+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Pakistanis studying in Memorial university Newfoundland?

xtremist

Jan 9, 2011
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Request
02-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2012
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-2012
there is one member a a d but many of my friends studying there what you wana know

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Hi there,

I'm also planing to go to MUN this fall. Secured admission in MEM, not yet applied for visa. Sabby what's ur profile ?

@ xtremist

most common query; how's the jobs market of newfoundland after graduation ? well heard of high unemployment.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not just me. :)
We are a small bunch of Pakistanis here at MUN.

Try searching "Pakistani Students Association - Memorial University of Newfoundland" and you can find our page. :)

Anyway, you can ask questions at this Forum that will be a lot more helpful. :)

sabby476

May 11, 2012
i got admission in the Bachelor of science and waiting for Alevels result in august then they will decide whether i am eligible for the engineering program or not.
@a_a_d I heard there are no off campus part time jobs in Saint john's is that true? and what are you studying there?

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
@ a_a_d and Jibz

I have done B.Eng in Petrochemical in Engineering from NED University, 70.45% (Equivalent to 3.4 CGPA according to my university grading criteria ) is my undergraduate percentage.

I have applied in University of Regina in Process Systems Engineering this fall and also willing to apply in Memorial University

So what are the chances in Regina and in Memorial also........

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
Please tell me the chances of my admission ... I submit an excellent SOP with a good Resume , and I hope the reference of letters will also be good ..

kingwajeeh

Jan 31, 2012
You can get admission easily in mun but you have to eligible mun requirement.they will take approximately 2 months to give admission :'(

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Hi Osama,

As far as MUN is concerned I think you can secure admission in M. in Oil n Gas - if you apply for course based program. Cant say anything about Regina.

a_a_d can give u a better case studies.

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
@ Jibzz

What is your undergraduate percentage ?

Is this percentage is sufficient for securing admission in MUN

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby476 said:
i got admission in the Bachelor of science and waiting for Alevels result in august then they will decide whether i am eligible for the engineering program or not.
@ a_a_d I heard there are no off campus part time jobs in Saint john's is that true? and what are you studying there?
No there are off-campus jobs here. Its just a matter of looking around and be aware so that you are not late for that. Its because alot of other students are looking for a job too so you have to be quick at applying. But the thing is, you need to have a work permit and you eligible for that after 6 months of residency here in Canada.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
osamaobz said:
Please tell me the chances of my admission ... I submit an excellent SOP with a good Resume , and I hope the reference of letters will also be good ..
You have good academic credentials and you can fancy your chances of admission at MUN. Tell me, are you considering a Course Based Program or a Research Based Program ?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can manage the funds required for that, you really have a good chance of Admission!