+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any One From Pak Who Stayed At London for More than 12 Hours on Way to Canada?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
I am Going to Book a Flight Which have a Stay at London For 22 Hours . One of my Friend at Agency told me that They wont let you board from Pakistan If you Dont have a Transit visa for London.

Is there anyone who have such experience ?

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
I'm British and can hopefully clear this up for you.

From Pakistan, if you arrive at a UK airport, stay airside and leave on another plane without clearing immigration you will need a "transit visa".

If (as is your case) you arrive, leave the airport but do not stay in the UK more than 48 hours you need a "visitor in transit visa".

You can read about it here.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-to-transit-landside/

It is vital that if you do intend to travel via London, either on a connecting flight or by staying for a day, you get one of these visas.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a valid US or Canadian visa, you're allowed to to stay in the airport without a transit visa for 24 hours if you have a valid visa and ticket
Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/
Check the below section for Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions

Hope this helps.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
moorw003 said:
I'm British and can hopefully clear this up for you.

From Pakistan, if you arrive at a UK airport, stay airside and leave on another plane without clearing immigration you will need a "transit visa".

If (as is your case) you arrive, leave the airport but do not stay in the UK more than 48 hours you need a "visitor in transit visa".

You can read about it here.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-to-transit-landside/

It is vital that if you do intend to travel via London, either on a connecting flight or by staying for a day, you get one of these visas.
I Got the Same Information From Local Agency, that I will need a Visa . Thank you For Ur help.

Doda said:
If you have a valid US or Canadian visa, you're allowed to to stay in the airport without a transit visa for 24 hours if you have a valid visa and ticket
Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/
Check the below section for Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions

Hope this helps.
I Have Read this a Thousand times and i think I Fall in this Category, As i am Visa National ( Pakistan) also i Fall is Visa Concession that is i have Canadian Visa and Confirmed ticket in 24 hours but According to Multiple Resources They Wont even let me board if I Dont have a Visa No matter i Fall in that exemption.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
WaseemWasii said:
I Got the Same Information From Local Agency, that I will need a Visa . Thank you For Ur help.

I Have Read this a Thousand times and i think I Fall in this Category, As i am Visa National ( Pakistan) also i Fall is Visa Concession that is i have Canadian Visa and Confirmed ticket in 24 hours but According to Multiple Resources They Wont even let me board if I Dont have a Visa No matter i Fall in that exemption.
Don't think so. I have a friend / former colleague who went to Canada on work visa early in 2013. His flight was routed through London (Emirates or Etehad) and he had to change planes. I asked him clearly and he didn't have a visa to UK (nor transit visa) nor did he need one.

As far as i have heard, there is some concept of terminal i.e. if you have to switch terminal to board the connecting flight, you would need visa. But if you don't need that, it is not required. I have seen a thread discussing this on this forum too. Searching that a bit might help.

However, to be clear - his stay was just for a few hours i.e. not more than 2-3. So i don't know what holds for 12 hour + time lines.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
fkl said:
Don't think so. I have a friend / former colleague who went to Canada on work visa early in 2013. His flight was routed through London (Emirates or Etehad) and he had to change planes. I asked him clearly and he didn't have a visa to UK (nor transit visa) nor did he need one.

As far as i have heard, there is some concept of terminal i.e. if you have to switch terminal to board the connecting flight, you would need visa. But if you don't need that, it is not required. I have seen a thread discussing this on this forum too. Searching that a bit might help.

However, to be clear - his stay was just for a few hours i.e. not more than 2-3. So i don't know what holds for 12 hour + time lines.
you are right in your Opinion, I have read many Cases. If we want to stay at airport and dont leave airport for 5 or 6 Hours thats okay we dont need a Visa. if there is a Change of Airport then we Need Transit Visa. i have no Change of Airport But yes there is a long wait of 22 Hours till the next connecting flight. Now thats very clear that i cant stay 22 hours in Airport lounge so i will surely need a visa to stay at hotel and that would be Visitor in Transit Visa. Thanks for your Reply.

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
That is correct.

Technically, you could travel via London with a Canadian Visa as long as your stay is less than 24 hours, but that would restrict you to staying air side for 22 hours, and you don't want to do that!