Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I have 440 points. My birthday is on May 23, so on that day I will lose 5 points. Let's suppose that the next cut off score is 440, and I get an invitation. Will my application be rejected on May 23 as I no longer have the minimum points for my draw?

Thanks

peddy

Mar 1, 2015
Hi,

What is the difference between empoyment records and letter of employment? How many paystabs do I need to scan and attach as a proof ocf employment records ?

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
sanket.41 said:
Hello all,

HOPE SOME ONE CAN ANSWER THIS

I had received ITA in last draw, Smiley
and after getting document list i Found that CIC need my reference latter for temporary jobs i have done in Canada for like 3 months and 4 months Shocked ( different NOCs , didn't got any points on that work experience)
Can i edit my profile now to exclude those work experiences and just keep my current job were i am working for more than 1 year. ?
I tried deleting temporary jobs from my profile and document check list gets changed removing requirement of reference latter from those jobs.
any one had changed work experience after getting ITA? ( does It count as a misinterpretation before ITA creating profile ? )
N.B. : Called CIC care no and agent advised me to send case specific question to officer which takes 15 days , Asking if any of our member have experience in this situation...

regards,
sanket
My advice would be the next:

1) Send a letter of Explanation that you are unable to send such employment records and that there were no relevancy with the NOC you applied, therefore it doesnt affect your CRS. You should have entered only the NOC you were going to claim points.

2) You can decline ITA , enter all over again all details & wait for next draw.

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
peddy said:
Hi,

What is the difference between empoyment records and letter of employment? How many paystabs do I need to scan and attach as a proof ocf employment records ?
Employment Records must contain:

You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)

According to Letter of Employment which one do you mean? There are Letter from Current Employer & Employment Reference Letter

pravatmail

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

while applying work permit I had shown an employer, but in EE I do not want to show that employer. Will there be any problem ?

husainammar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hello friends,

Please help me answer a few questions with my PR application for EE

1)For work experience I have 2.5 years of experience but 2 years was as a trainee engineer. Please note that I had graduated from uni and was on the job training where I worked full time with salary. I hope that this experience shouldn't be considered apprenticeship as CIC has particularly asked not to mention any apprenticeship period

2)In Application Profile details under Immigration history and Citizenship, there are two questions
Have I applied to CIC before? (Yes as I applied for PR under previous FSWP before EE)
Have I applied for PR before? (I have answered no although I applied for FSWP last year as it asks for PR file no and I did not get any as my application was returned initially)

3)Under Family Section
1) How much CAD funds that I have to show at least as a single person?
2) What is the definition of relatives? I don't think relatives include 1st cousins according to CIC

I will really appreciate if someone can answer these questions

Thank u,
Regards
Ammar

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have 438 points and my NOC is 2173; I am expecting an invitation in the next 15 days or so and hence I am preparing for the documentation. There are a few questions that I have and I would appreciate if people who have received the ITA & its checklist answer the same for accuracy:

1. Is the birth-certificate part of the checklist ? I don't have one. If yes, what should I do- i mean do I apply for a new one or should I make an affidavit ?

2. Is there a specific format for the proof of funds and importantly, for the balance that they ask OVER A PERIOD of 6 months, is that supposed to be shown as a single average figure or do we have to show balance for every month ?

3. I am not getting my employer references on the letter head; would an official email from my manager suffice, or would there be anything else that I might be requiring ?

Thanks in advance. Cheers !

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
any one claimed points on the basis of ACCA please share how you took WES equivalency ?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
mapleDream2014 said:
Hi Guys,

I have 438 points and my NOC is 2173; I am expecting an invitation in the next 15 days or so and hence I am preparing for the documentation. There are a few questions that I have and I would appreciate if people who have received the ITA & its checklist answer the same for accuracy:

1. Is the birth-certificate part of the checklist ? I don't have one. If yes, what should I do- i mean do I apply for a new one or should I make an affidavit ?

2. Is there a specific format for the proof of funds and importantly, for the balance that they ask OVER A PERIOD of 6 months, is that supposed to be shown as a single average figure or do we have to show balance for every month ?

3. I am not getting my employer references on the letter head; would an official email from my manager suffice, or would there be anything else that I might be requiring ?

Thanks in advance. Cheers !
1 - Yes it is part of it. If you can get new one than it should be in English, if not then get it translated and make an affidavit. At the time of invitation you should also send photocopy of Original BC along with translated affidavit of BC.

Alternaive: If you do not have Birth Certificates than 10th mark sheet will work as long as it has Your Date of Birth, Mother's Name and Father's Name with a Letter justifying why you are using 10th Mark-sheet (Your country was not issuing Certificates at that time Or you do not have have it some how.)

P.S. Try to get BC, if not possible then go with alternative.

2- No specific format for POF. Say for example you are single. So you need $12000 (rounded up) for POF. Below is how it will work(taken current month as submission month and supposing that your are providing Bank statement as POF for last 6 month):
Oct - 2014 $8675 Available balance in $ at end of every month
Nov - 2014 $9477
Dec - 2014 $10555
Jan - 2015 $11159
Feb - 2015 $11799
Mar -2015 $12001

So this will work.

3- That really grey part. It would be better if you can get a reference letter on plain paper with your duties signed by your manager (affidavit)(without letter head, as your employer is not willing to provide it)+ managers visiting card/business card + explanation letter signed by you(affidavit) + rejection email from your employer or signed letter from your employer that they don't provide no such document as it is against company's policy.

Hope this helps. :)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
pravatmail said:
Hi Guys,

while applying work permit I had shown an employer, but in EE I do not want to show that employer. Will there be any problem ?
If they finds out that you have not mentioned your employer name in Background check then for sure you will be in trouble of misrepresentation. Better to disclose every information truthfully.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
husainammar said:
Hello friends,

Please help me answer a few questions with my PR application for EE

1)For work experience I have 2.5 years of experience but 2 years was as a trainee engineer. Please note that I had graduated from uni and was on the job training where I worked full time with salary. I hope that this experience shouldn't be considered apprenticeship as CIC has particularly asked not to mention any apprenticeship period

2)In Application Profile details under Immigration history and Citizenship, there are two questions
Have I applied to CIC before? (Yes as I applied for PR under previous FSWP before EE)
Have I applied for PR before? (I have answered no although I applied for FSWP last year as it asks for PR file no and I did not get any as my application was returned initially)

3)Under Family Section
1) How much CAD funds that I have to show at least as a single person?
2) What is the definition of relatives? I don't think relatives include 1st cousins according to CIC

I will really appreciate if someone can answer these questions

Thank u,
Regards
Ammar
1 - By apprenticeship they mean experience you gained as part of your studies. If you were hired permanent full-time after graduation it should be ok. Though please confirm it with professional.

2 - Thats bit tricky. But I would say stick with what you have selected, if further explanation is asked provide with reason why did you selected those option. P.S. Even if you select "No" in both question it will be ok as CIC dont keep any details on returned file especially when it is returned because of missing document or overall CAP reach.

3- a - POFSource: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
b- Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a
parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

husainammar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Goku said:
1 - By apprenticeship they mean experience you gained as part of your studies. If you were hired permanent full-time after graduation it should be ok. Though please confirm it with professional.

2 - Thats bit tricky. But I would say stick with what you have selected, if further explanation is asked provide with reason why did you selected those option. P.S. Even if you select "No" in both question it will be ok as CIC dont keep any details on returned file especially when it is returned because of missing document or overall CAP reach.

3- a - POFSource: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
b- Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a
parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Thanks Goku, that helps me immensely

husainammar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hi,

Can someone please tell how much time it is taking for medical process including getting an appointment after receiving AOR? If someone especially from Canada can inform, that would be great :)

Regards,

Ammar

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
husainammar said:
Hi,

Can someone please tell how much time it is taking for medical process including getting an appointment after receiving AOR? If someone especially from Canada can inform, that would be great :)

Regards,

Ammar
Depends where in Canada are you located and how busy the clinic is. You have to call them to know answer to your question.

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
Is NOC 6235 eligible for express entry ?

Canadavisa.com CRS Calculator states that is not a SKILLED occupation and not eligible for EE.