+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any nigerian or ghanaian student applying for study permit for fall 2017?

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Dear All, I had my secondary sch education in Nigeria and an institution where am seeking a diploma admission in canada (NAIT) requires that my secondary school should send my transcripts to them, pls how do I go about this, will I go to WAEC office or ministry of education to get this transcripts, pls help me out.
i think usually the school accepts scratch cards you can buy from the waec website ( that's where I bought the scratch card in ghana, Im not sure about 9ja). u send the scratch card details to the school so that the school can check your sssce results directly from the waec website. so ask the sch if they accept waec scratch cards for sss transcripts. if they do, you buy the scratch card with the pin and send to the school.

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Got a refusal today.....
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada Visa Section P.O. Box 1639 Accra Ghana

I don't understand,
Legon, Political Science B/A 3.64 GPA
Accepted to University of Manitoba Political Studies
Partial Scholarship
IELTS not needed
Showed a Bank Statement of about 150,000 CAD
Im so sorry, like someone said, order the ciap notes to find out to exact reason so that you can prepare better for your next application but don't give up.

Bright1229

Jul 6, 2017
Anyone in Nigeria or Ghana applying for a study permit for fall 2017? Lets network any share info. I just read the visa is taking 17 weeks in 9ja and 20 weeks in Ghana...
Hello guys, Im Nigerian and applied for my student visa for Univ. of Alberta (fall 2017) on 9th February 2017 at vac centre. processed in Ghana and yet to receive any response yet. tracking says it still in process at Canadian embassy in ghana. asked a friend and he says his appplication took 5 months.. anyone got any new info about processing times from applicants experiences etc?

Bright1229

Jul 6, 2017
Im so sorry, like someone said, order the ciap notes to find out to exact reason so that you can prepare better for your next application but don't give up.
I'm sorry for your response from the embassy.. please how long did you submit your application before you got this respond??

Bright1229

Jul 6, 2017
Got a refusal today.....
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada Visa Section P.O. Box 1639 Accra Ghana

I don't understand,
Legon, Political Science B/A 3.64 GPA
Accepted to University of Manitoba Political Studies
Partial Scholarship
IELTS not needed
Showed a Bank Statement of about 150,000 CAD
I'm sorry for your response from the embassy.. please how long did you submit your application before you got this respond?? pls you can reply to lanreade1@gmail.com. thank you

moregist

Jun 16, 2017
Hello All, pls does anybody have an idea of how to get my transcripts notorised as requested by the school from where am seeking admission?

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Hello All, pls does anybody have an idea of how to get my transcripts notorised as requested by the school from where am seeking admission?
Your uni will notorise before giving it to you, request for official transcript. It comes signed and stamped thats all.

moregist

Jun 16, 2017
Your uni will notorise before giving it to you, request for official transcript. It comes signed and stamped thats all.
Thanks so much, I have an original copy with me but I was made to understand that if I send the original copy it will not be returned, so I should make a copy of it and get it motorised before sending it to them. Does that mean that I will take the photocopy to my university to notorise it for me?