can I be considered for the Ontario Provincial nominee instead of the FSWP? is it okay to continue with the express entry or wait til my details change like if i find a sponsor, improve my score or be a provincial nominee to another province? Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gmvk said:
hi!

i am done with my IELTS (R:8.0, W:7.0, S:7.5 and L:7.5) and WES (Master's Degree). i am in the process of creating a profile with CIC. The thing is my CRS score is 379 points only. my work experience is 5 years as a Software Tester. although I have a relative in Ontario, family ties are not considered in CRS to increase points. Is this correct? How can I be considered for the Ontario Provincial nominee instead of the FSWP? is it okay to continue with the express entry or wait til my details change like if i find a sponsor, improve my score or be a provincial nominee to another province? Thank you!
Unfortunately, you need to have at least 400 + CRS (per the current norm) to be eligible to apply to OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream. This stream is now closed and might re-open in November, 2016. You can create your EE profile and look for other PNP options - like SINP etc,. Check the below post -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

gmvk

Sep 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you, rajkamalmohanram! so i need to select multiple provinces in the myCIC profile so that they can check if i am eligible to other provinces? by the way, i just used the CRS tool, i havent submitted my profile yet. the exact points that i will get for CRS will be sent or given to me once i create the profile right? or using the tool will give me the same score when i submit my profile?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gmvk said:
thank you, rajkamalmohanram! so i need to select multiple provinces in the myCIC profile so that they can check if i am eligible to other provinces? by the way, i just used the CRS tool, i havent submitted my profile yet. the exact points that i will get for CRS will be sent or given to me once i create the profile right? or using the tool will give me the same score when i submit my profile?
You can choose "All provinces". The CRS tool provided by IRCC is accurate. If you have keyed in the information accurately and it said your CRS was XX, your EE profile will show the same CRS.