+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No, most people are allowed to leave in less that 24 hours , some after only 15 hours. If they want to keep this thing they have to make it fair, that is refund all the money for unused portion of hotel stay. If your tests results are ready after 15 hours , you should be charged only for that time and it shouldn't cost you more than 200 bucks in that case... including a couple of meals. Otherwise it is abuse of people and violation of human rights.
Paying a flat rate is not an abuse of human rights in any sense.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Paying a flat rate is not an abuse of human rights in any sense.
It is an abuse in a sense it is forced on people who say they don't want it and don't need it. A customer has to know what they are paying for and has a right to decline an offer.

Reactions: DiiDii

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It is an abuse in a sense it is forced on people who say they don't want it and don't need it. A customer has to know what they are paying for and has a right to decline an offer.
not human rights.

Stopping at red lights is also often opposed by people who don't want it and say they don't need it. They're not abuses of human rights.

Reactions: YVR123

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If you don't like the "offer" given to you then you should not choose to accept the offer and don't come to Canada right now while the rules are in effect.

Reactions: canuck78

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
not human rights.

Stopping at red lights is also often opposed by people who don't want it and say they don't need it. They're not abuses of human rights.
You are not making sense. Breaking the law and being fined and punished is a different thing and you can't compare it to that hotel quarantine thing. If they want to keep it , they have to make it fare. People shouldn't be booking for more than one day at a time or get refunded.It can create hardship on people who absolutely need to travel..If I just decided to book a random hotel room for 24 hours with 3 meals, how much would it cost? Doubt more than 200.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You are not making sense. Breaking the law and being fined and punished is a different thing and you can't compare it to that hotel quarantine thing. If they want to keep it , they have to make it fare. People shouldn't be booking for more than one day at a time or get refunded.It can create hardship on people who absolutely need to travel..If I just decided to book a random hotel room for 24 hours with 3 meals, how much would it cost? Doubt more than 200.
It is the law; it's an order under the Quarantine Act. I'm not sure why you think it's any different.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
See this as the only relevant thread here.

Been trying to look at Pet Policy during the hotel quarantine phase - don't seem to find anything besides booking a hotel that is 'pet friendly'.

Does anyone have experience in bringing a pet in when they come to Canada during the hotel quarantine phase? Does the pet have to go through a separate set of procedures? And is there any way possible for me to take our cat from my wife before she goes into the hotel mandated quarantine?

Tried searching their website - there's nothing specific regarding it.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See this as the only relevant thread here.

Been trying to look at Pet Policy during the hotel quarantine phase - don't seem to find anything besides booking a hotel that is 'pet friendly'.

Does anyone have experience in bringing a pet in when they come to Canada during the hotel quarantine phase? Does the pet have to go through a separate set of procedures? And is there any way possible for me to take our cat from my wife before she goes into the hotel mandated quarantine?

Tried searching their website - there's nothing specific regarding it.
You can call CBSA if they can provide any tips.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is actually a YouTube video posted in which the lady mentioned what was the choices of meals provided by the hotel during her stay in Fairmont YVR. Let see: the non quarantine room rate alone is already more than 200 nightly!

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Why not invite your significant other up in the paid room for some one on one TIME until you're room expires instead lol. Instead of wasting a good covid free room. #IJS

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
There is actually a YouTube video posted in which the lady mentioned what was the choices of meals provided by the hotel during her stay in Fairmont YVR. Let see: the non quarantine room rate alone is already more than 200 nightly!
That's a nice place!....Almost 5-star and not cheap for the thrifty traveler.
I would expect steak, lobster, and champagne for a quarantine room.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I do not have any experience with this but my suggestion would be to contact pet kennels near the airport. I suspect you'll find that trying to bring pet to hotel will not be possible - but I'm only guessing.

Again, guessing, but would think that pet kennels near airport would have experience with the issue and perhaps be able to pick up your pet directly at airport (not for free, of course).

You may find this a lot less stressful than trying to arrange for yourselves at same time.