+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

manlikegb

Sep 6, 2016
Yep I'm on my third night now, I didn't want to leave early seeing as I can't get a refund. The food is great, it's just from the hotel restaurant. Great service though, it's been a nice experience.
Which of the Government approved hotels in Calgary did you stay at please? What was the experience and the overall cost for the 3nights.

I am also trying to book for the mandatory 3-night hotel through GB travel Canada as directed on IRCC website but the phone number(1-613-830-2992) wont connect, saying "call cannot be completed". I really dont know what else to do.

Thanks.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Which of the Government approved hotels in Calgary did you stay at please? What was the experience and the overall cost for the 3nights.

I am also trying to book for the mandatory 3-night hotel through GB travel Canada as directed on IRCC website but the phone number(1-613-830-2992) wont connect, saying "call cannot be completed". I really dont know what else to do.

Thanks.
You can check out the rates online and book through the website at each hotel. Links provided for each on the same website.

aliceee94

Jan 20, 2016
Proof of your immediate family member’s status in Canada

The following are examples of documents you can provide. Paper and electronic copies of these documents are accepted. Please note that these are examples only. An officer may request or accept other documents as needed.
  • a Canadian passport
  • proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a citizenship certificate, citizenship card, or provincial or territorial birth certificate
  • a Canadian permanent resident card
  • a Canadian permanent resident travel document
  • a secure certificate of Indian status, certificate of Indian status or temporary confirmation of registration document (TCRD)
  • a copy of the immediate family member’s work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor record (please note that a visitor record may not be suitable to meet an exemption in all circumstances)

Uhh so does this mean a printed scan of my husband's passport is acceptable? No need for the actual passport? Anyone have experience with this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Proof of your immediate family member’s status in Canada

The following are examples of documents you can provide. Paper and electronic copies of these documents are accepted. Please note that these are examples only. An officer may request or accept other documents as needed.
  • a Canadian passport
  • proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a citizenship certificate, citizenship card, or provincial or territorial birth certificate
  • a Canadian permanent resident card
  • a Canadian permanent resident travel document
  • a secure certificate of Indian status, certificate of Indian status or temporary confirmation of registration document (TCRD)
  • a copy of the immediate family member’s work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor record (please note that a visitor record may not be suitable to meet an exemption in all circumstances)

Uhh so does this mean a printed scan of my husband's passport is acceptable? No need for the actual passport? Anyone have experience with this?
So what does ”Paper and electronic copies of these documents are accepted” mean then? Yes, copy is accepted.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I know what you are saying but who is willing to go down that path?
Maybe some that want a challenge.
This hotel thing is highly controversial. Have you seen the videos in the crowded hotel lobbies, there is no social distancing there, its a mess, so if you were Covid negative when u arrived u might be exposed to the virus there, put all arrival people in one big pot and see who comes out clean type thing. We are paying $400/night to be locked up in a virus cesspool!
I mean OK, there is no better practical solution, but at least dont hike the prices up, or offer government run facilities to those who cannot afford a hotel.
Don't make money of poor travelling people line pockets of big Hotel chains and Canada's Covid debt.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Have you seen the videos in the crowded hotel lobbies, there is no social distancing there, its a mess, so if you were Covid negative when u arrived u might be exposed to the virus there,
Apart from the initial reports for the first week or two, I've not seen nor heard of any serious complaints about the actual stays in the hotels since. Mostly just complaints about it costing money and ... fines for refusing to stay in them.

I could be missing the stories of course; but mostly what I'm hearing is complaints from people who just don't like the policy.

(Oh, and idiotic complaints like those in this story - who complain it's 'arbitrary' that one spouse got fined more than the other, but the one who got fined less had a medical reason. That's not arbitrary, twits - that's the opposite of arbitrary, as the reason for the lower fine was identified and not random or capricious.)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
This hotel thing is highly controversial. Have you seen the videos in the crowded hotel lobbies, there is no social distancing there, its a mess, so if you were Covid negative when u arrived u might be exposed to the virus there, put all arrival people in one big pot and see who comes out clean type thing. We are paying $400/night to be locked up in a virus cesspool!
I mean OK, there is no better practical solution, but at least dont hike the prices up, or offer government run facilities to those who cannot afford a hotel.
Don't make money of poor travelling people line pockets of big Hotel chains and Canada's Covid debt.
The pics and videos I have seen here in Canada were from people already staying in the hotel who were having issues. But whether it was them or new arrivals coming there it is up to the people themselves to keep their social distancing, this is not something new but apparently it is still something that some people don't or want to do. At your own peril I will add.

Reactions: armoured

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I'm sure there are better practical solutions with less costs and risks.
I would be especially concerned with having to stay in one of these hotels now with the recent increase in covid cases. Who knows who stayed there previously and who knows if the cleaning protocol is completed properly? If you catch the virus at the hotel, they would never admit to that!

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
A recent traveler from Europe found dust on the walls in his hotel room and live cocroaches in the room and coffee maker.