+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can’t afford the 3-night hotel stay. Can I be subsidized?
A person (who is not otherwise exempt from quarantine) who enters Canada by aircraft and cannot provide evidence of pre-paid accommodation at a government-authorized accommodation is considered unable to quarantine. A person who is considered unable to quarantine must follow the directions of a screening officer or quarantine officer to go to a federal designated quarantine facility.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/contact/contact-1-800-o-canada/hotel-stayover.html
What is your status in Canada? Are you a ciitizen?

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
How do soft landings work? Do you need to cross the border in the province you plan to be living in? If these same restrictions are still in place whenever I get my PR approved (fingers crossed for mid-late summer), Can I fly to Seattle, rent a car and drive to BC, flip around and come back to the states, then be all good to go to Alberta with all my stuff later?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How do soft landings work? Do you need to cross the border in the province you plan to be living in? If these same restrictions are still in place whenever I get my PR approved (fingers crossed for mid-late summer), Can I fly to Seattle, rent a car and drive to BC, flip around and come back to the states, then be all good to go to Alberta with all my stuff later?
Yes you should be able to do this as long as they are still allowing people to land and turn around and go back into the US.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Not sure what you mean by flip around. Under the present rules you will have to do your 14 day quarantine before you can do your flip.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My file is now in process and i am sure I'll get copr by march end. I am getting relieved from my job on 4th april, so my question is, till what date this hotel quarantine rule will last? If i travel in April's 2nd half, will this rule be still there?
Nobody can tell you the answer to that but my guess is that it will still be a requirement in April.

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Not sure what you mean by flip around. Under the present rules you will have to do your 14 day quarantine before you can do your flip.
That's the recommendation. If you leave, no one will stop you. If you must leave the country during your 14 day quarantine, the rules is that you have to go straight to your final destination without stopping.

They aren't likely to let you in without a quarantine plan, though, so it's a moot point.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I wonder how long that will take?

A Vancouver tech company has developed a comfortable and safe cost effective solution.
https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/03/07/vancouver-wearable-tracking-device-hotel-quarantine/
Hong Kong has implemented 21 days of hotel stay later on when their COVID number increased. They still have this technology.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/designated-hotel-returnees.html

btw. this technology didn't stop people from having contact with the quaratined person. The hotel quaratine make that possible at least for the first few days.

As we can see many still think it's OK to stay in the same apartment and share bathroom. And their family can still go to work while sharing their bathroom.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
No, most people are allowed to leave in less that 24 hours , some after only 15 hours. If they want to keep this thing they have to make it fair, that is refund all the money for unused portion of hotel stay. If your tests results are ready after 15 hours , you should be charged only for that time and it shouldn't cost you more than 200 bucks in that case... including a couple of meals. Otherwise it is abuse of people and violation of human rights.

Reactions: DiiDii

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
No, most people are allowed to leave in less that 24 hours , some after only 15 hours. If they want to keep this thing they have to make it fair, that is refund all the money for unused portion of hotel stay. If your tests results are ready after 15 hours , you should be charged only for that time and it shouldn't cost you more than 200 bucks in that case... including a couple of meals. Otherwise it is abuse of people and violation of human rights.
I wouldn't call it ' abuse of people ' but could easily come up with different words like dishonest.

The Hotels in my area call it a ' flat rate ' and many of the quarantined travelers receive their negative covid test result from the health authority
within 24hours. Then they are free to leave and finish quarantine at their own residence. Just can't understand why the hotels will not refund some
of their exorbitant fees? Hope the travelers leave a ' good review ' on how they were treated.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hong Kong has implemented 21 days of hotel stay later on when their COVID number increased. They still have this technology.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/designated-hotel-returnees.html

btw. this technology didn't stop people from having contact with the quaratined person. The hotel quaratine make that possible at least for the first few days.

As we can see many still think it's OK to stay in the same apartment and share bathroom. And their family can still go to work while sharing their bathroom.
Yea, we know not everyone likes to follow the rules and some just don't care.

I've been in touch with some of the quarantine hotels and they tell me no one has come back with a positive covid test result. If they did, they're not sure
what to do? Just contact the health authority and wait for further instructions.