+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
ngelsa said:
You will most likely have to include them even if they are not related because when you submit your PR application you will have to complete your personal history for the past 10 years and CIC doesn't allow any time gaps. Include it now and don't let CIC questions why you did not include it beforehand.
We have to mention all the part time jobs as well that we did during our studies like few hours for teaching assistant etc ??

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
ngelsa said:
You will most likely have to include them even if they are not related because when you submit your PR application you will have to complete your personal history for the past 10 years and CIC doesn't allow any time gaps. Include it now and don't let CIC questions why you did not include it beforehand.
We have to mention all the part time jobs as well that we did during our studies like few hours for teaching assistant etc i thougt we only need to mention full time jobs or jobs which has above 30 hours per week

nihar.nia

Jan 28, 2015
Hi,

I've been working in Canada for 3 months in ICT (Intra Company Transfer) Work Permit through my current employer

I've 7 years of work experience in same profession (outside of Canada; in India and USA) and master's degree.

I am planning to apply PR under FSW program...Do i require LMIA to get the relevant points? How is my chances of getting a PR without LMIA?

Please help.

Thanks,Nihar

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
fpaikar said:
But as far as creating the profile goes I am so confused as it says that for CEC its not mandatory to get the ECA done .
There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:
- a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, or
- an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by an agency approved by CIC to show your education is equal to Canadian education standards.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

I think carefully reading the requirements will clear up your confusion.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
theshak said:
I got it my pdf message stating I was in the pool and the JB registration finally went through. How come you do not have to register with Job Bank? It seems silly I have to do giving I am already working in Canada.
It is because I have a valid job offer so I am exempt from creating a job bank profile :)

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
dukhi said:
We have to mention all the part time jobs as well that we did during our studies like few hours for teaching assistant etc i thougt we only need to mention full time jobs or jobs which has above 30 hours per week
I guess if you don't want to mention it in your EE profile it is fine but once you get an invite you have 60 days to complete your 10 years of personal history for your PR application. When you have time, check out the forms that are needed for PR application :)

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
nihar.nia said:
Hi,

I've been working in Canada for 3 months in ICT (Intra Company Transfer) Work Permit through my current employer

I've 7 years of work experience in same profession (outside of Canada; in India and USA) and master's degree.

I am planning to apply PR under FSW program...Do i require LMIA to get the relevant points? How is my chances of getting a PR without LMIA?

Please help.

Thanks,Nihar
You can still apply through EE even if you don't have a job offer supported by a positive LMIA, but you won't be able to claim that extra 600 points that will boost you to the top. In addition, without a valid job offer you will have to create a job bank profile in order to be entered into the pool (given you have already met the minimal requirements for one of the 3 federal programs).

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
ngelsa said:
I guess if you don't want to mention it in your EE profile it is fine but once you get an invite you have 60 days to complete your 10 years of personal history for your PR application. When you have time, check out the forms that are needed for PR application :)
That's fine I can recall my work history for last 10 years. I send already application for CEC so I have everything ready but I just wonder if I have to put all that staff in EE profile as all my previous jobs were not related to my noc code

sidd2024

Aug 6, 2014
Can you help me understand a few things about Canadian Job bank because I am confused to how it works.

1. First of all there are no Jobs posted on Canadian job bank website. All there is are links to other job websites in Canada. So if I have to apply for these jobs, do I have to create a profile on all those job websites ?

2. Lets say I get a interview call from a prospective employer in Canada, then do I have to explain to him that he needs to get a positive LMIA, then offer me a job, then I will update my EE profile, then get a PR and then come work for him Shocked Cry Huh ? All this will take about 6 months. How and why will a Canadian employer wait for me for 6 months ? I don't understand this process well. Can you please explain.

Scrathis

Jan 27, 2015
Scrathis said:
I have been working in Canada for over 1 year on PGWP and had post-secondary education in Canada. Just uploaded my EE. However, I received a message after the profile is submitted. It says

In your profile, you said that you do not have a valid job offer in Canada or a provincial or territorial nomination.
Therfore, in order to activate your profile and beligble to be invited to aply for permanent residence, you must
register with (job bank website)

Apparently this affect my points in CRS - Skill Transferability - Education . Which field did I fill incorrectly and resulted in this message?
Can anyone answer my question?

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Scrathis said:
Can anyone answer my question?
It is because your job offer is not supported by a positive LMIA, so you will have to register with Job Bank even you are currently working in Canada under PGWP and have a full time job offer.

Yes, PGWP is LMIA exempt for you to look for any kind of jobs to gain Canadian experience post graduation, but in order to claim that extra 600 points and be job bank exempt you will need a NOC O, A or B job offer that is supported by positive LMIA.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
MONKUCHA said:
That's fine I can recall my work history for last 10 years. I send already application for CEC so I have everything ready but I just wonder if I have to put all that staff in EE profile as all my previous jobs were not related to my noc code
If I were you I wouldn't mind going through all the trouble to complete the work history for the EE profile so I am not being accused for "intentionally hiding information". In the end it is entirely up to you whether to include everything or selectively leave things out.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
ngelsa said:
If I were you I wouldn't mind going through all the trouble to complete the work history for the EE profile so I am not being accused for "intentionally hiding information". In the end it is entirely up to you whether to include everything or selectively leave things out.
But i am afraid if i now try to update the things i might also face the issues that other people are facing here where they suddenly becomes ineligible etc....I only have few part time jobs during my masters which are missing...Should i take that risk...

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
dukhi said:
But i am afraid if i now try to update the things i might also face the issues that other people are facing here where they suddenly becomes ineligible etc....I only have few part time jobs during my masters which are missing...Should i take that risk...
Well, I know this is a waste of resource but I guess you can create another MyCIC account and create a suedo application just to plug-in the information to see if you are eligible to enter into the pool. If the new one went through and confirmed that you are in the pool then give it sometime to stay there and then withdraw your old application? And if the new one is deemed ineligible then just take the risk and stick with the old one then write a letter explaining why those were not included in the original EE profile when they question that?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
ngelsa said:
Well, I know this is a waste of resource but I guess you can create another MyCIC account and create a suedo application just to plug-in the information to see if you are eligible to enter into the pool. If the new one went through and confirmed that you are in the pool then give it sometime to stay there and then withdraw your old application? And if the new one is deemed ineligible then just take the risk and stick with the old one then write a letter explaining why those were not included in the original EE profile when they question that?
I know ill be eligible its just few part time jobs which doesnt matter in terms of points either...But these system bugs are coming in too often