+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any One in University of Alberta here???

ihassan

Apr 5, 2012
ashant said:
Hi Beautiful people,

Is there any one out there waiting for a decision From UoA?? I applied MSc (thesis- based) for fall 2012.
Pls drop your comments. ;)
hello Asant,

As I am not allowed for sending personal mesage now, I am answering here. And sorry for late as I have some technical problem.

They receive my application package on 18 Jan (may be) and they notified me that I am recommended for admission on 15 Feb through email. My program is Statistics(thesis). It is good to know that you applied in the same department.

Which country/university do you come from?

Thanks.
ihassan

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
I have applied to U of A for MSc Petroleum Engineering. My documents were receive in their office on March 07. I am waiting for their reply.

I am from Mechanical background with more than 1 year experience in Oil and Gas sector.

How you guys see my position? When should I expect a reply from them?

ashant

Feb 26, 2012
@ ihassan...Thanks for replying. its good to hear from you. Yes, I applied for biostatistics (thesis based). just some few courses diff from yours..They received my online application on feb 1st and all documents on feb 22nd. I have been on decision pending all the while...I am from nigeria and i studied statistics from university of lagos.

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
@ tornado13

we can comment on chances of admission only when we can secure our's :) keep following up on this thread, hopefully u'll be seeing results within a week

ashant

Feb 26, 2012
@ jibz..yes, u are right guy!
@tornado , go ahead and apply , u will get admission. ALL IZZ WELL .
@ inam..is ur course thesis based?
@all...Did any1 of you contact ur program co-ordinator..and what was their response??

tornado13

Mar 23, 2012
:) ..I have submitted my preliminary application since they have only MSc for winter intake. Should I wait for them to respond for my pre application? Or should I submit my formal application without waitin?. Pls advice.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
ashant said:
@ jibz..yes, u are right guy!
@ tornado , go ahead and apply , u will get admission. ALL IZZ WELL .
@ inam..is ur course thesis based?
@ all...Did any1 of you contact ur program co-ordinator..and what was their response??
Yeah Its Thesis based. Course based is not offered this year.

ihassan

Apr 5, 2012
Yes I also think so. I hope, you all will get positive reply soon. I got reply within less than a month...Alberta is very fast in replying. I think they are taking more time for your cases because you applied at the finishing time of the application period and they may be assessing a lot of applications at this time.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
ihassan said:
Yes I also think so. I hope, you all will get positive reply soon. I got reply within less than a month...Alberta is very fast in replying. I think they are taking more time for your cases because you applied at the finishing time of the application period and they may be assessing a lot of applications at this time.
Yeah ihassan you are right, The admission load is at its peak near the deadline. My application was on hold just because my TOEFL score has not reached their office on time.

I hope we all get a positive reply soon.

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Hi,

any update Nedian0607 and Hopeful.ad ? My status at BearTracks is still "Decision Pending", however I received a reply from Richard Groulx saying

"Your application for admission to the Engineering Management Program in the department of Mechanical Engineering has been received and carefully considered by the Review Committee. I regret to inform you that the department is not able to recommend admission.

There is quality in every application that goes to the Review Committee but competition for the available seats is quite strong. Only the very top applications are selected. We thank you for your interest in the University of Alberta and best wishes for your future career plans."

Hasbi Allah o Nemalwakeel :)

Now I'm thinking of going ahead with MEM at MUN. What do you guys suggest ? Is it worth to pay 22000 CAD as fees at with living its somewhere 35500 CAD for almost 14 - 16 months. It worth to go for in Newfoundland? What's the update at your end and what options u'll be going with ?

ahmad36

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I am a student of final year civil engineering. I have applied for the M.Sc. Structural Engineering in Alberta for the winter term 2013.Any one here who can tell when should i expect to get response and comment about about my chances of getting in.Help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.