+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one who sponsor a minor child....please help

sajan

Mar 9, 2008
Dear PMM and forum,

Is there any one on board who have sponsored their small baby to Canada? I will appreciate if you can kindly share your experience with me. I am really confused and don’t know which forms I need to fill and sign being a sponsor.

Please let me know the forms that I need to fill and sign from inside Canada.

Which forms will be filled for the baby and who will sign the forms? Can I do it on his behalf?

The fee table is so complicated and don’t understand the exact amount that needs to be paid.

Or pl advised me any consultant or lawyer in Toronto who can help me in filling the forms.

Please help me as I am really in tension considering it a simple issue but getting too long.

Thank you.

advisor

Mar 9, 2008
be patient my dear, as it is not that easy process as you think but more complicated. First you have to fill the forms followed by processing in canada and then by the country of your residence. In short the process will take 7 or 8 more months to complete. I dont want to discourge you but really dont consider it a simple process. May be PMM will confirm to you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sajan said:
Dear PMM and forum,

Is there any one on board who have sponsored their small baby to Canada? I will appreciate if you can kindly share your experience with me. I am really confused and don't know which forms I need to fill and sign being a sponsor.

Please let me know the forms that I need to fill and sign from inside Canada.

Which forms will be filled for the baby and who will sign the forms? Can I do it on his behalf?

The fee table is so complicated and don't understand the exact amount that needs to be paid.

Or pl advised me any consultant or lawyer in Toronto who can help me in filling the forms.

Please help me as I am really in tension considering it a simple issue but getting too long.

Thank you.
1. Where is the child? What is your status, it makes a difference if you are a PR or a Citizen, I assume you are a PR as the child would be a citizen if you were when it was born.
2. You can try to get a TRV (Visitor visa) for the child if it's citizenship makes it non-visa exempt, but it is quite likely that it will be refused. If you get a TRV, the application can be processed in Canada.
3. One of the parents will probably have to return to Canada and submit a sponsorship application to Mississauga, and then if approved the application will be sent to the office where the child is residing. One of the parents can sign the forms on the childs behalf.
4. Follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
5. Here are the average processing times for dependent children: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/06-fc-children.asp

PMM

novy

Aug 8, 2011
sponsor a child

Hello. I would greatly appreciate your assistance/advise in the below matter.
I am an Egyptian currently married to a Canadian Citizen. He will sponsor me so that I can accompany him in Canada. However, i was married before and have a minor son. My Canadian husband agrees to sponsor my son as well (currently his dependent) but i am worried how complicated the process will be; given the fact that my current husband is not my son's biological father. Please let me know your advise.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: sponsor a child

novy said:
Hello. I would greatly appreciate your assistance/advise in the below matter.
I am an Egyptian currently married to a Canadian Citizen. He will sponsor me so that I can accompany him in Canada. However, i was married before and have a minor son. My Canadian husband agrees to sponsor my son as well (currently his dependent) but i am worried how complicated the process will be; given the fact that my current husband is not my son's biological father. Please let me know your advise.
the fact that your son is not biologically your husband is not the problem the only issue you may run into is the biological dad not giving consent for the minor child to come to canada and that has to be included there is a consent form that the non accompanying parent has to sign in order for a minor to migrate to canada