+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Pakistanis studying in Memorial university Newfoundland?

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
Ali tumharay saath kaafi Pakistani Aur Indians Hoongay , to un ki percentages waghera kya hai ???

and MUN ka selection Criteria lenient hai ?

My undergraduate %age is 70.45 , so is it sufficient according to you Ali for M.Eng Course Based Program ??

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Hi Osama,
well I was around 75% in UET, Lahore but there are many other factors that count. For example good work experience. in case of Master in engg. Management - MEM (my course) it does matter.

Your academics look good to go as a_a_d said.

Well you r correct that MUN is 1 of the cheapest univ in Canada BUT . . . please review the fees for the course based programs in

- MEM
- Oil n Gas Engg n few more

They come under special fees. n i think that fees is really special. :-X 22000 CAD just fees of the program - is a good amount.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get Halal meat and stuff. Its not that readily available in stores but there are a bunch of stores that have that. And you can get the traditional spices and all too. Thats not an issue. You might want to check the total Tution fee again. I guess for MEng - O & G its around 14000 CAD per year. Double check it from the university website. :)

And yes.. The greatest advantage of MUN is the low tution Fee :)

mohammad91

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
a_a_d said:
Its not just me. :)
We are a small bunch of Pakistanis here at MUN.

Try searching "Pakistani Students Association - Memorial University of Newfoundland" and you can find our page. :)

Anyway, you can ask questions at this Forum that will be a lot more helpful. :)

Hey Hi,
Just read the blog, i am also trying to apply at mun for the winter semester, i have got the admission and i am from pakistan. Just need to know about the same question everyone is concerned about in more detail. Can you please tell me what is the issue with jobs there, i know there is a 6 months probationary period before applying for work permit, but still many of the students would need to work before that. So what to do in that case ???????????, please help
You could also give me ur personal email so that i could get back to you.

kismail96

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am Khalid from Pakistan. I am also targeting MEng - Oil & Gas. My Profile:
BE Mechanical 68.81%
IELTS 7 Overall (L8-R6-W7-S7)
Overall Experience 5 Years (Recent 2+ years in Oil & Gas Sector)

What are my chances?
Anything that can enhance my chances to get admission in MUN, please share.
And what about Jobs there? :p

Thanks

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone!

One of the reasons I have my email address mentioned here is because if I dont check the Forum, drop me an email. Its hard to continue this thing while your in the office till 6pm in the evening :p

shanrisy

Sep 16, 2015
a_a_d said:
Hello Everyone!

One of the reasons I have my email address mentioned here is because if I dont check the Forum, drop me an email. Its hard to continue this thing while your in the office till 6pm in the evening :p
Hello,

Ali Dawood bro

I want to apply in Memorial University for Bachelor of Business Accounting, I have done FSC-pre-eng. Can you help me with the more details, like fees, accommodation, lifestyle, can we work there while studying ?

PLease provide me your email address so I can directly contact you.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shanrisy said:
Hello,

Ali Dawood bro

I want to apply in Memorial University for Bachelor of Business Accounting, I have done FSC-pre-eng. Can you help me with the more details, like fees, accommodation, lifestyle, can we work there while studying ?

PLease provide me your email address so I can directly contact you.
Sure Thing. Give me a couple of days. Im kind of stuck with work. Will get back to you asap IA.

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was thinking of applying to MUN for masters of environmental studies,but after hearing about their special fee charge,high unemployment rate and many other things I am not gonna apply.
I am now considering Dalhousia, UPEI, UNB and probbaly will apply to regina too.
Good luck to all of u :)

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there all

I got in memorial in MEM program. Embassy got me late and could not reach in time. Now when I asked for my deferral letter they told prog future is uncertain so no new deferrals......what to do now? what to give to embassy if they demand a new letter?

What about Letter of enrolment and would it work?

Beckyem

Aug 16, 2015
Hello,anyone studying or studied Bachelors in Business Administration in MUN? I need help with non elective courses to choose,thank you

Hassan1991

Nov 19, 2015
Hi,

I have applied for MASc Oil And Gas Engineering course based at the Memorial University.

My profile is
2.82/4 overall GPA
3.23/4 last two year GPA
IELTS 7 band with not band less than 6.5

do I have any chance of getting into Memorial University?
thanks.