+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one ??

mansehra

Apr 12, 2012
Dear friends in same boat and some in the next boat 

My story is like this. And I hope, someone out there can guide me or give me best option.

I am a Bachelors (3years) Masters(1year) in Computers and have 6 years experience in computer/telecom/cellular networks. I am in the UK and will get UK nationality in 2 years’ time.

But my family (parents and younger brothers) have recently moved to Alberta,Canada from Pakistan,. Initially I was also in the same application as dependent but since I moved to UK and got married, my application was revoked as I was no longer dependent.

I want to join my family in Canada somehow, I don’t qualify in Federal and Quebec ( according to my calculations) And also family sponsorship doesn’t apply on me.

The only option (That I see ) is the education path. First do a Masters from Canada and find work and apply for CEC or PNP or Quebec.

Can some one guide me please? Which route should I go for and which province. CEC or Quebec. I think in the CEC it will take 2 + 1 years. I am not sure about Quebec. My friend told me that If I can do a degree from Quebec 1 year program, then can apply for Quebec select candidate. They need a French course which I am was told is easy.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to get UK nationality, you still have two years to prepare your immigration to Canada. Spend those two years studying French and then apply under Quebec skilled worker. You don't need a job offer but you need to promise that you will settle in Quebec and you should at least start out there although there is no requirement that you must live there forever.

Other than that, you are right, your options are study or job offer. Studying is expensive when you are an international student. Job offers are hard to get.

One more option is if your family moves to Saskatchewan or Manitoba, after they live there for a year, they can sponsor you and your wife under the family stream PNP.