Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
I answered Yes because in my letter of acceptance it says that I have to fulfill my TA duties and undertake research.

Nenyee99

Feb 21, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nigeria
I answered no, I think it's specifically for those with co-op in their curriculum.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
My letter of acceptance has the following line about funding -

You have been awarded financial support in the amount of $X per annum. Depending on the nature of your program and provided that you maintain your eligibility, this amount is guaranteed for one year and normally renewable for a second year for two-year master’s programs and three additional years for doctoral programs. If any of the funding on the Program of Study form is designated as Assistantship, you will be required to work for this
funding.

In my Program of Study form, the Financial Package details are divided into four sub fields - "Supervisor Grant", "Assistantship", "University Baseline" and "Other"

The "Assistantship" and "Other" field remains empty while, the "Supervisor Grant" and "University baseline" contains funding amount that makes the overall financial package.

Based on above information, what would you advise? Should I select a yes or a no to that question?

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Hold on. I misunderstood.
What do you mean by work? I meant that it is things to do besides my classes. IF you talking about work for money as a private person, I do not know.

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Sorry bro, I do not know. Do not listen to me.
Ask your uni advisor, he/she must give you the answer to this question.

I have the following in my LOA
All full-time students (domestic and international) admitted to a PhD program of UBC's Vancouver campus receive a minimum level of
funding of at least $18,000 for each of the first four years of their program. The funding package may consist of any combination of
external or internal scholarships, research assistantships, teaching assistantships, or income from other academically-related work at
UBC (e.g. graduate administrative assistantships, lectureships). At the request of the student, income from other employment in the
field of the student's research may be considered part of the funding package, whether the work occurs on or off campus. Students may
be required to disclose their sources and amounts of university employment income or scholarship funding, as well as other income
sources to the graduate program, and must inform the program immediately of any new or additional funding sources. See
https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/minimum-funding-policy-phd-students for full details.

ChemIsr

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Israel
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
BC PNP Inland
AOR Received.
14-10-2023
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
No
Thanks mate, would anyone else having experience in this matter like to shed some light on my above post. I would highly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Sam
Bro, ask a uni asvusor. I do not want to let you down with bad advice

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
Guys, I had one simple query, there is one question on study permit questionnaire that ask "Is work an essential component of your studies?".

My question: Those who are enrolled for a funded research program, do they have to answer this question yes or no?

If we select yes, it asks for documentation for "Evidence of Work Requirement" to be uploaded? I'm really confused, as I will be receiving funding from a Canadian university during my studies.

Or is this option only applicable for those having Co-Op in their curriculum?

Please advise.

If you don't have a co-op, the answer is no.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
What about the proof of funds, should we show the funding as proof of funds? I heard that Visa Officer is interested in seeing liquid cash which is available to you.

I heard some of the people stating that you can't use "future funding" or something you may get after registration as proof of funds, which is not also not readily available.

Is that so?

laksh17

Aug 26, 2020
PhD in Aerospace Engineering
Start term: Fall 2020
Applied on August 14, 2020
Just the generic biometric notification on August 15. No update after that.

milkury

Nov 18, 2020
PhD applicant for Québec o/
Started winter term online.
Lab work required, so hopefully I'll be off to Canada soon...

timeline:
Applied for student visa on 11 november (online application - from Brazil)
biometrics asked on 18 november
upfront medical exam.
medical exam approved on 14 january
biometrics given on january 18, approved on the same day (VACs were closed until mid december)
it says "final decision - your application was approved"
But still says that they're reviewing my eligibility and back ground check (??)
Got PPR (passport request) 28 january
sent passport to VAC 29 january

milkury

Nov 18, 2020
What about the proof of funds, should we show the funding as proof of funds? I heard that Visa Officer is interested in seeing liquid cash which is available to you.

I heard some of the people stating that you can't use "future funding" or something you may get after registration as proof of funds, which is not also not readily available.

Is that so?
I only attached my scholarship proof and that was it. Got PPR.