+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one applying to ryerson uni (MSc computer science program)

Awaiskhan

Mar 3, 2015
Hi

I applied to MINT Program. But i m not sure I will get any +ve Response as my IELTS expired in OCT 2014.but still i apply with old IELTS I studied in Coventry University Uk (Oman Campus) so language of Instruction was English.

I did bachelors in Electronics & Telecommunication.
MEngg in ECE is my other option..
beside Reyrson what other option have u considered? I read reysrosn is quite expenisve compared to others
I am newbie.So just wandering around with no clue

sobiiKhan

Feb 17, 2015
@Awais Submit English Proficiency Letter issued from your previous university with your online application and I hope you will face no problem.....I know some students who completed their undergraduate degree from Pakistan Universities and doing their Masters now in Canada without IELTS.....I have recently completed my undergraduate degree in january 2015 from NED university Pakistan.....As I got my transcripts and certificates from university in mid February therefore the deadlines of many Ontario Universities have passed now..... That's why this year I have only applied for uOTTAWA and Ryerson (MSc Computer Science and MEng Computer Networks).....you can say that I am Just trying my luck....Ya Ryerson is bit expensive than other ontario univs but IMO the MEng Compnet program of Ryerson is lot better than other univs...In which Uni you applied for MINT program??

Awaiskhan

Mar 3, 2015
@sobiikhan...its Uni of Alberta's MINT Program (MAsters in Internetworking) program is very good cz my frined did MINT Program and now he is working in Alberta..he is very impressed from life and opportunities in Alberta below reasons he gave me

Degree is respected in Job market
Good part time job opportunities
Good job opportunities in Alberta after degree completion
Their PR system is much easier

There is Pre screening process so u have to submit ur docs online for screening.which i did and i am waiting for their response.

my odr options are concordia university
MEng Electronics&Computer Engg
MEng Information System Security
(application deadline is June 1 I guess)

today i emailed them for further Info and my ielts issue so hopefully get a positive response..

My frnd who did MINT program praised reyrson but he said that its quite expenisve compared to others.
can u tell me the exact tuition fee for the program and the GPA requiremnts?

Awaiskhan

Mar 3, 2015
Reyrson MEng in Computer Networks is i think 1 year full time program...so what about visa? I am guessing one will get 2yrs vis rite?

sobiiKhan

Feb 17, 2015
@Awais yes Ryerson MEng is a One year program and after 8 months of your study you can apply for work permit which will be for 1 year too...This is a only problem with this program that we can't get work permit more than 1 year..But there are so many ways through which you can request for the extension in your work permit.that's not a big deal I think..After MEng program I want to go for CCIE certification and this program will cover many topics of CCIE.....Tution fee+(Miscellaneous) is 31000$ CAD without living expenses for INt'l students.... For this program, you must have a minimum of a B/3.00 GPA in the final half of the previously completed undergraduate degree program.....I don't know much about Alberta Province....My Uncle lives in Toronto that's why I want to get admission in the university in or near Toronto......What is a dursation of MINT program @ University of Alberta and what is the total fee??

sobiiKhan

Feb 17, 2015
For Ryerson MEng Program I will get only 15 months study permit then I can apply for not more than 1 year work permit after completing my 8 months of study....

Awaiskhan

Mar 3, 2015
hmm okz...
even MINT covers topic till CCIE and its 2 years program so visa will be for 3 yrs which i read on this forum..ya but reyrson program is more in depth knowlege of Networking,while on other hand living in ALberta,and working is much convenient.

Tuition fee is around 25000 CAD$ ...I applied their..but i think reyrson deadline is met for September intake..is it?

I am still confused about course i shall study and university to decide ..cz my bachelors is in Elect& Telecom,,while i worked in 2 companies once with litle touch of networking whih is the reason i am intrstnd in it.and in other company was working as Field Engineer for telecom Sites.
what other universities u suggest?

sobiiKhan

Feb 17, 2015
Although Ryerson Is still accepting applications for fall 2015 but don't apply b/c it's too late now......Not so many universities of canada offering Masters in networking alone...I only know about Ryerson Compnet program and uOTTAWA and Ryerson Computer Science program with Specialization in Networking......As far as I know Electrical and Telecom graduates can apply for networking masters program in canada.....If you want to build your career in networking field than try to get some cisco certifications (Atleast CCNA) before yourcoming to canada for Masters in networking.....It will help you alot in understanding the advance concepts of networking in Canada..All the networking courses here are based on CISCO syllabus...My cousin did CCNA and CCNP(training) in 2010 from Pakistan and then he did MEng Computer Networks from Ryerson in 2012... LAst year he passed the CCIE(Routing and Switching) written exam and now working in a Q9 Networks Canada as Network Analyst...He also suggested me the same path to follow..So its all upto you what really you want to study....As you say that you are interested n networking than keep in mind that your skills will matter most than your degree in canada....

ksidhu11

Apr 21, 2015
Hello,

I have got admits from Ryerson Comp. Networks, MINT Alberta & Dalhousie Internetworking for fall 2015 intake. I think i can drop Dalhousie inter-networking in them but i am confused about Ryerson & Alberta. I have checked the complete courses & i think Ryerson is providing better and more detailed courses. On the other side, UoAlberta has a very good Rank and reputation.

What i want to know is which one of them has more and better job opportunities? Because in the end all that matters is whether u have a job or not !!

Naiem

Sep 27, 2015
Re: Any one applied and admitted to MINT (internetworking) in UofA or in Ryerson

I would like to apply for MINT in University of Alberta & in Msc. Comp. Network in Ryerson University.
Firstly what is the deadline and when they take?
How to become a full-time applicant in MINT in U of A?
About Ryerson University:
What is the fee and duration for full-time M.Eng in Computer Networks as an international applicant?
What is the fee and duration for full-time MA Sc. in Computer Networks as an international applicant?
I went through their website but mentioned fees and duration are confusing.

Is there Any one know these information? It will be highly appreciated.

Feb 9, 2016
Hey. Even I've applied to these universities for the 2016 intake.i'm waiting for the response. When can I actually expect the reply?