+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new students travelled or travelling, who's visa was approved before 18th March.

Peter88

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hii

I'm planning to travel from India by August / September as well!

And I also haven't booked my tickets yet due to flights not being available. Which airlines are you looking at - at this moment, it's only the Air India Vande Bharat Mission flights that are operating, right?

I don't know about entry refusals after reaching Canada, but I've been hearing that Air India has been denying boarding to many students in Delhi, saying that CBSA has not allowed them to enter the flight. It seems airline officials are contacting CBSA somehow and asking whether a person should be allowed to board.

And CBSA is denying permission if the person has online classes ( saying that online classes means it's non-essential ).

Other scheduled flights of other airlines are not operating from India to Canada, as far as I know. Sad thing is Air India is monopolizing the travel, charging 4 lakh INR for 1 ticket ( nearly 5 times the normal amount), and then denying boarding to 1st time travellers.

I really hope IRCC publishes this information about online classes being non-essential so that we can be spared of losing Lakhs and lakhs by being denied boarding in Delhi / entry in Canada.

Many of us are middle-class, have worked so hard all along to get into a master's program at a top public university, and can't afford to lose so much money.

I hope this message somehow reaches IRCC, and they can kindly post on their website that " online classes are non-essential and therefore students with online classes will not be allowed entry ".

Instead of CBSA agents conveying this new rule over the phone with ambiguity, IRCC should please put this information up.

I have to arrange for housing if I have to go there for September. I have to pay so many lakhs for housing, and finally, if I'm going to be denied entry due to online classes, I'll end up losing so many lakhs that I simply can't afford in life.

IRCC is the only source of information for people like me who have applied by themselves and obtained a study permit approval. There's no way to call them / contact them also. I really hope they put thus information up on their website.
Do AI charge 4 Lakhs per person for a flight from Delhi to Toronto?

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Do AI charge 4 Lakhs per person for a flight from Delhi to Toronto?

May not be accurate as on date.

But I read on one of the twitter posts that they're charging that much while booking. Definitely much more than the normal, which is around 80,000 indian rupees or so.