+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
I want to ask again my questions:
Granadoespada said:
I have some qyestions

1. Will my bank draft from my FSW application be returned to me(I sent my FSW application December 14 2014, I don't think it beat the quota for NOC 3012 Registered Nurses because it became full) . I'm going to get it back, right?

2. I applied for EE NOC 3012 Registered Nurses. I studied architecture(WES said Bachelors Degree)...am I supposed to get points for that even though my main education is my Nursing degree equal to only 2 years Diploma? Yes, right?

3. I'm in the UK currently working as Adaptation Nurse because I'm still in the process of becoming a Registered Nurse here. I should declare it, right? But it's not counted as Registered Nurse experience, right?

4. After the first draw, the top scorers will be gone, right? So the new top scorers will have a lower score, right?

5. Just input the WES Ref # into EE and they will know the result of my WES ECA, right? It's electronically linked just like the IELTS scores, right?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
prosanjitpaul said:
Thank you mf4361. But actually im thinking that should I wait for EE or to go for PNP?
Why not both? You can have your profile in EE pool while PNP in the process. If PNP goes through, you can update the profile and claim PNP points (don't quote me yet) or withdraw EE profile and go with standard PNP.

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
Express Entry processing times

I saw one the CIC website that "You will be in the pool for one year from the day you get in." I thought it was suppose to be 6 months? Can someone please explain. Thanks.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
stealth08 said:
Express Entry processing times

I saw one the CIC website that "You will be in the pool for one year from the day you get in." I thought it was suppose to be 6 months? Can someone please explain. Thanks.
Your profile sits in the pool for 1 year unless you get drawn from the pool within that time. If you still haven't you can resubmit for another year I believe.

6 Months is the target that CIC have set to process the majority of PR applications received after a candidate has been drawn from the pool and been issued an ITA.

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
doubleym said:
Your profile sits in the pool for 1 year unless you get drawn from the pool within that time. If you still haven't you can resubmit for another year I believe.

6 Months is the target that CIC have set to process the majority of PR applications received after a candidate has been drawn from the pool and been issued an ITA.
Thank you

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
One more question.

I was not eligible in my first attempt. Automatically a new empty profile appeared and I have just under 60 days to complete it. The issue is, that I still have to get ECA for my degrees, this will take a while. If I don't submit by 60 days, will I get another chance?

munnakha05

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hi,
I am working as TA/RA (phd 3rd year) which is 19 hr/week. But considering 2 years experience it is more than one year full time experience.
For TA/RA work permit is not required. During CRS point calculation they award me point for 1 year Can experience but in EE profile it was not counted. So, this experience has no value in EE point? But why? My job is under NOC category A.

How to solve this problem? My point is only 373 but with Canadian exp it is 400+

Please suugest.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
munnakha05 said:
Hi,
I am working as TA/RA (phd 3rd year) which is 19 hr/week. But considering 2 years experience it is more than one year full time experience.
For TA/RA work permit is not required. During CRS point calculation they award me point for 1 year Can experience but in EE profile it was not counted. So, this experience has no value in EE point? But why? My job is under NOC category A.

How to solve this problem? My point is only 373 but with Canadian exp it is 400+

Please suugest.
I don't believe TA/RA experience is counted, other people have had this issue.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
doubleym said:
I don't believe TA/RA experience is counted, other people have had this issue.
I believe this is because CRS matrix doesn't count any experiences while in full-time study. TA/RA works are always during study (correct?) so it isn't being count. That's my guess.

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

Section 15. (7)
(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
mf4361 said:
Why not both? You can have your profile in EE pool while PNP in the process. If PNP goes through, you can update the profile and claim PNP points (don't quote me yet) or withdraw EE profile and go with standard PNP.
How do you get the PNP nomination?

Do you just change the answer about PNP to 'Yes nominated' And that's it?!

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
springchicken said:
How do you get the PNP nomination?

Do you just change the answer about PNP to 'Yes nominated' And that's it?!
You can't just change that, provinces need to confirm your nomination in the EE system.

Essentially something we've come to learn is that anyone with a pre-existing PNP nomination cannot use it to claim 600 points except in perhaps a very few cases for only a couple of provinces.
It appears that most provinces haven't fully sorted out their EE integration.

For example, with BC PNP, you have to submit normally, the old fashioned paper way if your PNP nomination application was made before EE was introduced.

saujss

Jan 22, 2015
Re: Please help

saujss said:
Hi,

I am filling my express entry profile under code 2174. Could someone please help me on below -

1) Under Work experience section - I have onshore and offshore experience within one company. Do I need to enter each specific detail splitting the duration by adding new rows for one company? Same query if someone got promoted in one company.
2) Under Immigration history and citizenship - I already applied under FSW but looks like cap was full and so I am applying under express entry now. So if I say 'Yes', system asks for Unique Client Identifier which I do not have and is a compulsory field. What should I do?
3) I am the primary applicant and applying for my Spouse as well. She does not have ECA as of now and have just requested to WES. I do not think I am getting these points in January draw. My question is will her ECA points be considered when I try to update profile after I get her ECA and before next draw?
4) Do we have any date on first draw EE in Jan?

Thanks for reading. Please help!!