+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any nigerian or ghanaian student applying for study permit for fall 2017?

Aima

May 21, 2017
Here's my two cents:

It would be helpful to explain in your SOP to the consular why a Post graduate Diploma is the natural progression after the HND and say not a bachelors degree or masters. Also include why you are choosing that particular course? why you are choosing to do it in Canada and not your home country.

Is anyone sponsoring your studies? if they are ask them to write a sponsorship letter to attach to your documents. if you are working now, get a letter from your employer stating that you work there and perhaps include in your SOP as well that you are going to return back to your home country to continue working with your employer.

Kuks87

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
I applied for my study permit a long while back. Hence, i dont know where i would have put it.

however i can walk you through it. a Statement of Purpose(or SOP) is an essay/letter to the consular explaining your reason for applying for the study permit. This includes the reason for choosing the program and school. And also how the program fits into your career aspirations or goals. and why you didnt do such a program in your country.

its not such a wordy letter. its just about one page. Hope this helps.

mbagh15

Aug 25, 2013
Hi all
I am also Ghanaian studying my masters degree in Switzerland, I will be applying for another masters degree in Canada after completion of my programme, Could you guys guide me on the admission process of most the universities in Canada.
Thank you

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Tuition is 7875 can dollar they wrote student should have approximately 19600 per yr for tuition fees accommodation and other living exp. I wrote 40000 can dollar
Was the bank statement or proof of means of financial support up to the 40000 cad you wrote. also did you have any study gaps, work experience etc. But on a preliminary observation, you have an HND in Accountancy and you wanted to read a pg in international business mgt , your study plan should be strong enough to tell the VO why you need that pg in mgt... Either than that you can half solve the problem by applying to a program related to Accountancy. Provide more information and let's see.

Joanna22

May 24, 2017
Please I got admission in a college in Canada and would love to apply for my student permit how do I go about it ...

Joanna22

May 24, 2017
I got admission into a college in Canada and I am for September please I would love to apply for my student permit online what are the procedure or website ...am a novice here

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I got admission into a college in Canada and I am for September please I would love to apply for my student permit online what are the procedure or website ...am a novice here
Go here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp then create an account using GCKey. You can share a little info here, like your country, the school and program you are going to, your previous academic status etc.

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Go to google and type requiremebnts for student permit cic

2 passport photos
Your educational certs (photocopies)
Statement of purpose
Financial statement (sponsor)
Copies of admission letter
Receipt of tuition deposit
Any Assets
Letters from work or company registeration

But most times your circumstance determines documents to add

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Go to google and type requiremebnts for student permit cic

2 passport photos
Your educational certs (photocopies)
Statement of purpose
Financial statement (sponsor)
Copies of admission letter
Receipt of tuition deposit
Any Assets
Letters from work or company registeration

But most times your circumstance determines documents to add
Police clearance cert
Medicals (upfront if you like)

Aima

May 21, 2017
Was the bank statement or proof of means of financial support up to the 40000 cad you wrote. also did you have any study gaps, work experience etc. But on a preliminary observation, you have an HND in Accountancy and you wanted to read a pg in international business mgt , your study plan should be strong enough to tell the VO why you need that pg in mgt... Either than that you can half solve the problem by applying to a program related to Accountancy. Provide more information and let's see.

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Hi all
I am also Ghanaian studying my masters degree in Switzerland, I will be applying for another masters degree in Canada after completion of my programme, Could you guys guide me on the admission process of most the universities in Canada.
Thank you
What programs you looking at in which provinces ?
You have to tell us some programs so we can suggest something.

Or you can type cic schools list , you ll get all schools under each province then you go through.
All the best

Xcelralph

May 30, 2017
Please do you need to scan and upload the originals of your documents or do you photocopy them, notorize in court then scan and upload?