+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any nigerian or ghanaian student applying for study permit for fall 2017?

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Got a refusal today.....
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada Visa Section P.O. Box 1639 Accra Ghana

I don't understand,
Legon, Political Science B/A 3.64 GPA
Accepted to University of Manitoba Political Studies
Partial Scholarship
IELTS not needed
Showed a Bank Statement of about 150,000 CAD

Xcelralph

May 30, 2017
Got a refusal today.....
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,

I don't understand,
Partial Scholarship
IELTS not needed
When did u apply for your visa and how did u relate the your course of study to the development of your country

Xcelralph

May 30, 2017
Sometimes it's not about the money(bank statement) but also the application of your course of study to the development of your country. This has to be reflected in your vision and mission on the SOP

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Weird you got a rejection today when the Visa office is closed. You need to apply again showing strong ties to your home country that could be if u were employed in your country/ family ties/ u could even write about your girlfriend and u need to return for her

Jepheke

Jun 13, 2017
I am having Canadian tourist visa and i wish to apply for Canadian study permit in my country, if the study permit application is denied does it have impact on my tourist visa?

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
My only suggestion is after getting a visa rejection apply again only if you are sure that the visa will be granted and you have cleared all points. Too many rejections make you appear dodgy to the immigration and border control

moregist

Jun 16, 2017
Dear All, I had my secondary sch education in Nigeria and an institution where am seeking a diploma admission in canada (NAIT) requires that my secondary school should send my transcripts to them, pls how do I go about this, will I go to WAEC office or ministry of education to get this transcripts, pls help me out.

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Got a refusal today.....
Sincerely,

I don't understand,
Partial Scholarship
IELTS not needed
Hmmmm smh
Sooo sorry bro, it keeps getting milkier and milkier. Its obvious they have a problem with your field of study, political science has low employment opportunities here. He stated your emploment. Hes thinking if you get back there isnt much jobs. They take the sciences more.by the way , will you reapply ? You could Try a program like public policy , or policy analyst. All the best

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Dear All, I had my secondary sch education in Nigeria and an institution where am seeking a diploma admission in canada (NAIT) requires that my secondary school should send my transcripts to them, pls how do I go about this, will I go to WAEC office or ministry of education to get this transcripts, pls help me out.
Am not sure about Nigeria but we don't get transcript for Shs, its only the WASSCE certificate. Waec dont keep your scores.. What they give us on the cert is what they have. I stand to be corrected thou- make an endorsed copy, have your shs stamp the opening with the school address and forward it to them. Am not sure any school down here will be willing to do that on your behalf unless your father is the head i dont see it happening .

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
My only suggestion is after getting a visa rejection apply again only if you are sure that the visa will be granted and you have cleared all points. Too many rejections make you appear dodgy to the immigration and border control
Too bad you can never be 100% sure with canada. You go in with just about 20% , the 80 is all them. There are instances where people missed certain things with about 1% chance and still got it. Some gave them everything in the requirement but ended up getting refused. Its really twisted. You can be positive about it but i donno about being "sure" to get it.

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
Got a refusal today.....
Sincerely,

I don't understand,
Partial Scholarship
IELTS not needed
Sorry man; please get ur caips to aid in deciphering the actual reasons for rejection before attempting to reapply (if you plan to apply again)

All the best man!

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
WAEC doesn't give transcripts; go to your secondary school and apply for it. It's not a big deal