+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
evan68 said:
Hi Briandg,
I have one year experience doing teaching assistant/research assistant when I hold a study permit. I wonder can I get into the pool with that experience? and can I get points from that experience under FSW EE as Canadian experience(since CEC claims experience during holding study permit doesn't count)?

Thanks a lot!
Evan
CIC has a very weird attitude towards that. I had two friends with the same situation. for one of them the system considered her ineligible , and for the other she was considered eligible and gave him more than 450 points.
If I were you, I would make a profile with (imaginary IELTS marks) and I would enter all other information correctly. I submitted it to see if I am considered eligible or not. If the system considered me eligible, I would do the whole WES and IELTS, etc.
First make a profile with your real information (enter approximate marks for IELTS) and make sure they consider you eligible.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Thanks for reply.
I've one more question.
I've 3yrs Bachelors Degree assessed by WES and 1 year Post graduate diploma from TO.
I'm getting 120 instead of 128.

how do i fix this ? Is there any number I can call or any email?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
"
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor's after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse) 119
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 22"

Sep 13, 2015
hello senior colleaque in the house, i need help corcerning this issue below, i'm a fresher on this forum. up till now no solution from CSE department. i have called cic but was directed to CSE. No solution up till now, and my ITA expired 15-9-2015. what can i do pls

Dear Sir/Ma,

My name is Atewogbola with Express Entry profile number (**********). I received my ITA July 17, 2015.
I completed my PR application profile on September 10, 2015 and was on the stage making payment and Submission before I encountered system generated error which truncated my payment this happened on September 11, 2015. I later lodged in to continue the process but I
discovered my PR profile is no longer available on mycic account. Since then I have contacted CIC through cic case specific enquiry which
I got a response that my profile has been updated but to my surprise when I lodged in to mycic account the problem still persist. Because of this I have not been able to make my payment and submission. Please kindly assist to resolve this problem before the deadline for submission which is on September 15, 2015. It is important I make this payments so I can submit my PR application before deadline.

Furthermore, I attached my completed PR application summary for your review, which clearly show and support my claim, also as a proof that I have completed my PR application and i'm at the stage of making payment before i encounter system generated error which led to disappearance of my completed PR application form and truncated my payments and submission on cic website.

I will be grateful if this problem can be resolved before the deadline for submission which is September 15, 2015.

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi,
What would be the approx total cost of applying PR under FSW for a family of 3 ( 2 adults + 1 child) in Indian Rupees.
We are just planning our finances and wanted to know approx Indian cost including ECA + PR application
Please help

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am a Java developer based in an IT firm in India. I am about to make my express entry profile and hope to get a notification of interest from Ontario. My CRS is 420. My question is:
1. Is Ontario still issuing PT's or has the cap been reached?
2. Which NOC should I apply with 2173 or 2174? My roles are more inclined towards 2174, but I have heard that PNP is based on NOC and 2174 is a pretty competitive NOC.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
Education Duration !

Hi all,

I have done my Engineering from 2003 to 2008. I completed a 4yr. academic course in 5 years due to 1 year gap. Please help me understand what should i put in the express entry profile - Completed/full academic year column.

I will have to put that I started my graduation in 2003 & ended in 2008 but it comes to 5 years whereas the actual full course is for only 4years (also in my ECA) . I am confused to what should i put & the same should go in any other forms that I fill going ahead. 4 or 5 !! Please help.

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
Thanks for reply.
I've one more question.
I've 3yrs Bachelors Degree assessed by WES and 1 year Post graduate diploma from TO.
I'm getting 120 instead of 128.

how do i fix this ? Is there any number I can call or any email?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
"
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor's after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse) 119
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 22"
Try fiddling around with your Education section. Someone reported that they filled in 'Two or more..' for both Bachelors and the other diploma and they got the required points - try doing that.

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi, What would be the approx total cost of applying PR under FSW for a family of 3 ( 2 adults + 1 child) in Indian Rupees.We are just planning our finances and wanted to know approx Indian cost including ECA + PR applicationPlease help

antho065

Sep 13, 2015
Hi,
So I plan to apply via the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program. I used the questionnaire on the CIC website and I appear to be eligible. I would be grateful if you can share your thoughts and insights.
- What's the processing time? Assuming I apply now, when will I expect to receive a decision?
- Does Nationality Matter? I hold multiple passports (all visa-exempt, one is US), does the FSW give preference to any particular nationality?
- Can I enter on my US passport first and get a job using NAFTA's TN Visa status first, then convert it into a PR status?
- Would it help to have a professional qualification? I don't have any professional degree but I have a professional qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, CFA, etc.)
- Regarding the family member/relative points, do my Canadian family members or relatives have to be presently in Canada?
Thanks!

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Hi.
I sent my transcripts to WES but forgot to send the degree photocopy alongwith them. They have received the transcripts and updated the status as 'documents received - review in progress'. Are they going to notify me about the additional documents (degrees) required? I have posted the degrees aslo though, but it may take more than a week to reach them.
I am afraid that they might reject my application or provide an incomplete assessment. Any idea or suggestions?

Ameya25

Sep 11, 2015
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hi All,
I need a big advice....my spouse havent got a birth certificate and it si impossible to get one ...i am about to submit my file....is it really manadatory....plse giv advice asap