27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding PCC. I contacted the BLS India in Toronto and they are going to take 4 weeks for PCC. I asked my dad and he can get the PCC from local police station in India in 2 days. Will that be a valid document or I have to go through BLS and wait for 4 weeks with them?. Anybody had any experience with PCC mailed from India?.

Thanks

goyal.maninder

Feb 13, 2017
Hi,

I've got ITA and residing in India. I have stayed in many Indian cities in the past 10 years. Do I need to get separate police clearance certificates (PCC) for each city of stay or will the PCC from Passport office be sufficient? Not sure, if passport office PCC covers all addresses in the past 10 years?

Can anyone who had similar experience please advise? I am really confused here.

Thanks in advance!
MP

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi,
I received an ITA last week. I live in the US but I am not a citizen. I completed the police report form and got my fingerprinting yesterday and then sent them to the FBI yesterday. How long do you think it takes to get the certificate? On their website, it says around 12-14 weeks but I want to learn about your experiences. Does anyone get his certificate early? I have only 85 days (12 weeks) left to complete my application. I'd very much appreciate if you could share your experiences. Thank you

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
goyal.maninder said:
Hi,

I've got ITA and residing in India. I have stayed in many Indian cities in the past 10 years. Do I need to get separate police clearance certificates (PCC) for each city of stay or will the PCC from Passport office be sufficient? Not sure, if passport office PCC covers all addresses in the past 10 years?

Can anyone who had similar experience please advise? I am really confused here.

Thanks in advance!
MP
PCC from PSK is good enough for your stay across cities in India.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
metal said:
Guys,

I have two questions:
1. My bachelors degree has name Afaq Mohammed Ayub Qazi, while my Masters degree has Afaq Qazi Mohammed Ayub. This is all due to previous passports with no Surname and they just shuffled my surname between Qazi and Ayub. My question is do I need to mention this is my Application that there is a name change? and provide legal documents to prove it? If so, what all documents will I require. PS: All the passports (new and old) have correct Names except the most recent old one.
2. What should I write in canadian equivalency for Degree's that are not considered equivalent as per canadian education system? Should I even mention that ECA done in last 5 years for this degree? Or should I just select No as option?

Thanks
1. Use an LOE to explain.
2. Answer No to ECA

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding PCC. I contacted the BLS India in Toronto and they are going to take 4 weeks for PCC. I asked my dad and he can get the PCC from local police station in India in 2 days. Will that be a valid document or I have to go through BLS and wait for 4 weeks with them?. Anybody had any experience with PCC mailed from India?.

Thanks
Since you have time, I would suggest to get it from BLS Toronto, unless anyone else who has had the experience has a different view.

Feb 15, 2017
Hello there,

I need some help and motivation...

I recently got my ITA and I'm stuck with getting my experience letter from my current employer.

Will it do if I get a notarized letter from some of my colleague along with his/her business card ? What are the chances of rejection even if all the details are as per CIC requirement ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
feelingCrazy123 said:
Hello there,

I need some help and motivation...

I recently got my ITA and I'm stuck with getting my experience letter from my current employer.

Will it do if I get a notarized letter from some of my colleague along with his/her business card ? What are the chances of rejection even if all the details are as per CIC requirement ?
Check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

Feb 15, 2017
Stanlee said:
Check this thread canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html
Hi Stanlee,

Last night I went through the entire thread you mentioned above. I think I will proceed with the below documents to fix the work experience problem:

1. Experience/reference letter from my supervisor (notarized) along with supervisor's business card & (i-card copy if possible)
2. A copy of email from HR stating that experience letter is only given after separation
3. Offer letter, Joining letter, annual increment letters and promotion letters
4. quarterly pay stubs for each year of my work exp, along with bank statement showing salary credit
5. PF statement of each year.
6. Mention my situation in LOE and Pray that it works out.

Would the above documents suffice ?

I really appreciate your help... I can imagine the pains you took to get all the information in place in the above link..
God Bless You

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I have a question about background checks. How long can your application take if you are stuck in a background check?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rajeev12 said:
I have a question about background checks. How long can your application take if you are stuck in a background check?
infinite. It is beyond the control of IRCC and they depend on external agencies.

raisonar

Feb 16, 2017
Hi,
I am applying for EE under FSW. My score is coming around 77 including my spouse marks.
I am a graduate and has good language and experience scores.
My Spouse is post graduate and but she has not so good language scores. So i am applying as principal applicant.
My main query is whether do i need to get ECA for my spouse's both graduate and post graduate degrees as it carries 10 points. Or it is not mandatory for her.
I also want to ask that my CRS score is coming around 415 (without a job offer), is there any way to include my spouse job offer and work experience in that score??

Thanks in advance.

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi,
I have a question about the proof of financial support. I have a leased car here in the U.S. and I am still paying its monthly lease payments. Does it show up in my bank letter? Can it have a negative effect on my application?
Thank you

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
I have a question...if my Masters is considered equivalent to Canadian Master Degree from non recognised institution and you have entered the ECA number, does the calculator take the score accordingly or won’t it be considered as additional points?