+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kashjuni said:
Hi Raj,

I see that when one applies individually, there are more points allotted to a person in CRS tool. So can I apply with "Spouse not accompanying" option and my wife separately apply with "Spouse not accompanying" option and both benefit individually with more points? This could be like a loophole in system, but i am not sure if there would be a problem later.

What do you have to say about this option?
Well, no. I don't think this can be done. I haven't heard anyone trying this throughout my tenure on this forum. I believe there are certain questions like "Has your spouse applied to any other immigration program" and you have to say "Yes" there. I don't think this is possible!

Nonetheless, spousal sponsorship is a lengthy process. Is there any specific reason as to why you want to mark your spouse as non-accompanying?

vivignesh

Aug 10, 2016
I am an Embedded systems software/firmware developer. I hold B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engg.
My Job Titles are

1)Systems Engineer
2)Tech Lead

My Job titles is falling under NOC:
2173 Software engineers and designers

But in 2173 Employment requirements it mentioned its for A bachelor's degree in computer science.

Which NOC one i should choose?
Will they consider Embedded system software/firmware development is related to Electronics(My Area of training) ?

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, no. I don't think this can be done. I haven't heard anyone trying this throughout my tenure on this forum. I believe there are certain questions like "Has your spouse applied to any other immigration program" and you have to say "Yes" there. I don't think this is possible!

Nonetheless, spousal sponsorship is a lengthy process. Is there any specific reason as to why you want to mark your spouse as non-accompanying?
Hi Raj,

No there is no other reason apart from this being a way to get more points. But yes, I do not think it's an ideal approach. So let me follow the regular one.

Thanks for your time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivignesh said:
I am an Embedded systems software/firmware developer. I hold B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engg.
My Job Titles are

1)Systems Engineer
2)Tech Lead

My Job titles is falling under NOC:
2173 Software engineers and designers

But in 2173 Employment requirements it mentioned its for A bachelor's degree in computer science.

Which NOC one i should choose?
Will they consider Embedded system software/firmware development is related to Electronics(My Area of training) ?
Your NOC depends mostly on your roles and responsibilities. You can send an e-mail to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your roles and responsibilities & your designation and they will get back to you with the most appropriate NOC.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Hi All,

My name is Vivek, 35 years old (will turn 36 in September'16). My wife and I want to apply for Express Entry for obtaining PR in Canada. Our profile is below:

Vivek
Experience 12+ years, currently working as a Banking Industry consultant in IBM, Pune.

IELTS:
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.0
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Overall 8.0
CEFR level : C1

Education: BE (4 years) + MBA(1 Year)

Swapna
30 years old, Approx 8 years of experience in HR field. Currently unemployed. Last employed till May 2016.

IELTS:
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Overall 8.0

Education: B.Com (3 Years) + MBA (2 Years)

Our question is as follows:

There is a possibility that I may go to Canada on a one year project. We are awaiting transcripts from our respective universities and hope to receive them by end of next week. Post this, we will send them to WES for obtaining the ECA.

Should we apply for the PR on the website while being in India itself or should we wait to land in Canada and then apply for our PR? Since both us would loose some points on age front, would it be better to apply in the beginning itself?

Also, our aspirations are to be in Toronto. But is it true that the quota for Ontario for 2016 is already exhausted?

Experienced members assistance would help us guide on the right path.

thanks!
Vivek

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Thank you for your feedback rajkamalmohanram.

I agree with your logic, but here what happened to me; I applied under this circumstances, married with non accompanying wife, CEC-Inland, and AOR 03/17/2016. Now I am really freaking out because I got my application notes and it seems like the officer added my wife as accompanying and recalculated my CRS. Here are my notes transcriptions;

NOTES: 1 (05/14/2016)
REVIEW TYPE: Case Analyst APPLICATION E000000000 REGULATION: CEC Having Analized this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation. I have verified this application under section 11.2 of the immigration and refugee protection Act (IRPA) and make the following determination. EXPRESS ENTRY: CRS SCORE NOW CALCULATED WITH A SPOUSE, TOTAL VERIFIED CRS FALLS BELOW MIN REQUIDER. CONFIRMATION THAT SPOUSE IS ACCOMPANYING MAY BE REQUIRED. Total Evaluated CRS: 441 MIN CRS required: 457 ***Requirements of A11.2 Review required*** FOSS/GCMS: No adverse info. All Applicants currently hold valid status in Canada Additional Notes: Post Grade 0000000 College CIVIL STATUS: PA (0000 my full name 000) - Married - Marriage certificate is on file - Copy of passport: On File SPOUSE/CL (000 my wife name 000) - SPOUSE/CL is accompanying - Copy of passport: On File
MEC/R87.1: QUALIFYING PERIOD (QP): from 17MAR2013 to 16MAR2016 - Authorized NOC 0,A,B work experience within QP 17FEB2015 TO LOCK-IN - Category of work permit: PGWP - Post-secondary studies in Canada: University WORK EXPERIENCE 1: - WORK PERIOD: 12DEC2014 TO LOCK-IN (Full time) - WORK TITTLE/NOC: Programmer Analyst (NOC: 2174) - EMPLOYER: (000 my employer name 000) - LOE DATE: 26JAN2016 - LOE: confirm(s) date(s) of employment, position title, Salary of $000K APPLICABLE POSITIVE CONDITIONS: - WORK PERIOD (1yr in last 3): APPEARS MET - Web-based search conducted - Employer information verified **Lead Statement and Main Duties appear to be met*** Additional Notes: (000 comanyWebSite 000) ***MEC/R87.1: Appears MET***
MEDICALS: Valid Results in GCMS for ALL APPLICANTS
RECOMMENDATION: Review REQUIRED by Officer

NOTES 2 (05/14/2016)
It appears AAAAAAAA had been disassociated (reason: duplicated) but left as accompanying; and BBBBBBBB set as non-accompanying. I have set the latter as accompanying, therefore there are now 2 potential visas in the application

The UCI listed as BBBBBBBB is my wife's real UCI, but AAAAAAAA I have no idea what is it. Can you share your thoughts about my notes? Do you think I should send a letter explaining that my wife is not accompanying me?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
viveks said:
Hi All,

My name is Vivek, 35 years old (will turn 36 in September'16). My wife and I want to apply for Express Entry for obtaining PR in Canada. Our profile is below:

Vivek
Experience 12+ years, currently working as a Banking Industry consultant in IBM, Pune.

IELTS:
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.0
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Overall 8.0

Education: BE (4 years) + MBA(1 Year)

Swapna
30 years old, Approx 8 years of experience in HR field. Currently unemployed. Last employed till May 2016.

IELTS:
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Overall 8.0

Education: B.Com (3 Years) + MBA (2 Years)

Our question is as follows:

There is a possibility that I may go to Canada on a one year project. We are awaiting transcripts from our respective universities and hope to receive them by end of next week. Post this, we will send them to WES for obtaining the ECA.

Should we apply for the PR on the website while being in India itself or should we wait to land in Canada and then apply for our PR? Since both us would loose some points on age front, would it be better to apply in the beginning itself?

Also, our aspirations are to be in Toronto. But is it true that the quota for Ontario for 2016 is already exhausted?

Experienced members assistance would help us guide on the right path.

thanks!
Vivek
As soon as you get your ECA, you can create and submit your Express Entry profile, you don't have to wait to reach Canada to submit your profile. Meanwhile, if you would like to calculate your score, use this calculator http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi Folks,

Please guide me for my Immigration.... :'(

Here is my situation ;

I have one year of Canadian work experience,CEC NOC B (1253) Record Technician

then, lay off

I joined the job as Food Services supervisor and employer is ready to give me LIMA (Currently 6 months work experience in this field)

Here is my Question :

if i will create a express entry profile definitely i MET under CEC (1253) but now i have LIMA under Food Service Supervisor so immigration officer will consider on my previous job or do i need one year experience under Food Service Supervisor ?

Please guide me ! I need your help here :'( :'(

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Stanlee said:
As soon as you get your ECA, you can create and submit your Express Entry profile, you don't have to wait to reach Canada to submit your profile. Meanwhile, if you would like to calculate your score, use this calculator <link>
Thanks Stan,

But if I my going to Canada is confirmed, I would potentially get an offer letter from my company (inter company transfer) which may even include LMIA. Wouldnt these give me more probability at getting an ITA?

pujan3103

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Hi all,
My application was refused last month due to difference in Primary NOC Code and my FSW NOC Code. I got my RPRF back. But my agent had challenged the decision of cic. And today after a month my agent calls me and tells me that cic have sent a request for RPRF back.
what does this mean?
will i still have to wait for 3-6 months more? as my previous application took 6months and then got rejected, and my security and criminality check were already done.
does this RPRF request means that my profile is now eligible?
Always i want to know if everybody gets the same format for RPRF!

Dear PUJAN,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the
Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still
ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
law partner, if applicable.
If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay
the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following
these steps:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”
 Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
 Click “Submit”
 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa,
American Express or Mastercard.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must upload a copy of your receipt to your MyCIC account.
The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you
choose not to use your visa.
Your response to the above requests is required within 7 days.

please reply and let me know guys. its been a long long wait.
Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
viveks said:
Thanks Stan,

But if I my going to Canada is confirmed, I would potentially get an offer letter from my company (inter company transfer) which may even include LMIA. Wouldnt these give me more probability at getting an ITA?
Yes, a positive LMIA will help you get invited sooner. So in that case, you can wait to reach Canada to initiate the process. Meanwhile, start arranging the documents that you may need.

WongJJ

Aug 12, 2016
Hello,

I want to ask regarding the work experience part for FSW and CEC.

I have a full time work from March 2014 to July 2014 for a NOC 5241 B job. I took a break and got another job at a different company but with same NOC 5241 B from October 2015 till July 2016. These 2 jobs are full time and is more that 40 hours a week. I want to know can this count as Part time : 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560) to be eligible for FSW and CEC?

Thanks in advance!

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
Hi,

Just need little help...

So I'm trying to get approved LIMIA as a Food Service Supervisor NOC 6311 for my brother who is living outside of Canada.

This LIMIA will be for FWP which requires $1000 fees etc.

Can we use same LIMIA to apply for EE or LIMIA needs to be specifically for EE? also is this category eligible for EE if applicant is outside Canada? which category he can apply?

Please reply if anyone has any experience in this.

Thanks

jwadhwa08

Jul 24, 2016
My ielts score general
Listening: 8.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 7.5

Qualification.....B .E.(ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING)
EXPERIENCE......4 YEARS IN INCOME TAX DEPTT (NON TECHNICAL)

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR APPLYING PR??
I DO NOT HAVE ANY ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE......

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jwadhwa08 said:
My ielts score general
Listening: 8.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 7.5

Qualification.....B .E.(ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING)
EXPERIENCE......4 YEARS IN INCOME TAX DEPTT (NON TECHNICAL)

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR APPLYING PR??
I DO NOT HAVE ANY ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE......
Is your work experience in an NOC that is classified as skill level A, B, or O ?

If so, and if you are 36 years old or younger, you are eligible.