+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

msmita28

Aug 20, 2015
reference letter : work

hi,
I am applying for Canada Express entry visa. I am working to get reference letters. I have worked for 10 yrs in dell AND 3 years in Wipro.
Do I need reference from both companies?
MY consultant is insisting on getting reference letters on letter from the company.
However here is the problem
1. Dell: I am not sure if Dell will a reference letter and my current manager is out side India. How else can I get a reference letter.
2 Wipro: this was 10 years back. None of my ex colleagues are still with Wipro. I don't think i will get a reference letter from the company. Can a written letter be issued by ex-colleague be used.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nymphche said:
Can i use the cse on this kind of situation? Coz i thought i could just use that for specific reason mentioned there?..im starting to worry. thank you so much...i hope cic will consider.
Of course you can use CSE in such a situation. I hope you get a positive reply from them :) . I wish you all the very best!!

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Hi All,

Just before submitting my application I decided to go through the whole form again. I noticed something weird in there.

Under the study and languages / Official language section, for the question" Can XXXX communicate in English and/or French" ?
Even though I selected English, the next question is "Has XXXX taken an approved language test to assess their French skills?

Moreover, If I select yes for this, the exam options are IELTS or CELIP
This exist both in the primary applicant as well as spouse section.

Maybe I did not noticed this earlier as this part was auto filled.

Have anybody else seen something similar in their application?
Any suggestion what I should do?
Should I just ignore and move on with my application?

Please Help !!!!!

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sweta1125 said:
Hi All,

Just before submitting my application I decided to go through the whole form again. I noticed something weird in there.

Under the study and languages / Official language section, for the question" Can XXXX communicate in English and/or French" ?
Even though I selected English, the next question is "Has XXXX taken an approved language test to assess their French skills?

Moreover, If I select yes for this, the exam options are IELTS or CELIP
This exist both in the primary applicant as well as spouse section.

Maybe I did not noticed this earlier as this part was auto filled.

Have anybody else seen something similar in their application?
Any suggestion what I should do?
Should I just ignore and move on with my application?

Please Help !!!!!
Yes, it's an error that has been around for a while!
Since I didn't notice it before I sent my application, I just selected IETLS and gave my scores.
Certainly it happened to several people and I just hope they will ignore it. There is no way to change it and CIC has been notified, so I think it should be fine.

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Duskyblue said:
Yes, it's an error that has been around for a while!
Since I didn't notice it before I sent my application, I just selected IETLS and gave my scores.
Certainly it happened to several people and I just hope they will ignore it. There is no way to change it and CIC has been notified, so I think it should be fine.
Thanks!!!

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
cyronn said:
Thanks Shah! This does suck a bit.. We were hoping that my wife's qualification gets a professional degree equivalent and so that we could then decide who becomes the Primary applicant. For professional qualifications I am assuming we will need some sort of licensing once again in Canada to be able to work. Any chance of getting that license before emigrating? I have tried going through the NCA website but can't find anything regarding it being used for immigration. From the looks of it NCA is for people who have landed in Canada and then want to work.
Cyronn,
Your start is exactly similar to mine. The only difference in our case was, we both were Architects, so ECA was not the guiding factor to decide who should be the Primary Applicant...but IELTS surely was, and also the fact that my wife was a year younger than me...which adds another 5 points to your CRS. However my IELTS score superseded her gain of 5 additional scores and I had to be the Principal-applicant.

I would suggest go for a quick check on the WES online tool...and whatever it says...would be the case. So dont crack your brain more on that.

Regarding professional-accreditation/Licensing in Canada...you are absolutely right. Unfortunately we will have to appear for the Tests & interviews for getting yourselves Licensed to practice as Architects. I dont know about your-discipline but for Architecture, we can not appear for the Tests & Interviews from outside Canada....One needs to have local-Work experience, know-how of the byelaws of the land...and then only can appear for the Tests.

Life is not going to be EASY for us...atleast in the beginning.

All the best to all of us.

Cheers, and wait for the scores to drop down.

Shah

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Hi,

Can we go for medical tests proactively just before getting ITA? :(
and any IME number is required for doing medical tests or only passport is enough?
is this would eventually help us to meet some deadlines? :D

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
indpreet said:
Hi Experts,

Can anyone please clarify me, which french test (TEF/DELF/DALF) is valid for Canada immigration?

Regards
It is TEF

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
drkv78 said:
Hi,

Can we go for medical tests proactively just before getting ITA? :(
and any IME number is required for doing medical tests or only passport is enough?
is this would eventually help us to meet some deadlines? :D
I would suggest you to wait for ITA. It will be good to do meds closely before submitting the application after ITA.
Passport should be enough.
I hope you have gathered all the other required docs. Meds is least of the worry. Just book an appointment and you should be done.

hae1234

Jan 21, 2015
Hi

is it possible to have an ineligible profile then be changed into eligible after?even without updating or changing?

Thanks

kyxy

Aug 20, 2015
Hi guys, I have something to ask.

When you qualify for FSWP (passed the 67/100), are we still subjected to CRS? When I read the EE guidelines, it made me believe that YES we are still subjected to CRS. But if you think of it, one of the FSWP criteria is having arranged employment in Canada. Therefore prior to passing the 67/100 mark you should either have arranged employment or nothing at all.

Lets say you don't have arranged employment but you passed the 67 mark (remember passing 67 is easy, arranged employment only cost 10 points that is only 10% of the total FSWP). It would not make sense passing FSWP requirement and fail big time on CRS because of the -600 additional points (which is 50% of the CRS). Furthermore, they are requiring settlement funds in case you don't have an employer. So does this settlement fund makes up for your inability to find an employer?

TIA

GP_Canadian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
cvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/nov/2014
Nomination.....
5/feb/2015
AOR Received.
16/mar/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
22/may/2015
Med's Done....
27/may/2015
Hello Guys,

I have One question regarding EE for my friend.
He has done Diploma(3years) after 10th and then lateral entry in B.tech(3yrs).
I want to Know whether he has to go for ECA for both and if yes then how.(what options to choose).
Also can we use both these 2 diplomas/degrees of 3 years, thus claiming 128 points.

Regards,
Gurpreet Singh

gupti

Jun 28, 2014
Hi All,

I had a question about the spousal employment reference letters that are required. On the completeness check on CIC webpage it says that the principal applicant must provide the letters for their work experience and it states that THE SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER (IF WORK EXPERIENCE IN CANADA IS CLAIMED).

None of this work experience is in Canada or is being used to gain points for the CRS score. On the document checklist however the CIC has requested employment reference letters for this experience??

Any clarity much appreciated as it seems to be very murky.

Cheers,
Gup

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupti said:
Hi All,

I had a question about the spousal employment reference letters that are required. On the completeness check on CIC webpage it says that the principal applicant must provide the letters for their work experience and it states that THE SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER (IF WORK EXPERIENCE IN CANADA IS CLAIMED).

None of this work experience is in Canada or is being used to gain points for the CRS score. On the document checklist however the CIC has requested employment reference letters for this experience??

Any clarity much appreciated as it seems to be very murky.

Cheers,
Gup
The system doesn't auto-detect if the experience was acquired inside or outside Canada. If the experience was outside Canada, you can choose to leave it out completely and you'll not be prompted for any documentation in the checklist.