+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one hear from refugee board for hearing date or document request?

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hello all asylum seekers,
Did any one receive an update of his/her refugee claimant?

My friend applied on December 2019 and Her sister received a letter to submit supporting documents in two weeks, and submitted documents in October 2020.

Her sister is still waiting and no update on her claim.

Any one recently got hearing date, or any other update to share their timeline please?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all asylum seekers,
Did any one receive an update of his/her refugee claimant?

My friend applied on December 2019 and Her sister received a letter to submit supporting documents in two weeks, and submitted documents in October 2020.

Her sister is still waiting and no update on her claim.

Any one recently got hearing date, or any other update to share their timeline please?
Wait times have increased dramatically due to covid so nobody can give you a accurate timeline. If your friend has been considered as an expedited case it may still take 6-12 months. Could be earlier but also could be longer if not being considered for expedited processing. Only thing you can do is wait.

• Love
Reactions: Ex ツ

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
Wait times have increased dramatically due to covid so nobody can give you a accurate timeline. If your friend has been considered as an expedited case it may still take 6-12 months. Could be earlier but also could be longer if not being considered for expedited processing. Only thing you can do is wait.
Is it written somewhere "expedited processing" in On-Line Services to know this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it written somewhere "expedited processing" in On-Line Services to know this?
Those who are on the expedited list will be asked to send in supporting documents. In most cases they will continue with expedited processing and it will be determined if they need an interview or not.

• Love
Reactions: Ex ツ

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
In my case they asked for supporting documents however they never stated its expedited processing and now my hearing with one month notice. could anyone help me with preparation and any idea what question will they asked ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In my case they asked for supporting documents however they never stated its expedited processing and now my hearing with one month notice. could anyone help me with preparation and any idea what question will they asked ?
The questions are generally related to your Basis of Claim.

Are you working with a lawyer?

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
So my time line

Sep 2019 claim

Nov 2019 selected as file review process and i send the supporting document and certificate of readiness

Nov 2020 they called my lawyer and asked him if he had time for hearing on a day in early march 2021 but did not send any letter foe scheduled hearing yet.
I am from expedicted country by high acceptance rate.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
The questions are about your claim only. The member wants to know what happened, and whats going on.

Can you share your timeline as well please. When you apply, when they asked for documents, and how long after submitting support document you got the letter about the hearing. Thanks.

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
The questions are about your claim only. The member wants to know what happened, and whats going on.

Can you share your timeline as well please. When you apply, when they asked for documents, and how long after submitting support document you got the letter about the hearing. Thanks.

Applied in Feb 2020
Evidence asked on August 2020
Evidence submit on Sep 2020
Hearing date Dec 2020

I'm invited for virtual hearing

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Applied in Feb 2020
Evidence asked on August 2020
Evidence submit on Sep 2020
Hearing date Dec 2020

I'm invited for virtual hearing
Did they send you hearing date in mail? Or just call your lawyer about date? And did they ask you to sign papers for accepting virtual hearing?